Studio Tour | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Didn't notice the sign, but when I was there on the studio tour they were touching up the vehicles on the Jurassic Park part of the tour. I will upload the pics later, but there were two guys in a golf cart doing something to the JP cars.

Here's the new Studio Tour sign.  I was so mesmerized by Hogwarts I didn't even notice it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14748076/Studio_Tour_Sign_010915.jpg

Oops, here it is imbedded.
Studio_Tour_Sign_010915.jpg

I think it's the same sign and they just added the art deco detailing on the two support beams. Or maybe not, not sure, would need a better picture. Either way, I love it. And can't wait to see it finished! Love that it's also getting the art deco theme.

And Hogwarts looming in the background us amazing.

Ahhhhh, much better! I pretty much forgot what the temporary sign looked like (I wasn't a fan of it) haha. Definitely more in line stylistically with the rest of the park now, I like it!

Although nothing beats the "original" grand tour arch in that first picture.

Reactions: Aaron
I went back today to look at the new sign and realized that I could see the old one behind it.  If you haven't been, yet, the new one is located in the new area adjacent to the bathrooms just after passing Springfield's DMV.  Given that there are trees and hardscape seating in that area I can't imagine the sign allowing much crowd flow underneath it.  My guess is that it's located there so that it'll be visible to crowds from the Lower Lot sign area.  I believe that foot traffic will flow around the sign very much as it does now and that a separate entry or archway to Hogsmeade will be further along the path wrapping around Three Broomsticks rear seating area.  Plant enough trees and Springfield, Studio Tour entry and Hogsmeade will all look like distinct areas.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14748076/Studio%20Tour%20Sign_both.jpg

I don't know why I forget to click to embed my photos.  Sorry.

I
Studio%20Tour%20Sign_both.jpg

There's not much to see over there that we don't know about compared to the construction process in Orlando and Japan. Also, remember that there's scaffolding that's covering 99% of the site right now.

Gosh that new sign is growing on me so much!!! Can't wait to see what that little courtyard will look like and how the split between incoming and outgoing guests will be handled and look.

Gosh that new sign is growing on me so much!!! Can't wait to see what that little courtyard will look like and how the split between incoming and outgoing guests will be handled and look.

Reactions: William