Studio Tour | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As promised, here is the pic from the other week I went when they were fixing up the JP cars on the JP section of the tour.

2rn7o5e.jpg

Also my sister was asked by a team member to fill out a survey after entering the park, and she was told upon completion that she could go FOTL for studio tour only or something. But studio tour was a walk on so we didnt need it after all.

Reactions: BernardMesa
Here's a mini photo update for the Studio Tour:

16310928771_75fe6af780.jpg

The new Studio Tour hub. It seems like they have something planned for the middle of this area. New arch toward the right.

15690300994_540427c2be.jpg

Not-so-recently refurbished planter.

16312630425_51afbcd5ba.jpg

Another look at one of the 50th Anniversary logos, which is preceded by one of two cool cartoon clips of the tram driving by the DeLorean, F&F cars, Bates Motel, dinosaurs, Bruce, the Collapsing Bridge, and more.

16126864317_3890a46cc8.jpg

The former Stage 28 site, now being used to store the transport buses, VIP trolleys, and makeshift queue fences.

Definitely interesting but if I'm not mistaken, that's an older picture. The updated pics on IU's twitter of the partially revealed sign show the digital wait time boards already attached. So we still have them.

Did they remove the "temporary" sign already?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aaron
I hope when the whole courtyard is done they will have entering guests going through the new sign and have exiting going around the new courtyard. Because on older construction pictures there is like 1 giant bench around the courtyard so exiting guests can go around the courtyard.View attachment 51

I hope when the whole courtyard is done they will have entering guests going through the new sign and have exiting going around the new courtyard. Because on older construction pictures there is like 1 giant bench around the courtyard so exiting guests can go around the courtyard.
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Many people in these forums believe that's what they will do once it fully opens.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look at the aerial photos from before, the bench planter literally aligns with the center railing on the bridge, meaning that exiting guests go around the planter.

Reactions: William and Aaron
A Jimmy Fallon fan site is claiming The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon is going to start filming on the Universal Backlot? Has anyone heard about this?

I hope they repaint the adjacent railings to match the new beige/silver arch. Seems like they're slowly doing away with the current blue/gold color scheme, which could be true if they ever re-skin the trams as previously rumored.

I think the only thing that should be done with the bridge/railings is to replace the 1990's dome lights to the more modern deco fixtures added in the courtyard and maybe a repaint of the railings to black and silver or even replacing them with Spanish wrought iron to match the rest of the park.

Reactions: Aaron and William
The new area at the base of the new studio tour sign is very nice.  When it was behind construction walls it appeared, to me anyway, to be too small an area for tour crowds to pass through.  But seeing it full of people today made it seem larger.  It was not a that busy today, though.

Studio%20Tour%20Sign%20New1_012515.jpg
Studio%20Tour%20Sign%20New2_012515.jpg
Studio%20Tour%20Sign%20New3_012515.jpg
Studio%20Tour%20Sign%20New4_012515.jpg

Oh, and obviously the old (temp) sign is gone.

And here's the area we were walking through on Friday that is now behind construction walls. 
Studio%20Tour%20Circle_012515.jpg

Gives me a chuckle to think of all the construction workers who, when this is done, will be able to say, "I'm really good at moving construction walls even at night."

Apologies if I'm veering off topic but this relates to the above photos.  I really like what the park is doing in terms of non-themed area (not Springfield, not Hogsmeade, etc) upgrades.  Universal Plaza was very nice when it opened but it didn't seem to relate to the rest of the park.  Now, as each area is updated (lower lot and studio tour signs, new paved areas and railings) they tie in very well with the Universal Plaza art deco look.  I wonder what areas will be updated that are currently untouched. 

Deco%20Comparison.png

Great photos! I really can't wait to see this in person.

I, too, love the work they're doing to create a generic Art Deco theme for the areas of the Upper Lot that aren't based on an IP. It just further proves Universal's effort to create a more cohesive environment out of a previously hodgepodgey area.