Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

I don't know if hung up on trackless vehicles is quite it, more that happenstance led them to building a lot at once. It was the correct choice for what they wanted to do with RotR, but has severe limitations as a thrilling ride vehicle. It was the correct choice for MMRR until they nerfed some of the utility of having a trackless vehicle in the design phase. Ratatouille was a "we have money to spend" off the shelf pick, and OLC would pay whatever for the BatB ride. Then you clone MMRR and you've got six in a small window of time.

I can't go on RotR without thinking of the Simpsons between the final Kylo scene and the escape pods:

Good explanation and even better visual demonstration. Maybe RotR involved "look like you belong there" type of sneaking.

I definitely agree. The Scoop system is incredibly versatile and effective, and it feels more cutting edge and current than trackless many times. Is there a reason that Disney hasn't used the system in their parks? Is it patented by Universal?
Since Busch used the exact same rider system for Williamsburgs castle ride, I'd say no. its not a Universal patent.

"The Scoop" is a ride system from Oceaneering call Evolution.

I would love to see the Scoop implemented in an Indiana Jones Adventure/Dinosaur-type dark ride.

I guess the Jurassic World ride in Beijing is kind of closer to that style, but they could go even further.

Wow, this just spun me on a tangent watching videos of the Beijing JW ride. That's the Jurassic ride I've been wanting and expecting since I was a little kid. Looks awesome!