Springfield Expansion | Page 238 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No it's not going to make it but they gave one hell of an effort. At this point no exact dates are known as its just get it open as quickly as possible. Factors include water table, foundation issues, and delays in materials. Not to mention the whole pissing contest between IP's and numerous last minute changes and upgrades throughout 971.

Do you think they'll still be going at it full tilt or are they likely to ease off a bit as the initial 'deadline' has been missed and focus some resources on the various other projects?

The concept art shows that there will be a lower waterfront level to Duff Gardens (with tables and umbrellas). From the construction pics I've seen, it doesn't look like there is enough room for steps and and a walkway with seating along the water.

Can anyone confirm or deny if this lower level is still in the plans?

No it's not going to make it but they gave one hell of an effort. At this point no exact dates are known as its just get it open as quickly as possible. Factors include water table, foundation issues, and delays in materials. Not to mention the whole pissing contest between IP's and numerous last minute changes and upgrades throughout 971.
Not to mention the late night thunderstorms that we've had here Sunday and Monday night which lasted into the morning hours. :thumbs: I think though this will make Thursday that much better. Universal can now focus on promoting just Transformers the ride that day. :thumbs:

The concept art shows that there will be a lower waterfront level to Duff Gardens (with tables and umbrellas). From the construction pics I've seen, it doesn't look like there is enough room for steps and and a walkway with seating along the water.

Can anyone confirm or deny if this lower level is still in the plans?

Yep, an optical illusion. You can see in these photos...

Notice how the construction workers are higher than the 'sea wall', that is because they are at a higher elevation. As the ground is a few feet below that red hand rail. Also check out the unpainted columns next to the Duff Gardens buildings, I believe they are the starts of that wall.

But there is much more space than it looks from the photos.

Last edited:
At least you guys have Transformers to off set any dissapointment then you will still have Springfirld to look forward too once transformers has died down a bit. Im really excited about springfield, should be one hell of a place to eat, drink beer and hangout.

Better to take the time over it and get it right than to rush it through and make mistakes. Alton Towers and Gerstlaur should take note :look:

i completely understand and i figured it wouldnt be complete over the last couple days. Im going in early September, so as long as its complete by then. haha

Since Orlando Informer took 4 tweets to take a swipe at the idea that it was supposed to be open tomorrow I thought I might provide a little more info. The opening team for this ride has been in place for the past two weeks as they were supposed to be doing cycling last week and soft opens this week.

^^^^ With the weather lately I don't blame Uni for not completing this on time. I mean the amount of rain we have gotten is pretty crazy. We have already had to drain water out of our pool twice. Once we went too low and by the next evening it was at the perfect level. So in one day we got over an inch of rain in my pool. That topped with other issues that they seemed to have run in, it is understandable. But you can totally tell they were trying to get it done by tomorrow. My guess like others is that July 4th weekend is the next target date.

Since Orlando Informer took 4 tweets to take a swipe at the idea that it was supposed to be open tomorrow I thought I might provide a little more info. The opening team for this ride has been in place for the past two weeks as they were supposed to be doing cycling last week and soft opens this week.

I saw he also tweeted about not being invited to the media event today also

I saw he also tweeted about not being invited to the media event today also

Yea, I saw that too. A few posts after he finished talking about how he doesn't think Universal has it's act together, because he keeps asking front of the line team members about tomorrow and no on will tell him anything.

So insult them by saying they don't have their act together, and harass front of the line team members.... wonder why he didn't get invited?