Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
ALSO I entered the contest on Universal's Facebook page and I won! Agh! Haha! So my mother, sister, and I are all going after school Thursday. It was a nice little surprise. Just thought I'd mention it. :smiley:

:blank:

I hate you.

:lol: Congrats! It's always nice to know that people actually win those things. I would have entered had it not been for obligations at home. Your welcome. :lol:

That looks like an unreleased promotion photo... unless of course, it was released. I cannot tell if it is the new or old. Why are the booths deep fushia in color?

It was put out on the UOR Facebook page with this caption:
Thanks to these newly installed & highly sophisticated Infitec 3-D projectors, you'll experience The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man in all-new, mind-blowingly better 4K hi-def. The adventure begins Thursday... Roger that?

I hope the brick wall appears more authentic in the projection then it did previously. There was always something video-y about that screen so the surprise of something breaking through wasn't as great.

I hope the brick wall appears more authentic in the projection then it did previously. There was always something video-y about that screen so the surprise of something breaking through wasn't as great.

Idk. It's such a set up action scene that I think it would be hard to make it a surprise no matter how authentic the wall looks.

Stan Lee talks about the updated ride.

[video=youtube;KM_Cn1QqxJ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM_Cn1QqxJ8&list=UUGl3kbSLHfKb3QeOYG7pAuA&feature=plcp[/video]

I was never sure if Spidey was actually pulling the Doc back or not. Honestly, I'm still not sure. I'd like to think Doc Ock's using our SCOOP as balance and when we inevitably push the sucker into reverse, he fights it and we eventually win and escape, but not before losing our bumper in the process. At least, that's what always occurs in my mind.

Last edited:
I was never sure if Spidey was actually pulling the Doc back or not. Honestly, I'm still not sure. I'd like to think Doc Ock's using our SCOOP as balance and when we inevitably push the sucker into reverse, he fights it and we eventually win and escape, but not before losing our bumper in the process. At least, that's what always occurs in my mind.

I always thought that Doc was pulling us, we were pulling away, creating tension, and when the bumper breaks off, tension snaps and Doc goes flying one way and we go the other.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Idk. It's such a set up action scene that I think it would be hard to make it a surprise no matter how authentic the wall looks.

I always thought they should have only projected the bricks that end up flying out, and have a real physical brick wall for all the bricks that don't, Syncing up the projection with the physical set. Although it might be difficult matching them up color/lighting wise.

I always thought they should have only projected the bricks that end up flying out, and have a real physical brick wall for all the bricks that don't, Syncing up the projection with the physical set. Although it might be difficult matching them up color/lighting wise.

Watch the video very carefully. The arm things flail throughout the entire screen. You cannot have arms that come close and therefore appear larger than the distant character maneuvering them unless there is screen to display it.

It is in fact the action and combonation of the Scoop being in reverse and struggling against Doc Oc's Grip. It is the bumper of the Scoop being ripped off. There was a large debate on it long ago and this new crisp video definiately showcases the concept better.

The original debate even had input from the director of the original animated action stating what was happening, not much better source than that. That was one of the nerdiest theme park debates I have ever seen on the internet. Fun stuff.

That idea is also further in place when later the Scoop is taking more and more damage to where at that point in the ride we here a transmission from J. Jonah Jamison. "Scoop! My beautiful Scoop!"

Reactions: Cwoolboy