Springfield | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, so, so impressive. The depth of the completed mural really looks great.

What really baffles me is the layout of Luigi's and Duff Brewery. Back when Louie's was around, guests would enter where the Luigi's awning currently is and exit somewhere near where the blue SES awning stands. Maybe guests simply enter Luigi's, grab their food from the old counter service system that's still standing, and exit from the backside of Duff Brewery as they're rerouted to the little courtyard/hub again? I'd imagine there'll be some seating out there (aside from Duff's bar seating).

There is still a slight chance that Springfield will have walls down today. I have heard it is going to be very busy today and tomorrow. Fingers crossed :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You will see many photos and reviews of the area on these forums as well as the InsideUniversal site, I can assure you! Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Sorry to hear that. I hope you get well soon!
Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm hoping to be recovered well enough to be there next weekend with my camera. But I won't be able to eat solid food until May. So it'll be a good long while until I can have a Krusty Burger or some Chicken and Waffles haha. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm hoping to be recovered well enough to be there next weekend with my camera. But I won't be able to eat solid food until May. So it'll be a good long while until I can have a Krusty Burger or some Chicken and Waffles haha. 
It's a good thing there'll be plenty of fun drinks and other things to try..!

16883990342_f76df8b88a_z.jpg

Phineas Q. Butterfat's Ice Cream Parlor seems to be complete (photo from IU's Twitter).

I thought Kudos and kados was going to replace it& wow ! can't believe I'll be buying a chicken waffle and krusty burger and possibly tacos,icecream,and pizza

I bet it's all opening next week though :)

Oops kodos and kong*

I have zero insider knowledge regarding SES. If Universal sticks to their Evolution Plan, they'll eventually demolish the Castle Theatre in favor of a new attraction. We have yet to see any signs of this, though.
I would imagine that if they were to remove SES, we would also see the removal of Animal Actors as well to free up more space. Since they're are the only 2 usable theater spaces right now. Development of a new theater (either in the lower lot, or Globe Theater location) would have to take place prior. That would be my guess.

I'd personally like to see SES & Animal Actors demolished at the same time and the combined footprint to be used for a brand new family attraction. They could eventually turn Shrek into a fancy Art Deco theatre flex space as I've suggested before.

And wow....the Phineas and Luigi facades look incredible. They've literally created a little city. The immersion effect of being in Springfield will be light years ahead of Florida! I can't wait to see it at night!

They aren't that bad. My only gripe with them was that the "cheese" they used was just nacho cheese sauce, and not real slices of cheese. Not as high-quality, and it made quite a mess. The burgers are also a little small, but you can get a generous size of curly fries on the side.

Hmm I feel like I would like the nacho cheese addition to the burger just because I've never tasted it before and it sounds different... But one thing I don't understand is the craze for the chicken and waffle sandwiches.... The waffles look like the cardboard frozen eggo waffles you eat when there's nothing else in the freezer.. But then again... Never had it before

They aren't that bad. My only gripe with them was that the "cheese" they used was just nacho cheese sauce, and not real slices of cheese. Not as high-quality, and it made quite a mess. The burgers are also a little small, but you can get a generous size of curly fries on the side.
That....hmmmm....yeah, ok, I hope they'd have other options if I ask....I mean I'll give it a shot, but that.....yeahhhh. haha. We'll see. Very interesting.

As for chicken and waffle, I can't wait! I love salty and savory. Is it like a full chicken breast?

In the end it's not real cheese, so I guess it comes down to a personal taste.

For quite awhile, the chicken and waffle sandwich was made with Eggo waffles. I had heard several times that they were supposed to get their own waffle makers in the kitchen, but I'm not sure if that ever happened. The sandwich also has a weird mayonnaise/maple syrup sauce in it, which is definitely an acquired taste. I wasn't a huge fan of it, but it wasn't terrible.

Yeah, I'd love me a slice of pepper jack, white cheddar, or some other nice sharp cheese :) I loved that they were using a LOT of Asiago cheese on Gru's meatball sandwich, but now they cut back to practically nothing last few times I checked.

I'm excited to try to chicken and waffle sandwich just cuz I love chicken and it's rather "different".

For Cleetus' Chicken Shack, is it just similar chicken meals like they had in Doc's?

I think they have a baked chicken sandwich, the chicken and waffle sandwich and a 3 piece plate with corn and mashed.

Do you think they'll serve the Flaming Moes? I'm leaning towards no.  I'm looking forward to trying "The Clogger".