Springfield Expansion | Page 280 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Gotcha...is the "Welcome to Springfield" sign up yet? Are the double yellow lines painted on the street yet? I wonder what else noticeable still needs to be installed

Nope. No sign, no lines, no water from the fire hydrant (though it was testing today). HTF also mentioned a few secret, hidden features and I will assume that if they weren't cut, that they aren't installed yet.

The good news is that they are listening to the guests, and perhaps (likely) reading website reviews and forums.

In that means, can they take a word from my senior year history teacher and "pick a pew" when it comes to realistic vs cartoon aesthetic. It's what kinda puts me off right now, realistic aspects surrounded by plastic cartoon aspects. Doesn't work IMHO.

Its so awesome how Universal could have done anythinggg with this area and said "at least its an improvement over what was there before"...but they really went above and beyond on something thats not even super marketable, and made it the best themed area in the park (so far) just because! Universals ambition is so exciting.

In that means, can they take a word from my senior year history teacher and "pick a pew" when it comes to realistic vs cartoon aesthetic. It's what kinda puts me off right now, realistic aspects surrounded by plastic cartoon aspects. Doesn't work IMHO.

I first noticed that with the Barney they put in Moe's. It bothers me looking at the pictures, but I feel like it's probably better in person. Worst offender is Duff Man it seems. It works with something like the 7 Duffs, but definitely feels a bit wonky otherwise.

Ugghhh can't believe the walls went down on the last day I was down there on vacation, I visited three times in the last two weeks! :'( Guess I have to wait until next year.

I'm still amazed not only by how much they improved such a dull area of the park, but how fast they did it as well. It's sure to be a huge hit with both tourist and the regulars.
Only thing I wish is that they make the loop on the tv in moe's longer, I felt bad for the bartender, especially when he started quoting it word by word after I asked if that gets annoying after a while.

Great photos everyone!
Next year you'll have Diagon Alley too. Universal just gets better & better...NB?

I really like Milhouse and Chief Wiggum.

Yeah they look really neat. So we got: Barney, Milhouse, Chief Wiggum, and Duff Man. Not a bad choice of characters. Other main ones could be Apu, Moe, Flanders, Ralph, Willie, Mr. Burns, Principal Skinner, Nelson and Comic Book Guy. I think characters like the actual Simpsons, Krusty, and Sideshow Bob are represented as walking around characters. I feel like I'm forgetting a major one or two lol Oh and I wouldn't mind seeing otto in a bus lol

Took tons of pictures at Springfield today, but I think this one sums it all up.

yx4yyK9.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Felipe
Thanks for the updates. Once the area is complete, I would like to see a video walk through that shows the whole expansion( not just the newest areas). I wanted to see how the new restraunt fronts look from further away and how they fit in.

Last edited:
Maybe I'll be around Jebediah tomorrow between 11-12pm...

Unfortunately I have to postpone my Springfield visit till next weekend :down: Last minute trip to Miami this weekend. Hopefully by next weekend the finishing touches will be in place, and K&K will be all ready to go :krusty:

Incase nobody knew this already I heard this from Screamscape. Speculation: I’m guessing the choice to let Kodos do all the talking may stem from the fact that Kodos is voiced by Dan Castellaneta and Kang is voiced by Harry Shearer. If you go back to the story behind the creation of The Simpsons ride, it has been said many times that Harry Shearer opted to not work with Universal on the project, while all the other voice talent joined on. As a result all of the characters that Harry Shearer voices either are not present in the attraction, or remain silent. In addition to Kang that long list includes: Mr. Burns, Smithers, Ned Flanders, Reverend Lovejoy, Kent Brockman, Dr. Hibbert, Lenny, Principal Skinner, as well as Otto.

Incase nobody knew this already I heard this from Screamscape. Speculation: I’m guessing the choice to let Kodos do all the talking may stem from the fact that Kodos is voiced by Dan Castellaneta and Kang is voiced by Harry Shearer. If you go back to the story behind the creation of The Simpsons ride, it has been said many times that Harry Shearer opted to not work with Universal on the project, while all the other voice talent joined on. As a result all of the characters that Harry Shearer voices either are not present in the attraction, or remain silent. In addition to Kang that long list includes: Mr. Burns, Smithers, Ned Flanders, Reverend Lovejoy, Kent Brockman, Dr. Hibbert, Lenny, Principal Skinner, as well as Otto.

That makes a lot of sense. Nice bit of trivia :thumbs: