Springfield | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Walls coming down Mar27. Yesterday (Thu) we were leaving the park and saw the part of the wall by Special Effects open. Still a lot of work to be done. Pulled out my camera and two guys dragged the wall shut.

I can see the walls coming down in the next few days or so, but I don't think they'll open up the restaurants until next week, at least not all of them at once. Although it'd be a nice surprise. I wonder how finished the interiors are.

As long as there is still scaffolding, walls will not be coming down. As of this morning, the scaffolding is still up near the Springfield sign/mansion.

Reactions: William
I had a great chat with one of the "internal sources" of Springfield. He said for sure it will be open next weekend. Many employees were zooming in and out of Krustys Burger I even got to see the food! When I asked him what unique features we will have compared with Orlando, he actually confirmed that we are getting the steam from the Nuclear Plant when guests push the buttons and warning lights he actually saw them testing it. Guests can also spy on Homers work station at the power plant. We will also see Sideshow Bob escaping the prison thru a window apparently. Patty and Selma will be working the counter the counter thru a window. 

Lots of other things, that Universal Creative has done that is so amazing. 

Well that confirms my rumor! This is amazing to hear. I will definitely be there next weekend to check out Springfield. I'm also hearing Krustylu Studios will be an interactive experience. 

Reactions: Aaron
It's great to see so much progress! I just had surgery on my stomach so I will not be able to enjoy the spoils of Springfield for a few months. :(
You will see many photos and reviews of the area on these forums as well as the InsideUniversal site, I can assure you! Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Well that confirms my rumor! This is amazing to hear. I will definitely be there next weekend to check out Springfield. I'm also hearing Krustylu Studios will be an interactive experience. 
How would this work if it's one of the background façades?

I had a great chat with one of the "internal sources" of Springfield. He said for sure it will be open next weekend. Many employees were zooming in and out of Krustys Burger I even got to see the food! When I asked him what unique features we will have compared with Orlando, he actually confirmed that we are getting the steam from the Nuclear Plant when guests push the buttons and warning lights he actually saw them testing it. Guests can also spy on Homers work station at the power plant. We will also see Sideshow Bob escaping the prison thru a window apparently. Patty and Selma will be working the counter the counter thru a window.

Lots of other things, that Universal Creative has done that is so amazing.
Most of that has already been reiterated by insiders previously or been confirmed before :)

It's very exciting the amount of detail we're getting. I can't wait for any interactive elements.

Well, not interactive, but any physical elements like the rumored smoke.

How would this work if it's one of the background façades?
I'm hearing it will be inside the actual seating area on the second level to the far right. It will be a room showcasing Krusty's history, etc. 

As for the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant, I'm hearing it will be interactive from the inside, not out. The rumored smoke is actually going to be controlled by guests if what I'm hearing is true.

Hard to see in this photo but the right side of the Aztec neon is working now.  Whew.  Plus, the corrugated metal roof on the left of Cletus Chicken Shack is painted a rust color.

Springfield_032015_1.jpg

Stu's doors are getting painted.  This is just one example of the many little things that have to get done this week.

Springfield_032015_2.jpg

Duff's courtyard looks rather cleaned up and less like a construction site.  I think they're down to the smaller stuff now.

Springfield_032015_3.jpg

Interestingly, there's still a patch of pavement that hasn't been painted.  The recently painted areas, though better than before, are already looking worn.  Maybe it starts out clean in the morning but you wouldn't know it later in the day. 

Springfield_032015_4.jpg

Shot of complete mural in background.  In the foreground notice the trees to left side and rear of taco truck.

Springfield_032015_5.jpg

Looks to me like mostly smaller stuff left to do.  One week ought to do it (enough for softs).

Springfield_032015_6.jpg

My assumption is that ice cream parlor will be walk-up like Ben & Jerry's was.  Correct?  Also, Luigi's will be cafeteria line like Louie's was, right?  I imagine that's a significant reason much of the work on this side went quickly, those portions are just cosmetic remodels that use existing kitchen, utilities, etc.  Duff's is new from ground up, though.  Also, where do you think people on this side will sit and eat?  There was way more seating when it was Hollywood Cantina, Louie's, Flintstones, Cinnabon and Doc Brown's Chicken.