Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 101 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean you don't have to believe me, just telling you what I've heard from friends directly affected.

Saying that would've been fine, but the needless ambiguity doesn't help anyone.

I have also heard construction has been halted at this time.

Saying that would've been fine, but the needless ambiguity doesn't help anyone.

I have also heard construction has been halted at this time.
My bad, to be honest I thought people had more of an understanding of vast and brutal the day was for Universal. I apologize that is my misunderstanding. Wishing the best for all TM's.

Reactions: Clive and Mad Dog
the delays a shame but it was bound to happen. More things have way more importance so I’m not too bummed.

So for us not in the know. Can anyone say whats going on or do we just have to read between the lines?

I'm assuming some CMs got laid off, Nintendoland is being put on hold but any details on this?

Reactions: Clive
So for us not in the know. Can anyone say whats going on or do we just have to read between the lines?

I'm assuming some CMs got laid off, Nintendoland is being put on hold but any details on this?
It’s not really “some CMs.” It’s large swaths of critical back of house departments, including Entertainment and Creative.

Reactions: Clive
I could see the opening going back to 2022, when hopefully things are more normal, but indefinitely on hold doesn't seem to make sense.

The lay offs really suck. You need to invest in a business to see it through a crisis, cutting just damages things more in the long run.

I think that's the most likely scenario. They've already paid for much of the project's cost. No sense to open in 2021 since crowds will be soft no matter a new E ticket attraction or not. 2022 will probably be the economic revival year. Good scenario for a Nintendo opening.

Reactions: Jamesh22 and Clive
It’s not really “some CMs.” It’s large swaths of critical back of house departments, including Entertainment and Creative.
Thanks for more Details

just asking because basically people come on here and sometimes do like Code talk, instead of just saying whats they heard in a basic sentence.

This is all obviously disappointing, but I feel worse for the people who lost their jobs. They want SNW to open and be great as much as we do, only they have their livelihoods tied to it, where for us it’s just a fun day in a theme park. Tough pill to swallow all around. Hopefully the limited staff that is leftover can continue to ideate and innovate and deliver something close to the original idea eventually.

This is all obviously disappointing, but I feel worse for the people who lost their jobs. They want SNW to open and be great as much as we do, only they have their livelihoods tied to it, where for us it’s just a fun day in a theme park. Tough pill to swallow all around. Hopefully the limited staff that is leftover can continue to ideate and innovate and deliver something close to the original idea eventually.
I'd rather them put it off years then have the land come with no Mario Kart. Think most people would.