Studio Tour | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I want to see the Western Street shootout come back. It was always fun and a little break from the action of the tour.

I think this would be an awesome idea, but I also fear that it isn't realized or practical. To have someone drive a real DeLorean all night long would be wasteful. If this was for only the summer of 2015, I could understand it. The tour was always about bringing the locations of the world to life in the backlot and this would stay true to something they have not done in a long time... something practical!
I know it'd be slightly impractical and expensive, but to be a new thing on the night tour (let's say, 7 to 10) wouldn't be THAT bad, especially to celebrate BTTF in 2015!

It doesn't have to be too long either. Have stunt guy Doc on the roof top trying to connect the wires on the clock tower, have sound effects and lighting for the "storm". Have the DeLorean with Marty waiting for the alarm to go off at the end of the street. DeLorean start to drive towards the cord, Doc swings down like Spiderman, explosion special effect at the top of the clock tower, have fiber optics make the wire glow with "lightning" and then have the DeLorean disappear into an explosion and fog blast. End it with Doc dancing on the street and Marty running toward Doc saying "I'm back...I'm back from the future" and he faints. The end.

The DeLorean would have to only drive one time in a line towards the blast each time, not too bad.

I still think the tour needs more action and practical effects and demonstrations like in years past. :)

More or less of what could happen with the Delorean, have it as a Projected image as they will have to close the Tour for 30 to a hour to get Actors on the lot, etc...But point being, they can do a projected wall that's quick to assemble and have the projectors on the rooftops of the Sets around CourtHouse to further make it work.. *Slides to the dark room
It wouldn't take that long to get actors prepped on the lot if everything is in place already. A projected DeLorean wouldn't work with the layout of the set if they want to make it fit the film.

I'd actauly love to just see some added things for the NightTime tour at the old Fast & Furious location, they could do something if they wanted to retheme that particular section of the tour to something new.
If not on the courthouse square set, they could enclose the old F&F animation, build a forced perspective 2015 Courthouse Square set and use one of Kuka arm cars with a fiberglass DeLorean on it and have it "fly around" with some effects. That'd be cool :p

^

My thoughts on the old F&F Portion is that my dream for it would be to have some Raptors there, redo the walls to make it rock, redo the theming of the entrance-exit,

and have a Raptor Encounter scene.

I got to go through Jaws today with no sound effects or music....at all. This was because of the filming nearby. You could hear the whirring on the scuba guy. It was really funny getting to experience: JAWS: Silent Swim.

Reactions: DrKevin and Chris
I got to go through Jaws today with no sound effects or music....at all. This was because of the filming nearby. You could hear the whirring on the scuba guy. It was really funny getting to experience: JAWS: Silent Swim.
Did King Kong and Earthquake work? I heard both were experiencing some technical difficulties yesterday.

Did King Kong and Earthquake work? I heard both were experiencing some technical difficulties yesterday.
King Kong seemed to be running fine. Earthquake was running smoothly except for the subway which was stuck there before and after the experience started. The tour guide made a nice save to cover up the issue.

"You can see that crushed subway car there as they were filming something earlier..."

Jaws the ride 2.0, now with enhanced soundtrack. Only on the studio tour.

Reactions: Jon Fu
Not sure if this has been said yet or how accurate this is, but when I went on the studio tour on Friday, our tour guide mentioned the night time tours coming soon and specifically said that we would see Marilyn Monroe waiting to star in her next great film and then something about Marty and Doc doing something with the clock tower. I really hope this is true! 

I see Marlyn Being a great choice to have a little dance and singing skit in and the Doc and Marty would confirm the rumor of the Courthouse Square scene that was rumored a while back. Interested if there will be things like a Shootout at Six Points Texas or a group of classic monsters of Little Europe come out. But I am interested to see what they're going to do.

Not sure if this has been said yet or how accurate this is, but when I went on the studio tour on Friday, our tour guide mentioned the night time tours coming soon and specifically said that we would see Marilyn Monroe waiting to star in her next great film and then something about Marty and Doc doing something with the clock tower. I really hope this is true!
I really hope this is true as well man! I said from the beginning it'd be cool to see different "actors or characters" preparing to film something on the backlot, like NY Street. Makes the backlot feel more alive. It's basically doing what happens on the upper lot but on the back lot.

But gosh I hope the BTTF thing is true afterall!

Reactions: BernardMesa
I really hope this is true as well man! I said from the beginning it'd be cool to see different "actors or characters" preparing to film something on the backlot, like NY Street. Makes the backlot feel more alive. It's basically doing what happens on the upper lot but on the back lot.

But gosh I hope the BTTF thing is true afterall!
That would be amazing. Just having Marty race down and get sent back in time. How would they do that though?

There are so many big thanks happening in the park that I didn't notice until looking tonight at today's photos that there's a new Studio Tour sign up that coordinate with the recent Lower Lot sign.  It's not done, yet, but will be very nice, clean and new when complete.  I think I was too fixated on Hogwarts to notice the sign.