StarWay | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

StarWay

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
New soundtrack: no Billy Bush. The safety spiel is mixed with random songs from Universal movies. Heard "Mamma Mia", "Boogie Fever", "Minions YMCA". Volume was really low so it was hard to hear.

This is one of my favorite moments of Universal Hollywood yet as its a change that fixes atleast 4 Insignificant but needed problems due to how dated it is.. May I ask, are you going to do another Recording like how the Grinch starway Recording was?

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't be able to, but perhaps Jonathan, Chris Lord, Chris Glass, Adriana or Bruce could!

Either way, I doubt it will change.

Last edited by a moderator:
What was weird is that I rode the Starway this morning and experienced the old soundtrack, only to walk back up an hour later to hear suddenly "Happy", and then all other tunes that were NOT the old soundtrack.

I like to think I just happened to witness the death of the Starway music. And I couldn't be happier.

Oh God please no... I am glad they finally changed the music, but I won't be able to stand years and years of hearing "Happy" on the starway. 

Reactions: Bonkers
I really hope this wasn't some random troll and they return to Billy Bush in a few days. It wouldn't be first time USH has shied away from a smart decision.

Jonathan and I were on the StarWay yesterday and we heard some pretty interesting tracks. It looks like Universal finally put the audio system on a digital jukebox.

Here's hoping...

I was at USH today. Went down and up the Starway twice. Yes. It has a new soundtrack. Unfortunately, not once did I hear any song I can easily recognize, let alone JP, BTTF or any other reknowned theme. Didn't hear any narration. It was just song after song. To be honest, I'm currently prefering the old soundtrack because none of the new songs I heard on the Starway are anything close to what I enjoy listening to. I felt they're songs that fit Citywalk better. The only song whose lyrics I somewhat remember is one that is sung by kids. The chorus lyrics are something like... 'nobody's gonna fight today, nobody's gonna cry today and nobody's gonna die today!' lol

While the old soundtrack had some things that should have been changed, I think it had more that didn't. I would have loved to hear "Happy" instead of what I heard. I DID hear it on my way down to the Studio Tour. The Studio Tour escalator has such great music. Just today I heard the BTTF and Mummy Returns theme there. I know I've heard the BTTF theme there before so I'm sure it wasn't added just for the Tour's 50th.

Well if it's a digital jukebox that means that Universal has probably inputed hundreds of songs from the myriad of soundtracks from over the years, so you may have just encountered a bad bunch.

I may have overestimated the amount of songs they're putting in the loop. Looks like it's from a set.

I had the unfortunate fate yesterday of hearing "I Want Candy" from Hop several times over.

They essentially just play song after song after song, then the old safety spiel, and repeat.

I have to say, I am not a fan of the new Starway music selection...at all. Having to hear ENTIRE songs, especially ones you hate/don't enjoy, is quite obnoxious. At least with the old Starway audio, it was all snippets of classic Universal songs and the same old trivia. But having to hear full songs is a hit or miss...

Reactions: Krusty and steve
Well, most of it IS movie scores...but there was too much "cool/hip" contemporary movie scores from what I've witnessed. I can betcha that if it was just an endless loop of pre-2000 classic Universal soundtracks, or even jusy ET, JP, and BTTF and that's it, no one would complain! :)

Reactions: steve
Anyone have info about what's being done to, or nearby, the StarWay?  I assume there's some significant equipment going back and forth that required clearing a vehicle-sized path on the hillside.

Starway_042515_1.jpg
Starway_042515_2.jpg
Starway_042515_3.jpg