Springfield | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I read somewhere on Twitter that they might have a soft opening tomorrow? Although I'm completely unsure, i just feel like this couldnt be true... Even though they have been working so fast and the land is pretty much there, it just doesn't seem fully ready yet.. hmmmm we will see..

I read somewhere on Twitter that they might have a soft opening tomorrow? Although I'm completely unsure, i just feel like this couldnt be true... Even though they have been working so fast and the land is pretty much there, it just doesn't seem fully ready yet.. hmmmm we will see..
When I was there Wednesday there were tons of trainees everywhere.  Plus, lots of uniformed crew people were going in and out of Stu's Records with food.  If the kitchens are set up and running and if there are new crew people to train, it makes sense to start throwing some customers in there for trainees to practice on.  I can imagine them opening up certain restaurants during specific training periods. 

But also, accroding to my most previous knowledge, there is still some work to be done to the facades.. mainly with the installment of characters such as Sideshow Bob and others that were featured in the concept art.. there is also some minor work which includes stickers on the smokestacks and also finishing that mansion mural that had to come down.. would they dare open  the food itinerares without a complete facade? hmmmm..... we will find out soon!! :)

I'm still not sure I believe that rumor. While progress is going at an insane pace, there are still elements of the main Springfield façade that are still missing. Would they really want guests walking into Moe's when there's a bare steel structure sitting right above it? Doesn't make sense to me. Next weekend maybe, but I don't know about tomorrow.

I'm still not sure I believe that rumor. While progress is going at an insane pace, there are still elements of the main Springfield façade that are still missing. Would they really want guests walking into Moe's when there's a bare steel structure sitting right above it? Doesn't make sense to me. Next weekend maybe, but I don't know about tomorrow.
100% agree with William

From what people with reputable sources are saying, next Saturday (28th) is when Springfield will begin softs. Like William mentioned, there is still some finishing touches that need to be done. I think Universal can wait a few more days...

Reactions: raffman and William
Ryanc got ahold of a Pass holder renew piece in the mail and it said to renew before the 28th..Lets watch sunday though as anything can possibly happen there. I just don't see it for Friday or Saturday unless it goes up quick like the Duff brewery sign.

Ryanc got ahold of a Pass holder renew piece in the mail and it said to renew before the 28th..Lets watch sunday though as anything can possibly happen there. I just don't see it for Friday or Saturday unless it goes up quick like the Duff brewery sign.
It says to renew before the 27th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mratigan
Did the Foodcourt in Florida's Springfield soft open the day the construction walls came down?

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be at the park tomorrow I am praying for a soft opening but it wont happen...  :)

Also it could be saturday or sunday or monday etc. I think soft opening they try to keep secret. Also I heard some great things about what Springfield will have! I am still shocked it is not announced yet and they are so close to opening!

Well, I think I take back what I said. The last piece of the mural is up, and the awning for Luigi's is in place:

16869056975_d0ff873227.jpg

16682934299_8394ed636a.jpg

(photos from Instagram user "slammingdabs")

My inside sources say the 28th/29th as well, with any earlier soft openings before then being extremely last second/unpredictable depending on if the managers/PTB decide that they want to do some early tests. I wouldn't be surprised if it opens a tad earlier than that, but I personally will hold off visiting the park until that weekend to see Springfield.

This is updated info on my part from earlier today.

Reactions: Aaron and William
My inside sources say the 28th/29th as well, with any earlier soft openings before then being extremely last second/unpredictable depending on if the managers/PTB decide that they want to do some early tests. I wouldn't be surprised if it opens a tad earlier than that, but I personally will hold off visiting the park until that weekend to see Springfield.

This is updated info on my part from earlier today.

I guess we will see how it plays out tomorrow, if the walls are down and management decides to soft open later in the day, it'll be great! [HASHTAG]#SpringfieldWatch[/HASHTAG] anyone?  ;) lol