Springfield Expansion | Page 158 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Toon Lagoon should really be named "This is all we could get Lagoon".

So many better plans went down the drain because the head of Uni back in the day was cheap.

They could retheme Toon Lagoon to Simpsons as well. Make it another part of Springfield and connect it via monorail with Leonard Nemoy! I'm sure they're done with Simpsons after this though.

They could retheme Toon Lagoon to Simpsons as well. Make it another part of Springfield and connect it via monorail with Leonard Nemoy! I'm sure they're done with Simpsons after this though.

No, no, no, no... The only proper method of transportation between Simpsons lands is a Springfield Elementary school bus driven by an Otto Mann look-alike... :lol:

Toon Lagoon should really be named "This is all we could get Lagoon".

So many better plans went down the drain because the head of Uni back in the day was cheap.

After JP they really should target Toon Lagoon as the next area for additions/expansion. Two rides and a play area aren't enough for this land. They could finally demo the amphitheater and build something new there, as well as maybe add a flat ride of some sort across from that where the games currently are.

After JP they really should target Toon Lagoon as the next area for additions/expansion. Two rides and a play area aren't enough for this land. They could finally demo the amphitheater and build something new there, as well as maybe add a flat ride of some sort across from that where the games currently are.

I think the entire area could be re-themed. Most people don't read newspaper comics anymore I don't believe, so its having less impact or familiarity.

I think the entire area could be re-themed. Most people don't read newspaper comics anymore I don't believe, so its having less impact or familiarity.

Definitely. JP and Toon Lagoon are the two biggest lands, taking up practically half the park, and it amounts to 3 water rides for all that space. :doh:

JP can build on their existing brand, but I think it is way over due for a retheme of TL. Don't get me wrong there are some good brands in TL, it just does not add up to enough excitement and hype for a whole land. I always thought it should have been Simpsons, even before I heard it was considered. Then when The Simpsons Ride was coming, I was hoping for a TL replacement before I heard it was replacing BTTF.

Maybe they could switch it up a bit and have Family Guy, American Dad, Cleveland Show.

^I'm pretty sure Toon Lagoon will be rethemed one day, but I'm also willing to bet it won't become Seth McFarlane-land :lol:

Hopefully sooner rather than later :happy:

I was just throwing McFar Lane out there. It would be best if they could fit in an IP that would keep the two rides just rethemed, and replace everything else including adding some non-water rides. Or if JP could eat the top half, and the bottom going to Marvel. Then again I am for more variety not just more stuff, so something that has not been seen in theme parks as long as it is good.

Why does everyone hate on Toon Lagoon so much?! I feel like it needs another ride but every time I go on Dudley or Popeye I always have so much fun. I do agree they really need to do something with that empty theater because it's just sitting there with some serious potential. But anyways I love Toon Lagoon lol

Why does everyone hate on Toon Lagoon so much?! I feel like it needs another ride but every time I go on Dudley or Popeye I always have so much fun. I do agree they really need to do something with that empty theater because it's just sitting there with some serious potential. But anyways I love Toon Lagoon lol

Because it really is the cheapest looking land in the entire park, heck maybe in Orlando.

I agree 100%. Best two water attractions on the planet, plus the funnies are really funny. As you said, need to use the empty theatre.

Can we get back to Springfield, please? I know we're not necessarily off topic but just a tad.

To be honest, Im ready for the mass amounts of construction soon to take place. Call me a junky...Heck since joining this site Ive found myself even more interested in construction...Even taken an interest in a remodeling project they're doing for a Sam's in my town. :look:

Because it really is the cheapest looking land in the entire park, heck maybe in Orlando.

I would like to disagree. Chester & Hester's? "Old" Fantasyland?

Toon Lagoon is my least favorite island at Islands of Adventure, only because of the terrible transition with MSHI, the amount of shops, and Comic Strip Lane. I like Sweet Haven and the area around Dudley, but I'm not too fond of Comic Strip Lane. Still, I don't think TL is the cheapest looking land in Orlando.

(I still wouldn't mind seeing it replaced though)

Krusty burger got new lighting, but where will the sign gooooo?????
Here is the new lighting:

2wd0ob7.jpg