Studio Tour | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really don't see them doing anything for 2015 for Back to the Future. Upgrades for next year are given considering the tour/behind-the-scenes aspect of the studio opened in 1915 (100th anniversary) and I'm predicting a very nostalgia driven approach.

I mean media-wise. Think the period of the tour that was hosted by Ron Howard but less outdated. Add in Fast and Furious and you have a great way to commemorate the Tour's 100th. The only thing I could see that's related to Back to the Future is that they remove the facade that they added (?) for Ghost Whisperer and restore the columns/clock. Something simple enough that costs them a minimal amount of money.

maybe but then again... they could give a small overlay to Kong for October kinda because that's WHEN the events of BTTF mainly come as it'd be perfect in HHN as a treat as your going back as theres a glasses zone for the special treat and that'd work out great and get more people to the event

Maybe they'll slap a couple DeLoreans on the good ol' F&F Kuka arms. I feel terrible for even jokingly suggesting that.
They could put a green screen behind the Deloreans and make it appear on the tram monitors that the cars are flying through an environment in another time period.

A couple of weeks ago, Chris pointed out that he saw the fins of a Jaws shark inside the former Fast and Furious tram animation. It's tricky to see, but there is definitely a shark inside of it. Is it a new shark for the Jaws portion of the tour? Or is this the old shark that is being replaced by a new one that is wrapped in black plastic sitting in the empty Jaws lake? Either way we've got at least two Bruce's on the lot and neither of them are terrorizing guests! Hopefully that changes soon. By the way, it was extremely difficult to see the shark, let alone snap a picture of it, hence the bad photo. 

IMG_5090 copy by Bruce A. Babcock, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BernardMesa
wait a minute.... Oh god.. our universe is ending.. jk but I find it odd that theres 2 sharks if there will be a new skin or that could be the photo oped bruce... just my idea.

wait a minute.... Oh god.. our universe is ending.. jk but I find it odd that theres 2 sharks if there will be a new skin or that could be the photo oped bruce... just my idea.
Lol. It's a slow news week. I was thinking about it maybe being the photo op shark, but the skin type didn't seem to match. The fins looked pretty pale and dry as opposed to that shiny look the photo op had. I think it's funny F&F is an unofficial storage yard now. 

Are they putting the shark on a Kuka arm?
I sure hope so. 

Without a doubt its an attraction shark.  I was able to make out the entire shark through the cracks in the wall and sitting up as far as I could on the tram.  However, getting a photo of it is a pain.  Good job Bruce!

Reactions: BruceTheShark