Springfield Expansion | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I NEED more info on this. I can't wait for Universal's official announcement. That'll be when it's in soft openings.

I say again, all I can say is this is going to be amazing :thumbs: Oh and the Simpsons ride and carnival games will remain open.

A lot of guesses seem to be about 'Krustyland' rides. But I'm wondering could this be an Itchy and Scratchy attraction? Like one of the rides out of the episode where the family visit Itchy and Scratchy Land. I remember there was an uber 'dangerous' log ride featured in that episode. And that would make sense right next to the lagoon.

I know you can't say, but I'm really intrigued

Also, thanks for all the pics, Bobwadd

It should be a kiddie ride either way, so most adults won't be too excited about the small attraction they add here, the only thing I'm wondering is with all of that waterfront being taken up by this, is if they will add something for Cinespec? Like bleachers or some sort of viewing area for it...I mentioned this a page back but no one seems to share my concern...

Construction walls galore!

I wonder when they will try to open up this stuff? I mean if its mainly facade work for IFF and a new flat ride, those are usually prebuilt by companies and then just themed, could this possibly be open sometime next year too? :stunned:

Oh silly me.. Including the ones below?

@attractions: RT @ThemePark: Say goodbye to Int'l Film Festival dining at Universal Studios. Closed today and walls going up: http://t.co/uNz7crQW

The only new walls (as of today) is the right side area of IFFF. The ones that line the waterfront and the right side of the Simpsons queue were there over the weekend according to Bobwadd's pics on the last page.

@ThemePark's photo...

Say goodbye to the Int'l Film Festival dining area at Universal Studios Florida.

iurdM1NKv5luT.jpg

@OrlandoInformer's view from the opposite side...

Food & Film is certainly closed and gone from the @UniversalORL in-park map. Oddly, no walls in front of the entrance

ihrYgg9XanHR1.jpg

Yup! :lol: Closed last Thursday (or Friday). Gotta follow our Twitter. :thumbs:

Oh don't worry I have been following your twitter account for a long time apparently I just missed it because I was at Disney World
(I live is Missouri)

New engineering permit:

Remodel of building 72, new construction of buildings 72A, 72B, 72C 73F and corresponding area development work

Edit: I thought it was more descriptive, but apparently the original says the same thing now (or always did?)

Last edited: