Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 159 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My question is how much admission/APs will go up in price. Given there’s still way less to do than neighboring parks even with this open, I’m curious to what they try.

Reactions: salismetho
Judging from what has been said by people who seem to have some insider info, most of the interiors and the ride is complete. Meaning what's left is mainly finishing prep for prefab and then installing prefab, and getting those moving outdoor pieces running. This happened in Japan pretty quickly is my understanding, so I don't think they'd need 14-16 months. I could be wrong, but I feel like it's gonna be open by Spring by the latest. Any longer seems to me to be a bad move considering the poor attendance this park is getting.

Also, I can see from the email notification what you said before editing, not sure why you had to be kinda rude there originally
Duh. Maybe that’s why I removed it. But you really think this spring it’s going to open?

So then you think it will open in about a year.
that's the latest i think it would (or more like should) open, summer would surprise me. but far more points to december unless they've had more delays than expected the last two months which isn't impossible, but clearly they're expecting something to happen in january

Judging from what has been said by people who seem to have some insider info, most of the interiors and the ride is complete. Meaning what's left is mainly finishing prep for prefab and then installing prefab, and getting those moving outdoor pieces running. This happened in Japan pretty quickly is my understanding, so I don't think they'd need 14-16 months. I could be wrong, but I feel like it's gonna be open by Spring by the latest. Any longer seems to me to be a bad move considering the poor attendance this park is getting.

Also, I can see from the email notification what you said before editing, not sure why you had to be kinda rude there originally
EDIT: Spring 2023 by the latest

I didn't know the park was having attendance issues. How bad are we talking?

I didn't know the park was having attendance issues. How bad are we talking?
i don't know the exact logistics of it, but the park is usually pretty much dead. Even on Sundays I can knock through everything in a couple hours. Forbidden Journey usually stays around a five minute wait, with the other rides kinda just going up and down. Minions and Simpsons usually have the longest waits, 45 minutes-ish i want to say, but as simpsons is undergoing refurb i imagine crowds will distribute a bit more. basically everything else is a walk-on during weekdays and even some weekends from what i've experienced, exception being holidays. I imagine SNW will turn that tide though. Currently most days they have operating hours of 10am-5pm

i don't know the exact logistics of it, but the park is usually pretty much dead. Even on Sundays I can knock through everything in a couple hours. Forbidden Journey usually stays around a five minute wait, with the other rides kinda just going up and down. Minions and Simpsons usually have the longest waits, 45 minutes-ish i want to say, but as simpsons is undergoing refurb i imagine crowds will distribute a bit more. basically everything else is a walk-on during weekdays and even some weekends from what i've experienced, exception being holidays. I imagine SNW will turn that tide though. Currently most days they have operating hours of 10am-5pm
Probably what is was this time two years ago. But with the closure and it being busier than usual this past summer it may just feel slow.

The low attendance could be a combination of little to do/re-visit value, vaccine checks, and outdoor masks (now dropped). Even the holiday season was slow at USH.

I think the lack of international tourism, lack of things to do (Potter is old hat at this point and Pets never took off/is a nuisance to ride), lack of events (bet they're really wishing they'd done a full-scale Lunar), and the outdoor masks have all contributed. They keep chipping away at character entertainment, too. Grinchmas and the Potter lights drew a reasonable crowd, but the former has been whittled down to so little that it's hardly an attraction outside the tree lighting.

Park's probably been in its roughest shape since the pre-Potter days, unfortunately.

I think the lack of international tourism, lack of things to do (Potter is old hat at this point and Pets never took off/is a nuisance to ride), lack of events (bet they're really wishing they'd done a full-scale Lunar), and the outdoor masks have all contributed. They keep chipping away at character entertainment, too. Grinchmas and the Potter lights drew a reasonable crowd, but the former has been whittled down to so little that it's hardly an attraction outside the tree lighting.

Park's probably been in its roughest shape since the pre-Potter days, unfortunately.
Good points! SNW will hopefully bring more value to the park. Also agree with pets, an amazing ride, but such a pain to get on, even with express.

tbh USH looked aesthetically better maintained and had more “vibes” than my visit to IOA and DL. I think we all just really want mario open lol

If USH really wanted to boost attendance in the meantime, they should hasten the opening of the rumored Nintendo pop up store that's supposed to be opening on the upper lot near the entrance of the park. They should even consider having some Super Mario character meet and greets as well. This would be a huge shot in the arm to the attendance woes they've been having as of late.

My question is how much admission/APs will go up in price. Given there’s still way less to do than neighboring parks even with this open, I’m curious to what they try.
They will raise it way too much, and then have to do sales and bring prices down again

I know people think this land is going to boost Universal but...it won't be enough to keep people coming back like say Disneyland

It will be like Potter, more people come to see it then bam off season will hit and you will walk onto Mario Kart

I hope they have the Raids/games because if out land has one less ride and no raid...lol
I don't get the point it''s just another ride. We need things that will get people to come in and or want to spend more money and especially for AP's if we dont get games...I just see most people visiting more when it opens then back to the same old same old...and then they will up Dream works theater and wonder...why can't we get more people to spend money or come in.

Really they’re just adding one more ride to the park (Mario kart) and the ride itself isn’t all that great.
I'll have to ride it to see but it looks to me as fun if not more than SLOP and if everyone can LOVE that ride but hates MK just because they want a coaster they can but I'm going to give it a chance as a dark ride before hating it

But I agree its one ride, and less space then JP....just get it done.

Reactions: highdefrex
But I agree its one ride, and less space then JP....just get it done.

And the faster we get it done, the faster we can get the next thing! As excited as I am for this land to open and to finally ride MK, I'm just as excited to see what comes next for Universal, whether it's Donkey Kong or a Mummy (or Simpsons) replacement or... something. It feels like the park is just in this weird pause right now where things like SNW and Toothsome feel like they're taking ages, even if I understand why, with nothing else to compensate while the park holds its breath, which is frustrating when, as a fan, I just want the park to be in full swing with multiple amazing projects going, dammit!