Springfield Expansion | Page 159 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Combine the Simpsons and Monster Island. There was a show where Lisa was sentenced to a lifetime of horror on Monster Island. 《Gasp》Don't worry it's just a name.

As they run from monsters Lisa yells "I thought it was just a name! "

It's actually a peninsula.

Technically true on IoA.

thanks DH

I can't believe they used surface mounted lights! They could have easily been recessed into the eve behind a reflective open cell grid and given a much cleaned look. I would imagine the light fixtures now are not exposed tube type but have a complete acrylic cover to protect the fluorescent tube from damage or falling out and no matter how tightly closed the fixture is bugs will find a way in (maintenance nightmare) :-X
Here is the new lighting:

2wd0ob7.jpg

Did they put the lights up before top coating the soffit? Genius! :bang:

In the show the Krusty Burger sign is always depicted as detached from the structure. So if they wanted to keep it accurate they could put a pole out front with the sign. :thumbs:

Did they put the lights up before top coating the soffit? Genius! :bang:

In the show the Krusty Burger sign is always depicted as detached from the structure. So if they wanted to keep it accurate they could put a pole out front with the sign. :thumbs:

Yea I know but like if you put the sign to the left then its too close to moes, but if you put it to the right then it's right in front of androids. :faint:

Yea I know but like if you put the sign to the left then its too close to moes, but if you put it to the right then it's right in front of androids. :faint:

I'm going with the conduit hidden by this black box. That is what I see to be the best place to put a sign in front of Krusty Burger without interfering the other storefronts.

From Felipe
BEYGwr-CAAAnch9.jpg

BEYHpjSCUAMHMZ3.jpg

Okay thank you so much, you can see that universal has already installed bolts to keep it in place.... So exciteddd, can't wait to see lard lad go up

I think the entire area could be re-themed. Most people don't read newspaper comics anymore I don't believe, so its having less impact or familiarity.

After JP they really should target Toon Lagoon as the next area for additions/expansion. Two rides and a play area aren't enough for this land. They could finally demo the amphitheater and build something new there, as well as maybe add a flat ride of some sort across from that where the games currently are.

In all honesty, the only area of Toon Lagoon that needs fixing is the front area (amphitheater, open plaza, carnival games)
It's a complete waste of space that everyone skips on their way to Dudley, Popeye, and JPRA

Here's the dream expansion/renovation for Toon Lagoon:
.Amphitheater: bulldozed for a Mr. Peabody and Sherman dark ride which would give a new spin on trackless dark rides and have a show scene themed to Hill Valley to bring back BTTF (in cartoon form lol) - $125 million
A new entrance area with a huge colorful cartoon fountain and animated AAs, plus other small improvements through the land - $25 million

.Plaza/extra backstage space: replaced with a colorful fully-animated statue with the most popular comic strip characters ($50 million)
a new, smaller Toon Lagoon Theater gets a show themed to Garfield - $35 million
if there's room, a small-scale flat ride themed to Peanuts - $15 million (similar to Mater's Junkyard Jamboree)

.Carnival games/remaining extra space: a top-notch chairswings ride themed to Rocky and Bullwinkle ($20 million)
new station for Island Skipper Tours w/ Hagar the Horrible show scene in cave ($20 million)

.Dudley Do-Right: massive upgrade with new show scenes, AAs, projections and enhanced riding experience ($60 million)

The area just needs some love... after JP's expansion of course (2018 would be perfect)
I'd rather this area get renovated than a new attraction in Seuss

In all honesty, the only area of Toon Lagoon that needs fixing is the front area (amphitheater, open plaza, carnival games)
It's a complete waste of space that everyone skips on their way to Dudley, Popeye, and JPRA

.Amphitheater: bulldozed for a Mr. Peabody and Sherman dark ride which would give a new spin on trackless dark rides and have a show scene themed to Hill Valley to bring back BTTF (in cartoon form lol) - $125 million
A new entrance area with a huge colorful cartoon fountain and animated AAs, plus other small improvements through the land - $25 million

.Plaza/extra backstage space: replaced with a colorful fully-animated statue with the most popular comic strip characters ($50 million)
if there's room, a small-scale flat ride themed to Peanuts - $15 million (similar to Mater's Junkyard Jamboree)

.Carnival games/remaining extra space: a top-notch chairswings ride themed to Rocky and Bullwinkle ($20 million)
new station for Island Skipper Tours w/ Hagar the Horrible show scene in cave ($20 million)

.Dudley Do-Right: massive upgrade with new show scenes, AAs, projections and enhanced riding experience ($60 million)

The area just needs some love... after JP's expansion of course (2018 would be perfect)

I can't remember but aren't there shops behind the carnival games. (Sorry, but the last time I went was back in '12 in June)

I can't remember but aren't there shops behind the carnival games. (Sorry, but the last time I went was back in '12 in June)

There is not space for a ride. There are trees there to hide the lagoon, part of Popeye & Bluto's track, as well as the service area for a shop.

Woah!!! Sorry I couldn't resist but your prices for all of those types of attraction are 3 times more than what they would really cost. Sorry to be nerdy like that.

Woah!!! Sorry I couldn't resist but your prices for all of those types of attraction are 3 times more than what they would really cost. Sorry to be nerdy like that.
Maybe he's used to Disney's costs. The New Fantasyland cost $425 Million. Considering WWOHP was $265 million, I could see where Disney would spend that kind of money on what he listed.

Yep. Universal bids out a lot of their stuff, where as Disney does a lot of it in house.
You also have to remember though about WWoHP phase 1 that a lot of didn't need a ton of cost, as there were already existing facilities and it was just a layover. The biggest expenditure was FJ for sure, but beyond that, nothing other than Ollivanders really involved big bucks.