Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Everything they’ve shown me from Rise has looked impressive. I haven’t felt that way from what I’ve seen if the rest of the land, but can’t fully judge until April. I’ll never know what it was like fully without Rise

After all that's happened with SWGE maybe raising expectations so high isn't the best idea?

Your bias is showing again.

There is no doubt this thing will be held in the greatest of esteem. The fact we got arguably the best attraction at UOR (at least top 3) and arguably at WDW (at least top 3) in the same year is pretty damned amazing.

Yup, I suspect it will safely be in everybody’s top 3.

Well, seeing as how WDW has built very few truly Mega E tickets since Splash Mountain opened in the 90s, if it isn’t, SWGE truly is the biggest fail in theme park history.

As for making this SW fan since 1977 cry.... oi vey.

I am hearing they are going to open on time. But as mentioned before, one of the elevators isn't working and the ride system isn't even cycling properly. It has not cycled for a whole hour without the system shutting down.

Unless there are some drastic improvements this is going to make Hagrid's opening look smooth. I hope all those folks over on MAGIC remember how they slammed Universal over Hagrid's.

I am hearing they are going to open on time. But as mentioned before, one of the elevators isn't working and the ride system isn't even cycling properly. It has not cycled for a whole hour without the system shutting down.

Unless there are some drastic improvements this is going to make Hagrid's opening look smooth. I hope all those folks over on MAGIC remember how they slammed Universal over Hagrid's.
Damn they must be nervous. SWGE really doesn’t need more bad press. Hopefully like Hagrid’s, people who get off the ride are happy regardless.

A lot will depend on if the ride delivers like Hagrid's did. If it meets or passes expectations people may tend to be lenient of heavy breakdowns, if they do indeed occur. But, if the ride isn't 15 minutes long as advertised by Chapek (which it doesn't appear to be), and if it doesn't have the wow factor everyone is expecting, then it's a whole different ballgame.

Last edited:

:lmao:

A lot will depend on if the ride delivers like Hagrid's did. If it meets or passes expectations people may tend to be lenient of heavy breakdowns, if they do indeed occur. But, if the ride isn't 15 minutes long as advertised by Chapek (which it doesn't appear to be), and if it doesn't have the wow factor everyone is expecting, then it's a whole different ballgame.
I believe its a 15-minute or so experience including the pre-shows, the pre-ride ride (Or however you define the transport ship), and then the queue and then the ride.

I believe its a 15-minute or so experience including the pre-shows, the pre-ride ride (Or however you define the transport ship), and then the queue and then the ride.
Yes, I'm well aware of that. But Chapek said the ride was 15 minutes long. No one else counts pre shows as ride time. Like I said last year when some others touted the ride as 20 minutes plus long, and then they changed it to 'Experience' :lol:...heck Gringotts is that long if you count the pre show and the pre ride elevator....and the same with most all of the new rides in both park systems (like the terrible horrible F&F with two long insufferable, at times, pre shows) .

Last edited:
Ya Chapek can’t just casually change what a “ride” is just like that. Maybe the attraction will
Prove it can be, but he can’t just say that.

Yes, I'm well aware of that. But Chapek said the ride was 15 minutes long. No one else counts pre shows as ride time. Like I said last year when some others touted the ride as 20 minutes plus long, and then they changed it to 'Experience' :lol:...heck Gringotts is that long if you count the pre show and the pre ride elevator....and the same with most all of the new rides in both park systems (like the terrible horrible F&F with two long insufferable, at times, pre shows) .
What about Haunted Mansion? Is the stretch room part of the ride or is it just a pre-show? Because it sounds like RoTR will be more like that (Since the Transport portion is both a ride and a pre-show).

What about Haunted Mansion? Is the stretch room part of the ride or is it just a pre-show? Because it sounds like RoTR will be more like that (Since the Transport portion is both a ride and a pre-show).

Yes and no? With HM there is no actual narrative. But in ROTR it's 100% a narrative that begins in the first pre-show briefing room.

Yep, that too. The total ride time listing doesn't include the stretch room. None of the rides at Disney & Universal include pre shows in their ride times. Maybe Chapek's never rode a ride for real :lol:....and speaking of narratives, the entire queue of FJ is a narrative that dovetails into the ride. FOP is a narrative with the pre shows, but they don't count that as ride time..........Keep it simple. a ride is a ride. A pre show is a pre show. a queue is a queue. Now that entire journey is a 'Total Experience', but that's not what Chapek said. He said it's a 15 minute long ride.

Last edited:
I’d bet most people won’t start the clock, so to speak, at the pre-show in the caves or on the trackless RVs, but instead when the doors close on the Resistance shuttle. It’s more about what people perceive than what is accurate when it comes to how long an attraction is.

I’d bet most people won’t start the clock, so to speak, at the pre-show in the caves or on the trackless RVs, but instead when the doors close on the Resistance shuttle. It’s more about what people perceive than what is accurate when it comes to how long an attraction is.
Exactly. That's what theme park visitors have perceived for ages.....and...if the actual RotR ride is great, why the need to try to oversell it by muddying the waters. That just creates a situation where expectations may get raised too highly.

Yep, that too. The total ride time listing doesn't include the stretch room. None of the rides at Disney & Universal include pre shows in their ride times. Maybe Chapek's never rode a ride for real :lol:....and speaking of narratives, the entire queue of FJ is a narrative that dovetails into the ride. FOP is a narrative with the pre shows, but they don't count that as ride time..........Keep it simple. a ride is a ride. A pre show is a pre show. a queue is a queue. Now that entire journey is a 'Total Experience', but that's not what Chapek said. He said it's a 15 minute long ride.
And yet most people would consider the "ride" of the Haunted Mansion starting as soon as they enter the foyer. Its certainly not something that you would skip, even if you could. (It was easier in the old days. Disney didn't have "rides" They had "attractions" since the word ride had a bad connotation in those days).

I agree his choice to promote "ride time" could definitely backfire, it will be taken too literally. But I do think this is still a cool path for the future of rides and I hope it works out to feel like a 'Total Experience (ride)" haha.

I think a big piece of the perception of this experience will come down to how many guests you are with during these preshow scenes through the shuttle and the Hanger. If you are being shuffled through in a more intimate smaller group I can see it feeling a lot more genuine and 'experience starting'.

Where as it will still just very much feel like another queue if you walk out from a crammed shuttled into a queue like railing switchback inside the hanger following a line into a loading station.

Flow and volume will be really key here