Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've been thinking...if Universal is planning to take out more soundstages in the future, then the lot of Stage 28 will partially house the outdoor queue of Transformers. If they don't do so, then the path to the CSI soundstages will be blocked. Therefore, the Stage 28 replacement won't utilize all the space as we previously thought. 

I don't mean that they should use the whole Stage 28 space for the Transformers queue. I'm just saying that some of the space will have to be used for that. Otherwise there will be no pathway from Transformers to Soundstages 22, 23, 24, and 25(if they are taken out). 

There's always the possibility of razing Panda Express and the NBCUniversal Experience to widen the path and allow an alternate entrance to the new space, leaving the TF extended queue untouched.

There's always the possibility of razing Panda Express and the NBCUniversal Experience to widen the path and allow an alternate entrance to the new space, leaving the TF extended queue untouched.
That's most likely what they'll do and what we've hypothesized before. Universal Experience and Panda Express can easily be on the chopping block to create a new pathway and no one will miss it.

I could also see them moving the Universal Experience upstairs somewhere, whether its in the new Hollywood and Dine site or inside one of the existing store spaces. That would be helpful as well for creating a path. The UE doesn't take up that much space and shouldn't be that hard to move.

There's some great places they can put in a new Universal Experience. Personally I'd like to see it in Hollywood and Dine. The bigger the better. And having it be on the upper lot closer to the entrance thematically makes more sense to me, and would be a great attraction for guests entering or leaving the park. They could even potentially combine the Hollywood Grill footprint with the adjacent "Featured" overflow store and make that Universal Experience, or again, put it in Hollywood And Dine. It deserves a big space.

Reactions: JaySalahi
They'd still have to do some sort of rearrangement. If future theme park space is located to the left of Transformers, they'd need to rework the queue or create some sort of new pathway for guests to access the new area.
Valid point, but I can tell you that until the official replacement is near finished they won't rework the TF queue, and that's probably years from now.

SS28 is gone, and there used to be a small, dark alleyway between the ride and the soundstage. To my best recollection, the extended (aka Woodstock) queues had an option to go down this alleyway, but that never happened. When the line backed up into the fire lane area, that's usually when guests would go, "Oh we're going to be standing out in the sun? Forget it." Ironically that would prevent the line going into an actual shaded area again.

Of course that alleyway is now gone, and we have no idea what this replacement will be. But if it were to go on the side then they would have to rework a lot. Would probably force the attraction for a brief period to go on its first ever refurbishment. (Which is not a bad thing)

Again, years down the road.

Reactions: William
I got told today that that a lower lot supervisor has told employees that studios 22_23_24_25_27 and 33-36 will be closing by the end of the summer...I don't know what to think of this but I guess we saw this coming .

Oh what ever studio houses parenthood

I saw that too on Universal-Updates on Twitter and I asked, regular employees or the real Employees that do stuff like this and, they heard it from the guys that are in-charge of renting the SS's...makes me very curious.