Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

Do you think Disney will ever drop the timeline and let characters from all over be around? I think it'd be for the best, and its slightly disappointing to be stuck in the sequel era when you can go one park over and see two Captain Americas, characters who have died, etc. Avengers Campus is lacking in important things (like a major E-ticket), but the frequency of characters really keeps that place alive and I'll always find a way to walk through the land whenever I'm visiting DCA just to see who's out.

GE could easily do the same at this point. Just schedule the different eras at different times (Kylo at 11:30, Vader at 12:30...)! With Book of Boba Fett around the corner they must be punching themselves for not being able to have him wander around. Or even Mando with Grogu!
I imagine at some point, yes. Could be next year or in 5 years, who knows. They already somewhat break the era immersion by selling different era lightsabers and having clone trooper/mandalorian helmets in Dok's Den. Also, don't forget is that it was pretty embarrassing seeing Captain Phasma, Darth Vader, Boba Fett and others in Tomorrowland when Galaxy's edge had already opened in 2019.

The fact that they sell lightsabers breaks the immersion if you want to split hairs.

Storm Troopers were moved back down toward the TIE Echelon interacting with people yesterday. I didn’t see Kylo though.

I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned here, but apparently RoTR here is also doing what Orlando's doing as is only using the virtual queue occasionally.

He looks good, but they have to figure out a way to do this that doesn't involve four employees (including a literal security officer) surrounding Mando at all times and shouting at guests to move back.

He looks good, but they have to figure out a way to do this that doesn't involve four employees (including a literal security officer) surrounding Mando at all times and shouting at guests to move back.
C’mon man, haven’t you seen the show? You don’t remember a security guard and three other CMs surrounding Mando telling all of the stormtroopers to move back during the show? I think it makes it more authentic.

Hmmmm. What are your thoughts on Favedau’s proposed GE ride?

Honestly not excited if it happens. Sounds like another simulator to me. Meh. Would rather see a coaster.

The issue is space, if they can fit a fun coaster in the land great. I'd assume it will be more a dark ride for capacity sake but if they can move more behind the scenes stuff out and give us a coaster like the Mummy but Mando themed, I'd be down

Honestly not excited if it happens. Sounds like another simulator to me. Meh. Would rather see a coaster.
I'm with you on the 'not excited'
They may as well just update Falcon with new stories. We already have 2 Star Wars Simulators in Disneyland, we do not need a 3rd.

I would like to see Galaxys edge expansion but I suspect we will only see more shops/experiences or restaurants than an actual ride.

How about we get a new mission on Smugglers Run that involves helping Mando and Grogu on a quest. Backstory could be Mando asks Hondo for help which he then contracts “us” to pilot the Falcon and help him
I Think that could make the ride better but honestly think Mando could have his own ride and it be HUGE. Like I know the sequels made bank but people seem to care wayyyy more about Mando and Grogu considering most the time half the merch in shops is either OT themed or Mando themed.

Just give us a Mando mission on Smuggler's Run! Market it and give a new breath of life to that ride, it would seriously help a lot and now you've got this Avengers Campus level crossover where you're on the Falcon and also helping the Mandalorian. Does it imply that he and Grogu live and stay together all the way until the sequel trilogy? Don't even need to talk about it, like having Iron Man at AC.

*shrugs* Chances are it could be another simulator, but I will say this...

If they're going to do something, don't waste the Mando as a new mission for Smugglers Run. That won't fix a ride that's flawed at the core.