Studio Tour | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So yeah a new guide to go along with your new scene(s) is being talked about.
YESSSSS!!!! Glad that's still a go! I desperately want a new guide. I hope they're good, whoever the replacement is!

And scene(s)? As in, animation(s)? Ooooh. That'd be nice to get something besides F&F. Really excited for a refreshed tour.

A rumored new addition for the 2015 tour involved something about Back to the Future as well, probably revolving around Courtyard Square.
if they remake the  2015  set on courthouse square, people will go ape poop for this!! ....holographic jaws anyone?

I'm willing to guess this: New BTTF scene for 30th,

F&F tour Animation,

Tram Host,

King Kong 4K upgrade,

newly Expanded Jaws Scene with more effects and more moving shark,

Moving the Picture Cars near Mummy Tunnel,

Plausable Expanded JP scene for World.

Thats what i'll Guess for 2015 and it'd be best in Phases

EDIT: And tram host... Robert Zemeckis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't Universal WANNA keep Fallon at this point, since he's the new host of the Tonight Show?

I was never a fan of Conan but I think he was great for Universal. Too bad that ship sailed.

I think Spielberg should be the main host of the Studio Tour, and he can have "his friends" (different celebrities/directors) pop up at different times throughout the tour to help him elaborate on different topics, etc. Make it very "Hollywood". Having Fallon is trying waaaaaaay too hard to be hip.

Reactions: JaySalahi
What I heard was that Courthouse Square is going to be decorated just like is was for BTTF 2 when it depicted the year 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think redoing the courthouse for 2015 is a good idea at all. Some cheap decorations from the worst movie in the trilogy to get a cheap thrill out of it. If Universal wants to compete with disney then they have to stop being cheap with the studio tour and actually bring some studio back to the tour.

As much Fast and Furious sucked it was kind of cool for some people to see movie stunt like that are done. I for one would love for six points to stay or be rebuilt and then as the tram goes by have a small western style stunt show. Throw a guy through window or have a guy fall off the roof, anything would be better then "Here are some random sets we built after a fire and some from 1945. Now here's tunnel with a animated gorilla fighting dinosaurs.

The collapsing bridge is awesome and is so because it's actually a movie set. And it's thrilling and then when your done you see it rebuild itself!!

Psycho House and the Bate Motel are awesome because they are real sets but you get the thrill of seeing Norman Bates chase you.

Earthquake which is still my favorite is incredible because it's so grand in its scale of fire, flooding, and crashes. And it was also used for filming.

Jaws needs some serious work and while maybe it can't be done too much they really should invest money in it because it's one of the most classic parts of the tour and even after 30 plus years of it being there you still love it.

Maybe I'm completely alone in all of this but if they keep putting too many 360 3d type rides in the tour it will lose it magic of being on a actual movie set and being apart of it all.

By the way bring back Ron Howard as tour host and lose Jimmy Fallon. Enough cutesy stuff and start bringing the movies back to life

I don't think that area will  be available due to the studio might need that space so that's what I forgot to menton as it could go somewhere else as they could recreate possibly the suburb area from Part 2 and Part 3 as there looks to be new house facades near the warriors spot so that'd make more sense.