Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I love that New York idea.. It really would tie these loose themes together. And it would offer some pretty sick decorations for HHN's and Grinchmas's down the line.

For those keeping track at OU and here for TSLoP,

~Stage 28 to be the location for our version

~Two Floors, one for the line and the other for the ride itself

~Ride Length in scenes is 9 scenes total and the ride-length will clock in at five minutes

~VERY similar to Poohs Hunny Hunt in Tokyo

and as already said, Animatronics are a plenty for this ride.

Seems like it's a recipe for success if you ask me.

I think what still throws me off the most about this new ride is the fact that it is amongst scary dinos, scary mummies, and giant fighting robots... cute fluffy animals is just NOT what I think of when I think of when it comes to the Lower Lot :lol:

While this ride sounds somewhat promising, I still feel like they should be giving us a classic monster (phantom heavy) based ride instead to fill the HoH void and respect the location/legacy... -shrugs- ..but that is just me.

^ I thought the location was weird too, especially considering the types of rides around it, but I guess that's exactly the point. It's to fill the void of no real family attractions on the lower lot. I definitely agree though, I wish we were getting a classic Universal Monsters ride.

As for SLOP, I'm still taking this as a rumor (everyone on here is acting like it's a set thing because of rumors in Orlando haha! I hope it's real and I know the Orlando insiders have a good track record but until I hear more word from our side of the country and ourt insiders, I'm gonna be slightly hesitant) and still reserving my judgment until I see the actual movie, but it seems super cute from the trailers!

As for it being rumored to be like Pooh's Hunny Hunt and Antarctica, that'll be a nice F-U to Disney, since DCA's new Luigi Cars ride will be the only Disney example stateside featuring this tech.

Yea, I was just talking to the one guy I know & he said he heard about it too.... but eh.. after watching the trailer for the movie again, a few things still made me laugh, but for the most part I get this sinking feeling this movie is going to be incredibly stupid & not in a good way. I was trying to imagine it as a 9 scene ride & it just wasn't working for me. Maybe once it is announced & we know more it won't seem so underwhelmingly boring... -shrugs- 

And just to add fuel to the fire of Universal not taking advantage of certain things. I am going to just leave this new trailer here... You'll immediately understand what I am getting at with this and why it will most likely be another missed opportunity not taken advantage of...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/GOaS68dEu8w?feature=oembed

Reactions: Alexshow.
I'm not looking forward to it either, but it may be a really good ride if executed well.

Aaaaand it looks like we uh, may be getting this... before IOA.

Reactions: William
I know this movie doesn't look to appealing to some of us but let's wait until it comes out .you never how funny and entertaining it might be. It could be worth having its own attraction and for USH sake I hope it is

Cars isn't one of Pixar's strongest movies, but it makes an awesome ride…and land.

The AVP movies are total crap, yet it made a really awesome house at HHN. 

The trailer doesn't really scream ride potential, but I think we should give it a fair chance before saying that it can't be good. I'm excited for it simply for the premiere of the "Hunny Hunt" tech over here. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: William
I enjoyed Antarctica at SeaWorld for what it was... The trackless tech used for rides doesn't really "wow" me though (yes Disney put it to better use). To me it comes across as another gimmick that is sorta like 3D. Its available, but it isn't really necessary. I don't think we've really seen the trackless ride tech used to its full potential yet and I doubt we will see it happen/anything innovative with this new "PETS" ride either. BUT I know this is a "wait 2 years & see" situation.

As for the movie, I got more amusement out of the new "holiday" trailer than I did the original trailer. Can we just have it holiday themed instead? :p

From OI again,

The ride vehicle will be a 2 row car, heavily themed that will hold three seats in the back and two seats in the front. So combine multiple cars for the scenes and it could even out capacity wise.

And from OI aswell..

The Ride vehicles won't be the only things moving around you, as AA's will also much in the vein of how TDL does it where it has AA's on motion bases that goes around the ride cars at certain times.

Both of those from OI if true..could turn to bring something very interesting.

Reactions: Freak
^ Considering that Tokyo Disneyland's iteration of Pooh opened up in 2000 (almost two decades ago by the time Universal's new attraction opens up), I would hope that's the case.