Studio Tour | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They're sitting behind the tram garage, they're not very hidden.
No, like, they were actually being used all day today. It was a mix of the old and new today. The seats aren't exactly "ultra cushy" but they're pretty supportive and firm actually. Like a hard version of memory foam you could say.

I like the look of the "new" trams very much! Much better in person than in pictures. Very sleek/modern color scheme.

The reflective steel flooring of the new trams is new as well. With the amount of work that went into refurbishing them, it's hard for me to imagine that we're actually getting another full new "fleet".

2qltpc9.jpg

No, like, they were actually being used all day today. It was a mix of the old and new today. The seats aren't exactly "ultra cushy" but they're pretty supportive and firm actually. Like a hard version of memory foam you could say.

I like the look of the "new" trams very much! Much better in person than in pictures. Very sleek/modern color scheme.

The reflective steel flooring of the new trams is new as well. With the amount of work that went into refurbishing them, it's hard for me to imagine that we're actually getting another full new "fleet".
Yeah now I think that they are not going to add a whole new fleet because there is so much different on the refurbished trams. I thought they were just going to repaint the teams but I saw in the back of the garage some trams with just the steel structure.

16009702683_feb7dfaed0_z.jpg

Here's also a photo I took of the new tram.

I personally love it, and think it's a huge improvement from the previous design. Many were in use yesterday, and they look strikingly better than the current ones. While I didn't get to actually ride in one, I noticed that the seating is a lot firmer than the current plushy cushioning fastened to the trams right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very glad they're upgrading the trams. I had to pull the emergency cord today when someone's phone went over the ledge. After that, the tram pretty much died. They had to have mechanics come out and check on the emergency cord in my tram and the cord connecting my car (second) to the car behind us. They were trying to fix the issue for about thirty minutes before they gave up and decided to call in a whole new tram.

I rode the new tram today.  I was told there's just one new tram in service at this time.  The seats look hard plastic but are actually very cushy with a memory foam feel.  The video and audio of recorded material was good quality but the tour guide sounded slightly muffled.  Perhaps just a microphone placement issue.  The tram engine may have been somewhat quieter (I was in car 2) but not significantly.  I was told that the new models turn better.  There are subtle changes to paint scheme but apart from general 'newness,' overall I thought there was very little difference from the current models.  I don't think the general public will notice any difference at all.

Reactions: William