Springfield Expansion | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
First off, I think a big hats off to Hate is in order for the awesome updates yesterday.

I think the Spinner is a great addition. Yes, it's not a thrill ride, but not every addition needs to be. It's to supplement an already existing area of the park, and they are already adding 2 E-tickets on each side of the lagoon.

Thank you kindly! Can't specify to everyone the exact style of the spinner but it will be a very nice little addition.

I think the Spinner is a great addition. Yes, it's not a thrill ride, but not every addition needs to be. It's to supplement an already existing area of the park, and they are already adding 2 E-tickets on each side of the lagoon.

Agreed. My qualm with it is the theme so far, but I don't know enough to be all that worried.

I ate at Ritcher's last year in October and it sucked!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, just a question, but if Springfield is popular enough, does anyone think MIB could become a Simpsons dark ride? :shrug:

I could see Animal Actors getting demoed for a new simpsons attraction..but MIB..no..

Honestly I love what Uni is doing with the guest experience at there parks..making shopping and dining an attraction in itself almost..

Last edited:
This news is fantastic. Universal has it so right. Simpsons is such a huge world with some much backstory over 20 successful seasons and a lot of fans all over the world. I'm glad we're finally going to see some of the details we would have seen had the land been built in IOA, but probably perfected as Universal's eye for theming has gotten even better today. People don't just want to ride The Simpsons Ride, they want to visit Springfield and all that comes with it. This will be huge for Simpsons fans.

This news is fantastic. Universal has it so right. Simpsons is such a huge world with some much backstory over 20 successful seasons and a lot of fans all over the world. I'm glad we're finally going to see some of the details we would have seen had the land been built in IOA, but probably perfected as Universal's eye for theming has gotten even better today. People don't just want to ride The Simpsons Ride, they want to visit Springfield and all that comes with it. This will be huge for Simpsons fans.

I wonder if they will paint all the concrete to really make the whole Springfield section colorful (kind of like how Suess Landing is...not to make it too kiddie-like, but just heavily themed and colorful to match the Simpsons tv show). Either way, this is huge news and will really improve and update the park overall!

Universal has a way of converting non-fans into fans. This has happened to me and a few of my friends with Harry Potter, and the Simpsons. I'm upset I lost "Dueling Dragons" to the boy on a broom, but the area is fun and the movies are awesome!

With simpsons I never really payed attention to them or anything (More of A Family Guy Person. (Family Guy Section Would Be Pretty Cool Lol) but once they landed at Universal it was one of my favorite sections. This project will only add!

I'm guessing Florida Beer Company will make Duff as well.

I just hope "Duff Gardens" gives us some actual gardens. Would be nice to get a Paradise Park-like waterfront over there.

I agree. Would be nice to have some more green space in the Studios that isn't just walk-through or a smoking area, but a nice green space to hang out, have a drink, and also watch Uni Cinespec at night :thumbs:

First off, I think a big hats off to Hate is in order for the awesome updates yesterday.

For sure! And having more ride diversity will definitely keep widening the appeal, bring in more people/money, and Uni will keep investing and improving :thumbs:

I wish this creativity and ambition was present before they demo'd BTTF--can you imagine Hill Valley instead of World Expo? Complete with the diner and such...oh well, Springfield still looks to be a nice new addition.

HTF, will there be special non-alcoholic drinks (Butterbeer)?

There's already the energy drinks that come in Duff cans, if that counts :p I can't remember anything like a Butterbeer from Simpsons, but maybe they'll do something like slushies with a funny Simpson-y name, kind of like Moose Juice - Goose Juice at Seuss Landing. :shrug:

There's already the energy drinks that come in Duff cans, if that counts :p I can't remember anything like a Butterbeer from Simpsons, but maybe they'll do something like slushies with a funny Simpson-y name, kind of like Moose Juice - Goose Juice at Seuss Landing. :shrug:

Flaming Moe's/Flaming Homer
Duff Beer (A real beer this time)
Buzz Cola (A real cola this time)
Squishees (Which they already have, but can expand upon)

Flaming Moe's/Flaming Homer
Duff Beer (A real beer this time)
Buzz Cola (A real cola this time)
Squishees (Which they already have, but can expand upon)

So they're really going to do the Flaming Moe/Homer? Gonna be interesting to see how they pull that one off.

Also, gonna be interesting to see how Coke responds to have a Cola in there.

They better have the Krusty Burglar there when they open Krusty Burger: [video=youtube_share;mAUY1J8KizU]http://youtu.be/mAUY1J8KizU[/video]

So they're really going to do the Flaming Moe/Homer? Gonna be interesting to see how they pull that one off.

Also, gonna be interesting to see how Coke responds to have a Cola in there.

I have no idea if they will or not. We didn't get that informed. :lol: But it would be silly not to capitalize on it, especially when one of the driving factors for this expansion was the possibilities of merchandise.

I agree. Would be nice to have some more green space in the Studios that isn't just walk-through or a smoking area, but a nice green space to hang out, have a drink, and also watch Uni Cinespec at night :thumbs:

Something I noticed during my summer trips this year was the fact that the studios has zero shade spots with the exception of a few areas..we need more trees, and to help with the aesthetics of the park.

Reactions: Felipe