Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

While acknowledging that dressing up really isn't my thing, I would feel kind of silly wearing robes and carrying a fake lightsaber in any situation.
Lol certainly

But giving people the freedom to do so is kind of something that feels missing at SWL

Honestly, Disney is so good at driving brand loyalty that this small element feels like a missed opportunity

Obviously no one really knows, but everything points to this being an all-inclusive "cruise" experience, so I'd assume food included, but not Space Beer and other alcohol. This makes even more sense considering that at least the evening meal is almost certainly a dinner show experience (rumored for the land even before the hotel was announced). Other meals might be similar--you have to have a reason to gather guests in one place to drive the narrative.

So, I've been thinking about this a little more, in the light of a cruise. I don't typically do cruises because they aren't especially my thing. However, people talk about how much they can do on a cruise and how much fun they have. Nice dinners, exercise, a large ship to explore, play areas, theaters, island stops, etc. Cruises do have a lot to offer on a large ship with many amenities. I then look at this project. While doing the cosplay thing with Star Wars will be huge for some people, it doesn't seem to offer that much else, aside from maybe some exclusive time at Galaxy's Edge. It is premature to judge since it isn't even open but I do wonder how much people will actually like it. How will they be able to fill up an entire day or two in such a finite space?

Lol certainly

But giving people the freedom to do so is kind of something that feels missing at SWL

Honestly, Disney is so good at driving brand loyalty that this small element feels like a missed opportunity
Looking up on Google 'male slave Leia'....oh dear...:puke::yuck:
I think it's a bad idea.

So, I've been thinking about this a little more, in the light of a cruise. I don't typically do cruises because they aren't especially my thing. However, people talk about how much they can do on a cruise and how much fun they have. Nice dinners, exercise, a large ship to explore, play areas, theaters, island stops, etc. Cruises do have a lot to offer on a large ship with many amenities. I then look at this project. While doing the cosplay thing with Star Wars will be huge for some people, it doesn't seem to offer that much else, aside from maybe some exclusive time at Galaxy's Edge. It is premature to judge since it isn't even open but I do wonder how much people will actually like it. How will they be able to fill up an entire day or two in such a finite space?

As someone who loves cruises, this is not going to be a cruise experience. It might be loosely based on that model, but I'm pretty sure they aren't going to let me get drunk in my swim trunks by the pool working on my tan. lol

As someone who loves cruises, this is not going to be a cruise experience. It might be loosely based on that model, but I'm pretty sure they aren't going to let me get drunk in my swim trunks by the pool working on my tan. lol

Yeah the cruise analogy is mostly for pricing--you can only go a set amount of days. It's a 2-night experience, can't go just 1 and leave early or stretch it out to 5.

My guess is the experience itself will be more like like an extended version of one of those mystery dinner shows ("Shear Madness," Sleuths) where you watch a short play during dinner, get 30 minutes of free time to interact with and "interrogate" the cast, then the killer is revealed over dessert. So you might have a little bit of free time to explore, they will find a reason to make sure you are in Location X at exactly 6:15 p.m. when Darth Vader boards the ship. Set mealtimes an easy way to do that.

When we were in DHS, folks were wearing robes in GE? I understand then not wanting folks to carry around light sabers as those things are pretty heavy and could easily be used as a weapon. I guess one can wear robes on a cold day? I certainly know my daughter ended up w/ her Harry Potter robe due to being unprepared for the weather on one trip.

It's been a long while since I bothered to post an aerial of this place since we can't see inside. Last time one was posted, it was back in October and it was still all dirt where the trees are now. It's mostly just landscaping that's now in place, but landscaping is usually one of the last things to go into place on a hotel project so I wonder if the inside is more or less ready to go and they are just waiting until it's feasible to open the hotel without COVID guidelines.

I know no one will ever see it but it looks all the world like a county jail to me. Slit windows in concrete walls just says that imo. Not a slam just an observation I don't care how they build it
Oh it definitely looks like a prison :lol:

I guess this is all valet - you'll drive your car up to the entrance and then they'll park it back in the main Studios lot for you?

Until those trees get a lot taller this is going to be the steamed ham of hotels.

GxOoYt6.jpg

I know he can be controversial, but WDWPro been on a roll lately, so figured it's worth bringing up his latest scoop: Lightsaber Experience at the Star Wars Hotel: An Exclusive Reveal

On the one hand, this sounds very cool, and hints on how the hotel might fill up two days with experiences other than a field trip to Galaxy's Edge. On the other hand, this definitely reinforces the idea this is basically a kids' LARPing experience---a 2-day Jedi Training Academy turned up to 11. A dream come true if all your kids are Star Wars fans, but a slog for any non-fan siblings.

I know he can be controversial, but WDWPro been on a roll lately, so figured it's worth bringing up his latest scoop: Lightsaber Experience at the Star Wars Hotel: An Exclusive Reveal

On the one hand, this sounds very cool, and hints on how the hotel might fill up two days with experiences other than a field trip to Galaxy's Edge. On the other hand, this definitely reinforces the idea this is basically a kids' LARPing experience---a 2-day Jedi Training Academy turned up to 11. A dream come true if all your kids are Star Wars fans, but a slog for any non-fan siblings.

If they can pull off what's being described there, it could be pretty stunning, technically.

But it's again purely Sequel-era.

If they can pull off what's being described there, it could be pretty stunning, technically.

But it's again purely Sequel-era.

If it's only the characters, which it sounds like, pretty interchangeable. My friend's daughter was an obscure cartoon villain in JTA for a while ("Sith Sister"? Not it but like that), until Darth Vader came back. Other than the patter from the head Jedi, same show. And deflecting blaster blasts with a lightsabre sounds cool as hell no matter what timeline I'm supposedly in.