Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I love how Spider-Man and JJJ are voiced by Chris Edgerly (Peter Potamus from Harvey Birdman...)
nice tribute to the Hanna-Barbera ride (IK most of you disagree, but to me it's like a reminder that HB is still prominent in the parks in even the smallest form... like how Disney replaced Gary Owens' World of Motion with John Michael Higgins' Test Track... and JMH is Mentok...)
Fun fact I was one of the final riders on World of Motion... July 95. Don't think they ran it too much after that. Also one of the final riders on Body Wars before it started operating seasonally hahahahaha

Got back from a trip a few weeks ago, and I’d just like to say how impressed I was with how well Spider-Man’s held up. It still proved itself to be my favorite attraction and the best in the park IMO. Doc Ock’s heat was working, the goblin’s fireball was on full blast, and the screens were clear and perfectly synced to the motion. It was probably the best ride I’ve gotten on it. I know a lot of people who will take FJ over this, but FJ was in pretty rough shape. Lots of broken animatronics, delay/timing issues, and the lights were way too bright. I could see quite clearly in scenes that used to be total darkness (which let me see the defunct dementor vortex effect which was pretty cool). My big issue though was the motion. It was completely out of sync, which led to a nauseating ride experience that was so bad it made someone in my group do a code 5 and left the rest of us pretty close. For being over a decade older, it’s mind-boggling that the motion on spider-man is so much smoother and well-synced compared to FJ. Based on quality and upkeep, I’d take Spider-Man over FJ any day of the week! Kudos to the maintenance team for really keeping this ride mint

Got back from a trip a few weeks ago, and I’d just like to say how impressed I was with how well Spider-Man’s held up. It still proved itself to be my favorite attraction and the best in the park IMO. Doc Ock’s heat was working, the goblin’s fireball was on full blast, and the screens were clear and perfectly synced to the motion. It was probably the best ride I’ve gotten on it. I know a lot of people who will take FJ over this, but FJ was in pretty rough shape. Lots of broken animatronics, delay/timing issues, and the lights were way too bright. I could see quite clearly in scenes that used to be total darkness (which let me see the defunct dementor vortex effect which was pretty cool). My big issue though was the motion. It was completely out of sync, which led to a nauseating ride experience that was so bad it made someone in my group do a code 5 and left the rest of us pretty close. For being over a decade older, it’s mind-boggling that the motion on spider-man is so much smoother and well-synced compared to FJ. Based on quality and upkeep, I’d take Spider-Man over FJ any day of the week! Kudos to the maintenance team for really keeping this ride mint
Yeah FJ really hasnt been in a very good state lately, really needs a big refurb. Spider-man is my fav right now also but if FJ got a big update maybe that would change.

Yeah FJ really hasnt been in a very good state lately, really needs a big refurb. Spider-man is my fav right now also but if FJ got a big update maybe that would change.

Yeah got to agree with the comments regarding FJ. Got back from my first trip since 2017 a few weeks ago and it has really aged in the last 5 years. Not sure what the scope would be for them to upgrade the projectors/screens, but some of the scenes don’t look good at all. They’ve got to be able to get a higher resolution set-up in 2022; surprised they haven’t dealt with it already to be honest.

This is about to once again become the only Universal Spider-Man attraction.

After 20 years, USJ is permanently closing their Spider-Man in January 2024 (it's rumored to be replaced by a Pokemon e-ticket)

FwOi9qwacAAvrAt

Is Spider-Man the only Marvel attraction at USJ? Wonder if Disney benefits from this if there will be no more Marvel in that park.

Is Spider-Man the only Marvel attraction at USJ? Wonder if Disney benefits from this if there will be no more Marvel in that park.
Yes it's the only Marvel attraction in Japan. People online are saying that this closure means Disney will have access to the full brand in Japan (I can't confirm how accurate that is), but regardless I doubt we will see extensive Marvel presence at TDR. MCU is popular in Japan, but not as much as in the west and rumor is that OLC was already offered Marvel and passed on it.

Yes and yes.

Yes it's the only Marvel attraction in Japan. People online are saying that this closure means Disney will have access to the full brand in Japan (I can't confirm how accurate that is), but regardless I doubt we will see extensive Marvel presence at TDR. MCU is popular in Japan, but not as much as in the west and rumor is that OLC was already offered Marvel and passed on it.
That’s wild, although I know nothing about how popular Marvel is in Japan. Guess Pokemon is too good of an IP to pass on there even if Disney benefits too in the end.

That’s wild, although I know nothing about how popular Marvel is in Japan. Guess Pokemon is too good of an IP to pass on there even if Disney benefits too in the end.

Although, if Disney goes with a Webslingers clone, that wouldn't be a big blow to Universal. However, if OLC is engaged, they might ensure that a new Spiderman ride would actually be awesome.

Reactions: DodgsonHere
Although, if Disney goes with a Webslingers clone, that wouldn't be a big blow to Universal. However, if OLC is engaged, they might ensure that a new Spiderman ride would actually be awesome.
Webslingers would not be a threat at all, I think the floodgates opening for every other Marvel character would be much more of a blow. On one hand I don't think Disney has made a good Marvel land yet, on the other OLC involvement could definitely make a good project. Will be interesting to see what, if anything, happens.

Reactions: SkiBum
Not sure when they increased the amount of fog after you get hit with the levitation ray, but it makes the effect 10x more effective. I even heard a few gasp last time I rode
So it was operating the way its supposed to.. I remember the first time I rode it (300 years ago), the fog blast was heavy.

How was the Hydroman wetness level effect?