Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

I'm curious, is the fireball turned off due to everyone wearing masks? Or is something legitimately broken?

With Doc Ock's heat, I'm leaning towards broken effect/tech issue since over the weekend the same heat effect in Transformers was working just fine.

But for the fireball, I'm not so sure. On Saturday when I rode Mummy, none of the fire effects were operational. So I thought they were purposely turned off along with SM's fireball. But then on Sunday after Mummy was down for a good chunk of the morning, it reopened with all the fire effects, including the notorious brain fire!

I'm curious, is the fireball turned off due to everyone wearing masks? Or is something legitimately broken?

With Doc Ock's heat, I'm leaning towards broken effect/tech issue since over the weekend the same heat effect in Transformers was working just fine.

But for the fireball, I'm not so sure. On Saturday when I rode Mummy, none of the fire effects were operational. So I thought they were purposely turned off along with SM's fireball. But then on Sunday after Mummy was down for a good chunk of the morning, it reopened with all the fire effects, including the notorious brain fire!
Sometimes it does go out for sure...I don't know if they are in that mode of cost cutting

FWIW, Mummy fire effects don't have time to reset for every car if they're going full clip. Not sure if what there dispatches were looking like, but that could be the culprit.

I'll note I never felt the Doc Ock heat during my trip in February. Disappointed to hear that's down. Spidey fireball is a doozy though and should be a priority...

I've been looking into the Spider-Man ride over the weekend there.

A few points that stood out to me:

• How ground breaking this ride was when it debuted before the luxury of digital projection. Playing a 20sec film on repeat all day every day while syncing the ride elements up, was mind blowing at the time.
  • Steven Spielberg overlooked all of the movie segments
  • The majority of the physical sets and walls were digitally printed using elements from the movies so that they perfectly match up.

The majority of the physical sets and walls were digitally printed using elements from the movies so that they perfectly match up.
Now that is intriguing. I’d like to hear Scott Trowbridge talk about this ride 20 years later.

Doesn’t SS look after every new ride that comes along? From a distance, if nothing else?

I've been looking into the Spider-Man ride over the weekend there.

A few points that stood out to me:

• How ground breaking this ride was when it debuted before the luxury of digital projection. Playing a 20sec film on repeat all day every day while syncing the ride elements up, was mind blowing at the time.
  • Steven Spielberg overlooked all of the movie segments
  • The majority of the physical sets and walls were digitally printed using elements from the movies so that they perfectly match up.

Yes, I remember first riding it before the onslaught of 3D in theme parks...It all felt so real

Don't know where else to mention this, but all of the smoke effects were turned back on last time I rode on Sunday, but the fireball and heat were still out.

Don't know where else to mention this, but all of the smoke effects were turned back on last time I rode on Sunday, but the fireball and heat were still out.
What would those be? The fog in the sewer tunnel...you mean to tell me that fog shoots out again when Electro and Hydro-Man clash, like it used to?

As long as the "talking rats" at the beginning of the ride are there I don't care what else is down.
(I know the rats don't really talk but it looks like they are until you turn the corner. It's the part of the ride which brings me the most joy!)

The ride was running great (minus the fire) on Saturday

However, we froze in the last few scenes because the ride was stacking a bit

Not sure if the unload was just going slow...but they were sending cars through pretty quickly

It was fun to bounce around after the scene had already played and reset though lol

I still need to ride Hagrid, and Forbidden Journey has come close, but nothing has eclipsed the feeling of riding this attraction for the first time just yet. Coaster or dark ride or whatever. Also, the new Spidey on the ground entrance looks neat, at least!

This. Nothing has come close to what I felt when I rode this for the first time and that was back in 99.