Springfield Expansion | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wish they would do something, anything, with the lighting behind the glass blocks on the sides of the show building. It looks too.. 90s (wonder why..). I would love to see that neon lighting switched out for some vibrant LED strip lights while they're upgrading everything else in that area.

^The lighting behind the glass blocks is not what makes the building look old, but rather the glass blocks themselves. IMO.

Looking on Google Maps, the eyeball test is telling me that One Fish Two Fish (just the physical ride space, no queue) would take up pretty much the entire circular area in front of the Simpsons entrance, so they have to expand the waterfront in some way unless this is going to be physically smaller than that to accommodate the ride plus line space, plus some walkway on the waterfront side unless they're "cutting" the waterfront area with the ride.

I don't think they're going to use that plot. I think they're going to use the plot across from IFFF and then have the que where the hot dog stand currently is.

I know, but that just gave it an easy size comparison, which is why I mentioned the possibility of "cutting" the waterfront area at the end, because that's the spot I was thinking of. Putting it there you still squeeze that path section pretty tight and cut that waterfront area in half unless you expand the waterfront out a bit (possibly with a boardwalk style addition).

^The lighting behind the glass blocks is not what makes the building look old, but rather the glass blocks themselves. IMO.

I agree.

Looking on Google Maps, the eyeball test is telling me that One Fish Two Fish (just the physical ride space, no queue) would take up pretty much the entire circular area in front of the Simpsons entrance, so they have to expand the waterfront in some way unless this is going to be physically smaller than that to accommodate the ride plus line space, plus some walkway on the waterfront side unless they're "cutting" the waterfront area with the ride.

If it were up to me, I'd put the spinner here:

SimpsonsSpinner.jpg

I think it'll ruin that Photo Spot though. Well at least make it harder to get a decent photo with the Graffiti

This is exactly part of what made me realize this extension would do so well. I see people taking pictures there all the time, when really it's just remnants of the construction walls. :lol: The new additions will definitely provide for better photo ops.

I totally agree! The glass blocks dont help whatsoever. But I'm currently going to school for lighting design and I've seen some pretty magical things come out of a few LEDs linked up, I could only imagine what it would do for those glass blocks, because I don't think they'll be replacing them with anything anytime soon.

I think this is more likely. They don't want to block the entrance to the main attraction. Of course, only HTF knows.

I do but to say exactly would create a little to much heat, but I will say that's not quite it :thumbs:

This is exactly part of what made me realize this extension would do so well. I see people taking pictures there all the time, when really it's just remnants of the construction walls. :lol: The new additions will definitely provide for better photo ops.
So true. That particular photo OP was an attraction within itself.

Glad this area is getting some much needed attention, and as for the glass blocks I still see "The Institute" when I look at the ride building..they did a decent job I guess with the re-theme and new guests would never know..but I still see the BTTF ride past all of the add-ons they created to make it something different. I know they saved a ton of money by re-purposing this building but IMO the glass should have went away..

Well this is when they didn't have much money to spend on their parks, so they really didn't have enough money to fix it and right now its no where near the most important thing.