Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 312 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
But again, none of those animals are real, so it would be a land based around fictional creatures, leading to a stiff land where there's little movement or any feeling of the land being "alive".

In the world after Black Fish, are we really going to see new real animals in the park?

Reactions: RevFreako
In the world after Black Fish, are we really going to see new real animals in the park?
Umm... you haven't watched the Animal Kingdom show on Disney+ have you? They've not only added new species to the park whenever it was filmed, but Disney also just tweeted out that they've had something like 300 births this year. The Kilimanjaro Safaris is adding new species on a semi-regular occurrence.

Yeah, there's room for another ride in SWGE. Although the only thing i've heard (extremely early on right now) would be a speeder bike coaster. With Tron coming and all the coasters Disney will have added recently, idk if they'll go that route or not.
Wasnt there something about a Bantha ride

Reactions: Nick and belloq87
Not sure of this is where I would ask OR post this, but I'll give it a shot:
Does anyone think Disney would benefit into building MORE Star Wars themed lands?
Like how Universal did 2 Harry Potter lands (possibly a 3rd for EU).
Like I'd imagine the ideas for Coruscant, Endor, Tatooine, Death Star,Hoth, etc. So many more ideas to build immersive world's.

I said from the beginning they should have done a different land in every park. Or at least the US parks. You are a Star Wars fanatic, you don't get to pick just DL or HS. You have to hit them all.

Reactions: IndyRs
Wasnt there something about a Bantha ride
I believe that would've had to have been built when the land was being built as it was similar to what the Yoshi ride is like, except more on ground level.

I said from the beginning they should have done a different land in every park. Or at least the US parks. You are a Star Wars fanatic, you don't get to pick just DL or HS. You have to hit them all.
Even if they just had different rides at different parks. These lands cost a lot as is, so I get why they cloned seeing as R&D on entire new lands would have cost a ton of money. But I think it just would've been a better experience, and i'd actually have a reason to go out to California anytime soon instead of Paris. Seeing as DL's new attractions are SWGE, MMRR and Avengers Campus (Paris is getting all of those) and i've also never been to DLP. So when you combine the fact that they're getting the same new attractions with me never having been there, it make it an easy choice.

Had DL had a different version of SWGE, i'd be in more of a rush to get there.

Although the only thing i've heard (extremely early on right now) would be a speeder bike coaster. With Tron coming and all the coasters Disney will have added recently, idk if they'll go that route or not.

Yeah, Disney can lay off the coasters for a while. I'd much rather see a C/D-ticket dark ride added to that expansion plot. With a very high capacity.

I don't expect to see anything happen on that land for 10 years, though.

Let's walk before we run with this land.

We need them to quit being cute and shoving the 7-9 timeline down people's face in this land when no one cares. People want to see Mando and (ugh) Grogu. Hell, I want Cara Dune, Ahsoka Tano, etc in the land. Maybe they can eventually put the elevated walkways to use like they were meant for and get some sort of choreographed saber fight up there eventually.

The Mandalorian is t
Let's walk before we run with this land.

We need them to quit being cute and shoving the 7-9 timeline down people's face in this land when no one cares. People want to see Mando and (ugh) Grogu. Hell, I want a Cara Dune, Ahsoka Tano, etc in the land. Maybe they can eventually put the elevated walkways to use like they were meant for and get some sort of choreographed saber fight up there eventually.

You add a Mando walkaround holding on to a baby yoda and people will be booking trips.

We need them to quit being cute and shoving the 7-9 timeline down people's face in this land when no one cares. People want to see Mando and (ugh) Grogu. Hell, I want Cara Dune, Ahsoka Tano, etc in the land. Maybe they can eventually put the elevated walkways to use like they were meant for and get some sort of choreographed saber fight up there eventually.

To stay on topic, I'd love for additional planets to be featured, but do I think it'll happen? Very much no for the foreseeable future. Projects have been trimmed and Galaxy's Edge was a big swing for the park, so I don't see them doubling down on more outside of additional revenue creators like the originally planned dinner/show thing.

The biggest issue if that with the timeline, their marquee attraction is locked into the sequels and if they break the outside, the internal timeline at SWGE makes no sense. I'd love to see a hidden Mando group to hang out with and buy a helmet or armor, or they just say the rule of cool applies and they start giving everybody all of the characters sporadically.

To stay on topic, I'd love for additional planets to be featured, but do I think it'll happen? Very much no for the foreseeable future. Projects have been trimmed and Galaxy's Edge was a big swing for the park, so I don't see them doubling down on more outside of additional revenue creators like the originally planned dinner/show thing.

The biggest issue if that with the timeline, their marquee attraction is locked into the sequels and if they break the outside, the internal timeline at SWGE makes no sense. I'd love to see a hidden Mando group to hang out with and buy a helmet or armor, or they just say the rule of cool applies and they start giving everybody all of the characters sporadically.

Agree. Rise of the Resistance poses the biggest problem to that idea, but I think that if they can loosen up the timeline lock over time no one will care. Hell, I have read all the new canon novels and I don't even care.

