Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 157 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal billboards featuring Mario, but they're based on specific decades:

Early 2000s:
Screenshot_20220205-164011_PixelLab.jpg

Early 2010s:
Screenshot_20220205-162740_PixelLab.jpg

Early 2020s:
20220205_164724.jpg

Early 2020s alt:
20220205_164821.jpg
Also,
Its not coming out in the summer....I think we won't see Ads until late summer or fall
Illumination teasers for Holiday films usually come around February if Sing and The Grinch are anything to go off of. Sing 2 had it's first trailer in June, but there's a possibility Illumination could go back to their old ways for the Mario movie.

Attachments

• 20220205_164821.jpg
    20220205_164821.jpg
    718.3 KB · Views: 2
Universal billboards featuring Mario, but they're based on specific decades:

Early 2000s:
View attachment 15837

Early 2010s:
View attachment 15838

Early 2020s:
View attachment 15840

Early 2020s alt:
View attachment 15841
Also,

Illumination teasers for Holiday films usually come around February if Sing and The Grinch are anything to go off of. Sing 2 had it's first trailer in June, but there's a possibility Illumination could go back to their old ways for the Mario movie.
I thought we were talking about the land

the movie...sure but a commerical for Nintendoland? I doubt it

I'm less confident about SNW Hollywood news though. I feel like that'll be closer to the beginning of Fall.
My money is still on a November opening, possibly with softs around mid October. I just don't see this opening in time for Summer and I don't think they want this to interfere with HHN. You don't want the massive crowds getting pushed out of the park early to make way for HHN crowds, especially with how compact the park is.

So yeah, November is what I'm saying. I mean, the insides are basically done. They just have to work on the exteriors and then test everything.

My money is still on a November opening, possibly with softs around mid October. I just don't see this opening in time for Summer and I don't think they want this to interfere with HHN. You don't want the massive crowds getting pushed out of the park early to make way for HHN crowds, especially with how compact the park is.

So yeah, November is what I'm saying. I mean, the insides are basically done. They just have to work on the exteriors and then test everything.
A good amount points to December 17. Blackouts dates for one, and I've heard that there are internal talks for that date as well. Certainly open by January judging from blackout calenders as well

It still looks really unfinished to me. Sure things can move fast once the colorful prefab pieces start to go up, but it hasn’t been looking good for 2022 for me for a long time.

Reactions: Ron101
It still looks really unfinished to me. Sure things can move fast once the colorful prefab pieces start to go up, but it hasn’t been looking good for 2022 for me for a long time.
Several pages back, someone compared images to Potter’s construction from February 2015 to February 2916 when Potter soft opened. You’d be amazed how far they’ve come from 2015.

This definitely looks better than where Potter was in 2015 so I think it’s still very plausible it can open by the end of this year.

From what I understand, prefab in Japan came together really quickly once they started. Considering they started outlining the ride entrance, and are almost done with another coat of paint, I don't think it's too unlikely that they'll start prefab within a month-month and a half. To me, it really comes down to whether or not all the interiors and ride are just about complete as a few here have said

Sure, it COULD be done by the end of the year. I am saying that is not looking good, considering the speed at which it is moving compared to where we were and where we are at currently.

If things pick, which they have not seemed to, that could change.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
What I want to ask is why is then coming out so late in the year? They could not last year have done more work? Like at least from the pictures they went realllllly slow on building last year and no clue why this would not make 2022. It's like the management wants the park to be empty except for summer/spring break

What I want to ask is why is then coming out so late in the year? They could not last year have done more work? Like at least from the pictures they went realllllly slow on building last year and no clue why this would not make 2022. It's like the management wants the park to be empty except for summer/spring break

I think there were issues with getting materials due to shortages, but i could be wrong.

Gonna speak on this: SNW Osaka's prefabrification went up rather quickly as-well. Had it not of been for the pandemic, SNW would've been on-time for Spring 2020 even with the short timeframe.

Going to post the February 2020 shots for instance. I really do not think we should be concerned on the timeframe on this (Especially as some here have said of the land being completed by September). We can already see them getting ready, especially around areas like Mt. Beanpole and Bowser's Castle. It's times like this though that I wish @tommyhawkins could help us get a good basis on how the potential ten month clock is like how it is now for MK Tron compared to Shanghai Tron.