Springfield | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
does anyone know what type of beer duff beer really is?  or who makes them ?
Duff Beer comes in three forms: Duff, Duff Lite, and Duff Dry. Regular Duff has been described as the equivalent to Yuengling, Duff Lite the equivalent to Miller Lite, and Duff Dry to Guinness. All three, as well as the different brews found in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade, are brewed exclusively for Universal by the Florida Brewing Company.

On another note, I'm pretty sure those new stands aren't carnival games. Florida has a couple of kiosks in their Krustyland area that have the same design, and they simply sell merchandise. Given their smaller size, these might be used to hold prizes for the small high striker games next to the "Dunk or Flunk" game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that looked like either a balloon dart throwing board or something that might display prizes.

As for who will brew our Duff beer, I think it will be a local California or Los Angeles company, there's a few local breweries.

Lots more signage going up and stripes on the taco truck.  Lots of workers everywhere, too.

Springfield_031815_1.jpg

Springfield_031815_2.jpg

Springfield_031815_3.jpg
Springfield_031815_4.jpg

Pardon me for my language, but there's no other way to put it: they are hauling ass at light speed!!!

I'm stunned as to how fast it's all coming together, and how gorgeous and detailed it's looking!

But I'll play a broken record...this makes the Simpsons Ride facade and its Omnimax domes look even worse..,

Can you imagine if they spent the same amount of time, detail, and money that they did on the Springfield facades but on the ride facade as well?

Reactions: 12th Man and Aaron
Got an exciting rumor in today: The Nuclear Power Plant will be controllable for guests. Don't take my word for it, but you'll be able to work at Homer's Station. Also hearing smoke will indeed come out of the cooling towers.

Got an exciting rumor in today: The Nuclear Power Plant will be controllable for guests. Don't take my word for it, but you'll be able to work at Homer's Station. Also hearing smoke will indeed come out of the cooling towers.
Interesting. The Springfield Nuclear Power Plant façade (and Herman's) have a lock on the doors which signify they are only for TM access. This would be a pretty neat extra though.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can very clearly see the bar setup in that comparison photo. I wonder what that blue entrance foyer on the left is for.
From what I hear it's the "factory" entrance, since there will be that sort of element in this.

As for the SNPP control panel rumor, that'd be insane if true. I'm imaging the second floor is probably half-dining, half photo ops/interactive elements.

Either way this is an absolute win for USH. I'm glad that they finally, for once, really made Florida fans jealous!

Pardon me for my language, but there's no other way to put it: they are hauling ass at light speed!!!

I'm stunned as to how fast it's all coming together, and how gorgeous and detailed it's looking!

But I'll play a broken record...this makes the Simpsons Ride facade and its Omnimax domes look even worse..,

Can you imagine if they spent the same amount of time, detail, and money that they did on the Springfield facades but on the ride facade as well?
I so agree. It's amazing they put in the time and work for these facades, but the showroom buildings don't receive the same attention. It doesn't make sense.

Yeah, doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Like, I love the work they're putting into the eateries, but let's be honest, the #1 reason guests come to a theme park is the attractions. Yes, the restaurants can be an attraction in and of itself, like in Cars Land or Wizarding World, but the MAIN attraction SHOULD be the, well, attraction. Because you're immersed in this fantastic new world of Springfield with realistic details, and then BOOM: you come to the ride, with the two massive Omnimax domes, and the rather plain queue that still looks like the Institute of Future Technology, and cardboard cut ours and Standard Definition LCDs. It's just gonna be an extremely stark contrast compared to the phenomenal Springfield. I hope they eventually upgrade and update the ride film as well as the exterior and queue, especially if they plan to keep the ride for a long time. It's aged horribly.

Oh absolutely, the repainted swirls and shapes really brighten up the area, and yes, the carnival games really fit in and are great. But holy moly, the rest of the ride looks blehhh at best unfortunately. Especially now compared to the gorgeous Springfield. Like, if I'm not mistaken,

it quite literally took them more time to build Springfield than to switch from BTTF to Simpsons....