Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm guessing this would be for the rumored new House of Horrors/Classic Monster attraction/dark ride that Murdy has been secretly working on... because honestly, I can't think of any other project he'd be working on that would cause him to constantly make comments about a "super top secret project he can't say anything about yet" if it wasn't House of Horrors/Universal Monsters related...
Murdy said in a tweet last week that his "secret project" would open next year. If that's the case it must be whatever is going in the back part of the new HOH building. Stage 28 is more than likely the 2017 project.

Reactions: Imdbman and William
Orlando informer is reporting of a new "secret life of pet's" dark ride opening 2017 for Orlando and Hollywood. It also seems to be backed by hate and parkscope.

The question if this is true, could it be for this area?

Secret Life of Pets?

What....huh.....that's....random. I doubt this will go in 28. Maybe part of where the Uni Experience was? AA?

Last edited by a moderator:
I already said my thoughts in the Orlando thread. Insiders are nodding their heads and just going, "Well you can argue about how stupid the overall idea may be but it's happening."

It's very apparent that Universal is hellbent on making Mickey look like a dunce, even if they have to take one of their biggest risk moves ever. If this is true... which seems to be, sheesh...

Secret Life of Pets?

What....huh.....that's....random. I doubt this will go in 28. Maybe part of where the Uni Experience was? AA?
Don't doubt this one. The Universal Horror ride some keep hoping for is not going into the 28 location, if that project happens at all... HTF and Parkscope know their stuff.

Beyond risky...I'm only intrigued because it's apparently a dark ride. And the film DOES look cute. Just odd to see bets on an unknown property.

But they must know what they're talking about. Stranger things have happened. I thought a ride starring Jimmy Fallon about NY was the most ridiculous rumor ever, and boom, it's real now.

I had my initial "WTF?!" reaction while the insiders were balking, and here's what I recommend to the naysayers, this is what I did: just think about it. A nice, big think. (which the insiders no doubt long ago were able to do) Sit down, and stop thinking about why this wont happen, and realize that Disney in particularly has conditioned us to be skeptical at first.

Because Disney would never do this. But Universal isn't Disney, and Universal is thinking so outside the box here that we might as well rethink the way that theme park attractions are developed. Ironically, they're taking advantages of things that Disney actually has but is too dense to really take notice of.

That thing is: it doesn't matter what the ride is about, it matters if it's done well. Splash Mountain exists in three Disney parks, is hugely popular and is also based on a film that Disney wants nothing to do with, starting just around the time Splash opened. But guests don't care because it's a wonderful, fun ride. Guests won't care if SLoP was a flop, because if Creative manages to make a terrific family attraction, that should be enough to justify its existence. It's a win-win.

So Universal is going all in, and is ultimate proof of the current imbalance of USH management and what Comcast demands. UOR and Comcast seem to be more on the right page, for the life of me I can't understand why they can't send those people over to USH.

As long as this "Secret Lives of Pet's" dark ride has a hight requirement lower than 40" and its not in fucking 3D, I think it will be a very welcomed addition to Hollywood.

This park severely lacks anything for children under 40" to do.

Whether or not the film does well, Brover brings up a valid point. It doesn't matter what the film is as long as the ride is good. I think this will be a great addition for the park and a great family attraction to diversfy attractions for the lower and upper lot. The best part? IT WON'T BE ANOTHER FRIGGIN 3D SIMUlATOR! Holla! I'm over the unusual nature of this news and I say bring it! 

So….can I have my Ghostbusters dark ride? Please Universal? 

Secret Life of Pets is apparently replacing Shrek in both Hollywood and FL. This would make sense as the new queue that was just built could be re-purposed to WWoHP standby and it would allow them to reprofile the building so it was no longer visible from Hogsmeade.

It's replacing Shrek? How is that enough room to put in a dark ride? That doesn't seem like enough square footage.

It's replacing Shrek? How is that enough room to put in a dark ride? That doesn't seem like enough square footage.
Dark rides don't require huge footprints. Look at Rodger Rabbit at Disneyland (you could literally fit that ride and full queue inside the Shrek building). Shrek has more than enough room to house a solid C/D ticket attraction.

Well, if you combine it with Cartooniversal and into the former Gibson path space as well as a little bit into the WW backstage, that's a pretty good chunk of space for a dark ride. 

As much as I want it to be Shrek, I really don't think its going there. 28 sound about right. 

Secret Life of Pets is apparently replacing Shrek in both Hollywood and FL. This would make sense as the new queue that was just built could be re-purposed to WWoHP standby and it would allow them to reprofile the building so it was no longer visible from Hogsmeade.
You couldn't be even more wrong for Orlando. Parkscope and other insiders are reporting that it will be located in IOA actually, at the Toon Lagoon ampatheatre.

Hollywood..Shrek 4D is refurbished both externally and internally. Not to mention the new overflow line, its going to stay for the long haul.

You couldn't be even more wrong for Orlando. Parkscope is reporting that it will be located in IOA actually, at the Toon Lagoon ampatheatre. Hollywood..Shrek 4D has refurbished the entire attraction both externally and internally. Thats going to be staying for a long while.
Ok. Thanks for putting it so kindly...

I'm just repeating what I hear on my end and how it makes sense to me. Ughh...

Secret Life of Pets is apparently replacing Shrek in both Hollywood and FL. This would make sense as the new queue that was just built could be re-purposed to WWoHP standby and it would allow them to reprofile the building so it was no longer visible from Hogsmeade.
Sorry, but the info you've received is incorrect. Shrek is not going anywhere for the time being. Pets will not be in the upper lot.