Springfield Expansion | Page 160 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
the last time i was in IOA, the awesome Rocky and Bullwinkle store had been converted into some lame cellphone case store, and all the R&B merchandise had been removed. Pretty sure that was due to lack of public interest.

There is not space for a ride. There are trees there to hide the lagoon, part of Popeye & Bluto's track, as well as the service area for a shop.

I'm pretty sure a small flat ride could fit there... Storm Force fits between Hulk and Doom. Universal could also build it slightly into the lagoon like they did with Hulk. I agree that a Skipper Tours station probably wouldn't fit. Popeye could be hidden in some way and backstage space could be covered or themed.

But why does the lagoon need to be hidden? The whole idea is that you're on an ISLAND... when I'm at a lagoon, I expect to see an ocean lol.

Either way I think Toon Lagoon could use a few family rides (no height requirement) somewhere. I'd love to see little kids enjoy every area of the park, not just Seuss.

@darkridelover - Yeah, that probably is a little too pricy... so $150-175 million for a whole renovation? Didn't realize HP 1.0 only cost Uni $265 million! I'm glad I'm not running the $1.5 billion expansion! Maybe they're packing a lot more into their long-term plan than I thought...

Just got back from being at UO all day and I believe that Cletus' Fried Chicken is the winner of the mystery restaurant. The entire front side of the building has the faux wood look to it.

Just got back from being at UO all day and I believe that Cletus' Fried Chicken is the winner of the mystery restaurant. The entire front side of the building has the faux wood look to it.

Has it been painted yet, or is it still just molded / carved concrete? And have they removed that wall or is it still behind walls?

I'm pretty sure a small flat ride could fit there... Storm Force fits between Hulk and Doom. Universal could also build it slightly into the lagoon like they did with Hulk. I agree that a Skipper Tours station probably wouldn't fit. Popeye could be hidden in some way and backstage space could be covered or themed.

But why does the lagoon need to be hidden? The whole idea is that you're on an ISLAND... when I'm at a lagoon, I expect to see an ocean lol.

Either way I think Toon Lagoon could use a few family rides (no height requirement) somewhere. I'd love to see little kids enjoy every area of the park, not just Seuss.

@darkridelover - Yeah, that probably is a little too pricy... so $150-175 million for a whole renovation? Didn't realize HP 1.0 only cost Uni $265 million! I'm glad I'm not running the $1.5 billion expansion! Maybe they're packing a lot more into their long-term plan than I thought...

It is not part of the open lagoon, but rather a spur to give separation from Marvel. So I guess not actually trying to hide the lagoon but hide Marvel and try to downplay the fact that they are not actually separate islands. That also nixes building a ride over the lagoon there.

I don't think there is as much space there as your thinking. There is definitely not as much space as there was between Hulk and Doom. And remember it is no good to just cram anything into all nooks of space, without regard to giving a buffer to surroundings as well as the guest paths. Though it may be possible to fit a small flat ride where the games are now, and reconfigure the path to take up the "grand" entrance to the theater.

There has been more talk about a complete retheme to Toon Lagoon in The Stash today too. We'll see if any of these rumors become more solid as they finish current projects.

Last edited:
Has it been painted yet, or is it still just molded / carved concrete? And have they removed that wall or is it still behind walls?

It has not been painted yet and the walls are still up right now. They were doing some serious work on the Springfield area. The area next to the bathrooms that are going to be in androids now has concrete and is cleaned up and the paint primer spots have been painted over with green again.

It has not been painted yet and the walls are still up right now. They were doing some serious work on the Springfield area. The area next to the bathrooms that are going to be in androids now has concrete and is cleaned up and the paint primer spots have been painted over with green again.

Cool. Thanks for the info! :thumbs: Did you grab any pics today?

If not then, I definitely wouldn't be surprised still to see them mention it at some point within the next week or so. They may make mention of it next week when The Today Show is at Universal. It would definitely be a good way to let people know about it.