Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 156 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
SNW operates during HHN at USJ for what it's worth. But zero change in the standard theme or operation (sad because there is so much potential for a Halloween Nintendo overlay)
Maybe in a few years once all the SNW areas have opened they'll go back and add in projection mapped shows like they do with Hogwarts? It's still very fresh and new but when things level off a bit they could do that to boost crowds up again. People have mentioned making use of Luigi's Mansion which would be a good special event show for that time of year but there are definitely spookier themes Universal/Nintendo could use.

From what I have heard - DON'T expect SNW to be involved with HHN in any capacity (IP for mazes, scare zones, etc.), but rather limited to having Halloween festivities during the daytime.

I've also heard there is no restriction on SNW being open during HHN, but rather it is the park's decision. And like Clive has mentioned, the park wants to sell those day/night combo tickets somehow...

Maybe in a few years once all the SNW areas have opened they'll go back and add in projection mapped shows like they do with Hogwarts? It's still very fresh and new but when things level off a bit they could do that to boost crowds up again. People have mentioned making use of Luigi's Mansion which would be a good special event show for that time of year but there are definitely spookier themes Universal/Nintendo could use.
With Luigi's Mansion 3 selling over 10 million copies, I could definitely see a King Boo "takeover" of Super Nintendo World.

From what I have heard - DON'T expect SNW to be involved with HHN in any capacity (IP for mazes, scare zones, etc.), but rather limited to having Halloween festivities during the daytime.

I've also heard there is no restriction on SNW being open during HHN, but rather it is the park's decision. And like Clive has mentioned, the park wants to sell those day/night combo tickets somehow...
We’ll that’s totally expected. Besides, Nintendo doesn’t really have any material that would a great HHN house anyway.

Kinda a Dumb Question because ours is smaller...but its the land big enough for a show like the Castle show?

I feel like Universal needs more things to do a night to keep people around and a Halloween, Christmas and normal show could really help out if they could use projectors on the castles/land and have a 5-10 min night time show

Kinda a Dumb Question because ours is smaller...but its the land big enough for a show like the Castle show?

I feel like Universal needs more things to do a night to keep people around and a Halloween, Christmas and normal show could really help out if they could use projectors on the castles/land and have a 5-10 min night time show
i might be misremembering, but i recall there being murmurs about a night time show at some point, but perhaps not at the time of opening. i imagine having something that incorporates both a 3d Mario and a 2d pixelated Mario jumping around, looking sorta like Odyssey, could work. Putting some night time stuff downstairs during Chirstmas could really help lower the number of people crowded in WWoHP and Whoville as well

i might be misremembering, but i recall there being murmurs about a night time show at some point, but perhaps not at the time of opening. i imagine having something that incorporates both a 3d Mario and a 2d pixelated Mario jumping around, looking sorta like Odyssey, could work. Putting some night time stuff downstairs during Chirstmas could really help lower the number of people crowded in WWoHP and Whoville as well
Good to hear, Nintendo has some fantastic music so will hopefully be a great show..whenever it opens

Honestly, the most exciting part about Hollywood is seeing how our advertising campaign compares to that of Japan.

Was not a fan of #WEAREMARIO and the commercials for Japan.

We'll also receive some new artwork probably, as they're usually different for cloned rides and areas throughout the Universal parks.

Orlando artwork:
despicable_me_minion_mayhem.jpg

Hollywood artwork:
Despicable-Me-Minion-Mayhem-56a952a25f9b58b7d0fa4da5.png

Japan artwork:
usj-despicable-me-minion-mayhem-m.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly, the most exciting part about Hollywood is seeing how our advertising campaign compares to that of Japan.

We'll also receive some new artwork probably, as they're usually different for cloned rides and areas throughout the Universal parks.

Orlando artwork:
View attachment 15826

Hollywood artwork:
View attachment 15827

Japan artwork:
View attachment 15828
I know art is subjective...but USH has the most generic ad's of those three and honestly....can't remember a poster that was exciting. Most of the time it's a character just standing there and a logo

Would love them to do better but doubt the art will be more fun then Japan

I know art is subjective...but USH has the most generic ad's of those three and honestly....can't remember a poster that was exciting. Most of the time it's a character just standing there and a logo

Would love them to do better but doubt the art will be more fun then Japan
I personally thought the new art they made for Jurassic World The Ride when the park reopened was really cool. Made me excited to get on once it was time.

Orlando artwork:
View attachment 15826

Hollywood artwork:
View attachment 15827

Japan artwork:
View attachment 15828
The explosions in the Hollywood artwork always looked like burnt pizza to me lol.

Super Nintendo World is in a rare position for Hollywood to where, I can absolutely buy them wanting to have a "We are Mario" TV spot, with updated imagery and visuals to more closely match that of the Hollywood version. I almost wonder if they'd tie it in with Illumination's Mario, as outside of Jurassic World: Dominion and Minions Rise of Gru--Mario is the only other large AAA film of Universal Pictures this year. Atleast in the general consensus.

Also helps they have streaming rights this time of the Super Bowl, so why not have it. Though I do think we'll see a UPR advertisement (With those test dummies on Velocicoaster), I do not rule out SNW getting "something" that states 2022. Not giving an explicit date, but working as they did for Transformers in a way to say "Hey, NA/UK, we got something you want to see."

If all else fails, then I can see it being bundled in later in the Spring if they start the PR more closely to Minions (As should be already finished about now).

Super Nintendo World is in a rare position for Hollywood to where, I can absolutely buy them wanting to have a "We are Mario" TV spot, with updated imagery and visuals to more closely match that of the Hollywood version. I almost wonder if they'd tie it in with Illumination's Mario, as outside of Jurassic World: Dominion and Minions Rise of Gru--Mario is the only other large AAA film of Universal Pictures this year. Atleast in the general consensus.

Also helps they have streaming rights this time of the Super Bowl, so why not have it. Though I do think we'll see a UPR advertisement (With those test dummies on Velocicoaster), I do not rule out SNW getting "something" that states 2022. Not giving an explicit date, but working as they did for Transformers in a way to say "Hey, NA/UK, we got something you want to see."

If all else fails, then I can see it being bundled in later in the Spring if they start the PR more closely to Minions (As should be already finished about now).

I would guess it depends on the progression of SNW. SNW outside of the MK course doesn't look remotely close to finishing. There isn't any sign of activity like the Bowser Castle and such. If there's at least some substantial progress is made, they would put out an ad advertising the upcoming SNW and when it will open.

I would guess it depends on the progression of SNW. SNW outside of the MK course doesn't look remotely close to finishing. There isn't any sign of activity like the Bowser Castle and such. If there's at least some substantial progress is made, they would put out an ad advertising the upcoming SNW and when it will open.
The Mario Kart ride entrance is coming along nicely.