Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

How long has the effect been missing? It's kind of the best gag in the ride.

I believe since late last year. The easy guess is that it’s cost related and will be back when we’re on a bit more sturdy ground. While it’s a great effect and adds to the experience, its absence doesn’t “take away” from the ride - if that makes sense.

I hope it doesn't get replaced with a fog/projection mapping effect or something

Bursts of flames are a Universal staple

I'd be sad
Everyone was sure the Revenge of the Mummy fire was never going to come back when it was off for an extended period of time, and then it did. I'd assume the same will happen here until proven otherwise.

I believe since late last year. The easy guess is that it’s cost related and will be back when we’re on a bit more sturdy ground. While it’s a great effect and adds to the experience, its absence doesn’t “take away” from the ride - if that makes sense.
I know its been off since October for 100% certainly. I think its a big missing hole that its off. I cant ride now and not feel something was missing. Universal we need it back.

The heat effects coming from the flame of Doc Ock's one tentetacle also hasn't been working for a few months now. I also miss seeing the fire after Hobgoblin's pumpkin bomb explodes.

I thought they worked on Spider-Man's face on the pavement months ago though.

The fog in the sewer transition and when Doc Oc blasts you were at full blast when I rode two weekends ago

Only missing effects were the heat and fire

The heat was not working for the entirety of my trip in February 2020 - AKA right before the world shut down. So if no one has seen it operating since then, I'd hasten to guess it hasn't been operating correctly for a minimum of nearly 1 year.