StarWay | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

StarWay

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe it is a new tram route. No surprise since Universal will eventually have to demolish lower lot space. Seems like they are taking out the soundstages left the Transformers. If that's the case, the trams might reroute like this: 

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just speculation, but I am going to say erosion of the hill is causing Starway issues.  I bet this is for restructuring the hill for continued support of the Starway.

Reactions: raffman
I'm gonna take this opportunity to say that I gate the new StarWay loop. I always get have the bad luck of hearing the same songs right when I'm going up or down and they're full songs, so I have to listen to that crappy kid rap song all the way through. I miss the assortment of music.

I'm surprised nobody has brought this up, but....I was very surprised to hear the James Brown song "Sex Machine" after all the kids songs they played. I find that.....odd. No parents have complained about it!? 0.o

Rant: Unbelievable they'll play that song during the day with kids around but we cant have a Bill and Ted at an adult event like HHN.

You can't tell from the photo but I felt like the glass ceiling of the starway was much cleaner than before.  Maybe the lighting was just right to fool me but it looked really good.  Anyone know if it got cleaned?  Does it ever?
Starway_062115_1.jpg

Lower Lot gateway all lit up for holidays.  One the one hand it looks nice in person, but on the other hand the otherwise classy and restrained design of this signage feels a little cheapened by the abundance of temporary rope lights.  I wish lighting options for this were integrated as they are in Universal Plaza tower.  Obviously this it totally my opinion--and even I am ambivalent.  But if Universal's objective was this-way-to-lower-lot, then it's highly effective.  Similar pic in Studio Tour forum in case you're interested.

Park%20Details_122315_2.jpg

^ I saw that too and thought it looked a bit garish. Maybe they're just testing the waters this year.