Super Nintendo World (Epic Universe) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There's literally a myriad of other cool details, though - like "Biggest Nintendo ever", "zero screens"... Why converse on an unfinished nitpick? That's the point... :lol:
Cause we've discussed screenz ad nauseum for years now, I have zero need to worry/discuss about Universal going back to their screenz era moving forward.

To be fair, the "biggest Nintendo ever" is a stretch with USJ having the same offerings as Epic. Epic probably has a few additional sq. ft. of interactive experiences, but not a very interesting topic discussion lol

My cynicism of that wall isn't because I woke up today ready to nitpick SNW to death, it's just worrisome to see the attention to detail being made to the temple walls on the opposite site, only to then cut corners on this side because it won't be in people's photos on social media. My hope is that bamboo covers all of it.

Cause we've discussed screenz ad nauseum for years now, I have zero need to worry/discuss about Universal going back to their screenz era moving forward.

To be fair, the "biggest Nintendo ever" is a stretch with USJ having the same offerings as Epic. Epic probably has a few additional sq. ft. of interactive experiences, but not a very interesting topic discussion lol

My cynicism of that wall isn't because I woke up today ready to nitpick SNW to death, it's just worrisome to see the attention to detail being made to the temple walls on the opposite site, only to then cut corners on this side because it won't be in people's photos on social media. My hope is that bamboo covers all of it.
buzz GIF

Speaking of Donkey Kong Country, looks like there may be a drink stand(?) at the Donkey Kong Country area known as "The Bubbly Barrel," which I don't think we have heard of before one of the videos.
View attachment 21706View attachment 21707
Looks like we’re getting a literal taste of Juicy Jungle from Tropical Freeze.
Juicy_Jungle.png

Speaking of I’m planning on finally doing a Funky Kong playthrough of this game as we get closer to opening.

Announcement days are always my favorite. This one maybe doesn’t hit as hard as others (probably why it’s the dead middle of the announcement schedule). But they did a good job of emphasizing the fun of the land. Plus, Donkey Kong has me super psyched. It looks so great.

Yet another post for me to gush about getting a Nintendo Theme Park 20 miles from my current abode. They chose the two biggest ideas from every fan blogger or Nintendo X Disney/Universal enthusiast from the 90s-2000s; Mario Kart and Mine Kart Madness. Both sound incredibly cool, and I'm hoping to take a trip up to Hollywood sooner than later to be able to finally experience this stuff before the rush of a whole new theme park!

I'm pretty spoiler-sensitive, especially for theme parks. When it comes to any media I'm remotely interested in, I'd much rather enjoy the twists, turns, or reveals in-person and in the moment rather than hearing about it way before. So honestly, I haven't looked too much into the Hollywood or Japan lands so far! I'm incredibly excited to be able to enjoy these lands in-person in less than a year's time. This has been a lifelong dream, and after a whole decade, it's almost here!! :party: :party: 2025 is gonna be a real big year for Nintendo fans!

For now, I'll appreciate the rumored Citywalk store, and the USF Parade and Cinesational Nintendo rep! : ))

Oh my goodness, Orlando SNW merch drop!! I hadn't even thought about that! I'll keep my eye on this thread and might just have to take a drive up to Uni this weekend to pick that stuff up!

For years now, I've been eagerly anticipating seeing Mario, Bowser, and Peach mixed between all of the E.T., Potter, Seuss, Simpsons, and Minions we've currently got in every major Uni outlet. We got a little merch drop back when the movie came out, but I think we're gonna start seeing a whole wave of Mario goodies flooding the parks relatively soon! :D

I don't like the "paint a mural on a box/wall" trend, either, especially in a park being built totally from scratch, but I'm willing to see what it actually looks like while walking around in that area before I call it an issue.

Anyway, it was a fine hype video (albeit for the land we already know the most about).

I am more enthralled that they went specifically out of the way in the Creative video to say Mine-Cart Madness features "Zero screens".
It's fascinating that they think that's a selling point worth mentioning.

Implies their internal feedback from the general public matches some of the opinions expressed by myself and others about oversaturation of the technique.

I have zero need to worry/discuss about Universal going back to their screenz era moving forward.
VillainCon was only last year.

It's fascinating that they think that's a selling point worth mentioning.

Implies their internal feedback from the general public matches some of the opinions expressed by myself and others about oversaturation of the technique..
Even outside fan forums, there is discussion of "too much" screens/simulators. Not uncommon to walk around USF and hear "oh it's just another simulator ride" comment.

It is an odd statement though as it's not like they plan on removing a good chunk of their screen simulators anytime soon either.

So... is this just a simple flat mural with painted trees like Hagrid? View attachment 21703
I get the sentiment but for DK/SNW in general those kind of background thematically fit in the context of the games. I'd imagine it'll be more detailed than previous ones we've seen because it'll be much more prominent.

Nice seeing the future pipe entrance for the expansion in the lower left! I think that section will be redone just a little when they get to Luigi's Mansion.
How about we wait til it's finished before we start nitpicking? :lol:
Wait, what else are we supposed to do around here? :lol: