Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Studio Tour

Did you not read anything the other posters said?

I think everyone has guilty pleasure movies and shows they watch. I doubt everyone who goes to watch the FF movies believe that they're well shot films with social commentary and good storytelling. it's definitely not my cup of tea, but for others it just boils down to "car go vroom vroom", and that's fine.

My issue with Supercharged isn't that the FF movies are bad, it's that the attraction itself isn't very good. It deserves something that doesn't feel as mailed in. Probably a stunt show similar to Bourne or a themed coaster or indoor coaster like Mummy. Taking shots at the FF franchise for consisting of bad films and using that as an excuse to not have it at the park isn't fair, considering a lot of the attractions we have at the park now aren't exactly based off of "good films". Universal has traded in a lot of good attractions based on classic films for more contemporary and popular titles, which I'm not really a fan of, but I understand why they have to due to limited space and wanting to keep people coming back.

I don't know what the GP consensus is on Supercharged, I personally don't know anyone who likes it, and I would rather see it gone sooner rather than later. I'm just glad it's part of the Tour and not a stand-alone attraction out here taking up space like it is in Orlando.

Last edited:
F&F has a huge audience and is loved by many…. But even if you don’t like it, their representation in the parks is justified. USH has had proof for two decades that no matter how bad or hated a movie may be, an attraction based on the property can be amazing.

Exhibit A: Waterworld

Just because supercharged was poorly designed doesn’t mean Fast and Furious doesn’t lend itself to a great attraction, per se

Fast and Furious definitely needs to be a racing coaster. West Coast Racers at Six Flags Magic Mountain is the star example of what Universal could’ve done, especially in Orlando with the space. It hurts even more because the exterior and queue in Orlando is amazing but the ride is a poor port over from Hollywood’s tram version. It’s been said many times but Despicable Me and Fast and Furious, two of the biggest Universal owned franchises, have the worst ride adaptations ever.

Been lurking this convo laughing to myself all the way through.
I love the Fast and Furious films.
And I love Supercharged.
Somewhere between genuinely and ironically, more so toward the latter side, but love them nonetheless.

My exact feelings. My best friend and I yell "DRIVER! MOVE THAT VEHICLE!" and she has an Instagram highlight just for that part because the acting is so bad it's funny. (also "robbie get in! .....get in.") It's an inherently bad attraction but damn. Let people have fun!!

I can't remember if anyone mentioned it, but they put another picture car display on the former Whoville lot.

Been lurking this convo laughing to myself all the way through.
I love the Fast and Furious films.
And I love Supercharged.
Somewhere between genuinely and ironically, more so toward the latter side, but love them nonetheless.

I feel the same way. I enjoy the F&F franchise (just saw F9 last night!) and for what it is Supercharged kind of encapsulates the vibe of the last few films well so it's fine. I do think that a franchise of that magnitude and genre probably should have received more of a thrill ride or something though.
My exact feelings. My best friend and I yell "DRIVER! MOVE THAT VEHICLE!" and she has an Instagram highlight just for that part because the acting is so bad it's funny. (also "robbie get in! .....get in.") It's an inherently bad attraction but damn. Let people have fun!!

Ha! That's so funny. A few of my friends have the same inside joke about that line, too.