Agree. Rise of the Resistance poses the biggest problem to that idea, but I think that if they can loosen up the timeline lock over time no one will care. Hell, I have read all the new canon novels and I don't even care.
They could easily work with RotR. It’s a Star Wars land and there’s a sequel based ride. How does that back them into a corner? They could build a new ride based on the original trilogy in the land and no one would care that the two exist together.

Just cut the crap that Batuu is canon. Make it a non-canon land that just has a taste of everything that Star Wars fans want.

Timeline can be ignored. Diagon Alley is a timeline nightmare. Gringott's is in the middle of book 7 so Diagon Alley should be a shuttered burned out war zone. Not pristine with the shops open and a dragon on the roof of Gringott's.

The Man DeLorean and the big eared frog can wonder around and then we can make fun of the nerds who get their panties in a bunch about it. It will be good fun.

And every year heading into Life Day, this guy should wander around the shops.

SWlego2017_0027.jpg

Last edited:
Timeline can be ignored. Diagon Alley is a timeline nightmare. Gringott's is in the middle of book 7 so Diagon Alley should be a shuttered burned out war zone. Not pristine with the shops open and a dragon on the roof of Gringott's.

The Man DeLorean and the big eared frog can wonder around and then we can make fun of the nerds who get their panties in a bunch about it. It will be good fun.

And every year heading into Life Day, this guy should wander around the shops.

SWlego2017_0027.jpg

The "stuck in time" aspect of the land works if they were going to roll out the more narrative-based entertainment and shows. But since they never did then what's the point? Commit to the plan and roll out fully or throw your hands up and span the whole sequel trilogy full of stuff.

They could easily work with RotR. It’s a Star Wars land and there’s a sequel based ride. How does that back them into a corner? They could build a new ride based on the original trilogy in the land and no one would care that the two exist together.

Just cut the crap that Batuu is canon. Make it a non-canon land that just has a taste of everything that Star Wars fans want.

This! How many people actually care about the timeline? How many people are aware it even exists? Just let it be Star Wars land. Build rides/shows/character interactions from all the films. No one will care. In fact, the vast majority would probably like it more!

Bantu is old. There is nothing that says that Anakin was never there. They could have Rey and Chewie out by RotR and Anakin wandering around the market area. Just don't do things like having Anakin and Darth Vader out at the same time. Make sure all the characters out in a certain area are from the same era. The timeline of Bantuu could be nebulous and the timeline of you visit defined by which characters you see. Aside from the actual attractions obviously. And in that regard keep the sequel trilogy characters by RotR.

Toss in some references to Psychometry and you can explain essentially anything away as Force echoes being projected by some Jedi to be visible by everyone. Boom, timeline intact for the people who care about it, and it's obscure enough the the GP can ignore it.

Reactions: BigHouseFootball
Bantu is old. There is nothing that says that Anakin was never there. They could have Rey and Chewie out by RotR and Anakin wandering around the market area. Just don't do things like having Anakin and Darth Vader out at the same time. Make sure all the characters out in a certain area are from the same era. The timeline of Bantuu could be nebulous and the timeline of you visit defined by which characters you see. Aside from the actual attractions obviously. And in that regard keep the sequel trilogy characters by RotR.

Agreed. Although, it would be kind of funny to have Kylo Ren bump into Darth Vader.

Ren: "Hey, I actually have your crushed mask from after you died."

Vader talking to self: "Must not force-choke my grandson, must not force-choke my grandson!!!"

First Order stormtroopers could get into a fight with stormtroopers from The Empire.

I agree, though, that people don't care. Outside of the fanatics, the vast majority are there for a vacation and fun. For that matter, I'm not pitching a fit the Muppets are all cavorting a stone's throw away from Endor.

• Haha
Reactions: Disneyhead
Agreed. Although, it would be kind of funny to have Kylo Ren bump into Darth Vader.

Ren: "Hey, I actually have your crushed mask from after you died."

Vader talking to self: "Must not force-choke my grandson, must not force-choke my grandson!!!"

First Order stormtroopers could get into a fight with stormtroopers from The Empire.

I agree, though, that people don't care. Outside of the fanatics, the vast majority are there for a vacation and fun. For that matter, I'm not pitching a fit the Muppets are all cavorting a stone's throw away from Endor.
People forget to actually have fun with it. I was thinking a similar scenario to the one you mentioned with Anakin running into Vader and saying, "Nice Helmet, I need to get one of those".

The "stuck in time" aspect of the land works if they were going to roll out the more narrative-based entertainment and shows. But since they never did then what's the point? Commit to the plan and roll out fully or throw your hands up and span the whole sequel trilogy full of stuff.
I wonder if they just shifted time periods during the day

I know that's not exactly "Star Wars"

But it could work to where at the beginning of the day is the new trilogy meet and greets, afternoon is old trilogy, evening is prequels

IDK, the whole land seems just generic enough to make all trilogies work at the same time

I wouldn't expect too much of this kind of comedy in the land, tbh. the reason SW Weekends was killed was because Disney bought LFL, don't forget. Mockery is okay wheb it's not your property.

Reactions: SeventyOne