Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not just to Disney, but you also have to count SeaWorld in that, due to they were the first ones to do Trackless dark rides stateside. It will look even worse for Antarctica than it did before.

Well Florida fans are really fuming at us West Coaster right now. Just read on Orlando Informer that it looks like SLoP will be Hollywood exclusive.
Oh boohoo.....poor them, with their two massive Universal theme parks with a boatload of exclusive rides, attractions, and amenities. I hope they'll be able to survive through this tough time.....lmfao.

Let's be real though...it'll be an exclusive temporarily. I'm sure eventually Orlando will find a place to squeeze in SLoP.

Plus, they're probably getting Nintendo first.

I just want to say that Splash Mountain is inspired from the movie "the song of the south" and well Splash Mountain shows that a ride can be much better then the source material. ( the movie is offensive due to slavery ) so even if the movie is not good I feel the ride has a good chance of success.

I feel it will really be a hit if they don't use screens at all or at a VERY minimum.

And like others have said everyone loves pets unless you had a bad experience so...fingers crossed!

And as to USH having exclusivity, our passes cost more...... can't wait till they add "SLOP" to the pass benefits next to Potter.... 

Reactions: Aaron
well lets say construction starts in the spring, (digging and all that stuff)  They formerly announce the ride in the summer  being that the movie is a hit. so just maybe spring 2017 

SLoP will be coming to Universal Orlando... just not when we get it. Let's just say its placement next to TF is quite fitting and symbolic.  ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Alexshow.
I think SLOP will actually be a Hollywood exclusive :) I mean Orlando should be happy that they have more attractions than ours and will be getting 2 new rides on 2017 with a water park .

I'll go with Brover on TSLoP not coming to Orlando right when Hollywood opens its version, but about later in the year of 2017, due to that USH needs to get something big for the Lower Lot started, and what better way on doing that than redoing the Panda Express area to accommodate people going to TSLoP.

I'll go with Brover on TSLoP not coming to Orlando right when Hollywood opens its version, but about later in the year of 2017, due to that USH needs to get something big for the Lower Lot started, and what better way on doing that than redoing the Panda Express area to accommodate people going to TSLoP.
I believe that if Orlando does built a 3rd gate it will be going there . But I just hope that lower lot can expend with more attractions because the park needs it :)

I believe that if Orlando does built a 3rd gate it will be going there . But I just hope that lower lot can expend with more attractions because the park needs it :)
Heres the thing, the location that's rumored for IOA would replace a huge dead space that wasn't going to be even used for Marvel. And to top that, Toon Lagoon as it stands now, is flooded (Pun intended) with water-based attractions, with no dry attractions. And to also say, this has been confirmed by many other insiders from other forums that this will come to Orlando, even if Hollywood gets it first.

My point is, sure, Hollywood will get it first due to some..bigger reasons, but Orlando will get it before the Third Gate arises in Orlando.

From how things sound, TSLoP will open in 2018 in IOA with Nintendo in 2019. Pets will counter Toy Story at DHS, and Nintendo will counter Star Wars. 2020 is the 30th anniversary of USF, and you know WDW will already be gearing things up for their 50th.

It's uh, going to be interesting.

Although that's getting relatively off-topic. For now, Pets seems like the successor to Wizarding World and we'll have exclusivity for a short while. That's why the TL amphitheater still stands: it's a year-and-a-half build. No reason to get the wrecking balls out yet: they have enough construction as it is.