Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 289 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Went back today. I was able to snag a reservation for Toadstool at 1:15 thanks to to the link to the reservations site! Once it got to 11, reservations were all gone for the day. They also had a sign out in front of the SNW that had a QR code that would let you make a reservation to the site.

I got to ride a whopping six times today thanks to the single rider line! I haven't gone since last month, so it was good to be back. On one of my rides, then AR was completely messed up. Basically up was down and I had to look down to "look" up. After my meal at Toadstool I rode one more time and while I had a better experience, I had to use one eye as the AR was " image doubling". Oh well. Still had four really good rides on it. I tried to get the coin bonus when the countdown timer is about done but no dice. I guess you have to hit the buttons right when they hit zero?

I decided to treat myself today and get the short rib and the mushroom soup since it was cold and rainy. I'm sorry to say that the short rib was disappointing. Meat was okay, but it tasted like it's been marinated in too much cooking wine. The mashed potatoes were terrible. They tasted like playdough. Mushroom soup was fine but not worth $10. If I do go back, I'll just stick with the Mario Burger and Garlic knots. I don't think it's worth fighting for reservations to go back. I had my fill of the ? Block Tiramisu so I guess if I really get hungry at the park, I'll go to Bumblebeeman's.

Glad I went. Went on Mummy, Transformers, and Potter before heading out. Wanted to take advantage of the reasonable crowds before the weather gets nice again.

The online reservation page for Toadstool Cafe no longer appears to work. The current date is shown as "No Reservations Available." If you try to book a general reservation without a date, you will get an error message.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Does anybody happen to know how fast the virtual queue slots have been going during the weekdays these past two weeks? We plan on going today at 5pm and hope they won’t all be gone by then

They typically sell out by the afternoon but keep opening up throughout the day so keep checking. The land almost always opens up (no more VQ) around 2-3 hours before park closing since guests start to leave the park.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
They typically sell out by the afternoon but keep opening up throughout the day so keep checking. The land almost always opens up (no more VQ) around 2-3 hours before park closing since guests start to leave the park.
Is this on sold out days as well? Going Friday with friends and I guess I'll find out soon but we are going the last 3 hours of the park being open

I'm sorry to say that the short rib was disappointing. Meat was okay, but it tasted like it's been marinated in too much cooking wine. The mashed potatoes were terrible. They tasted like playdough.

Been hearing mixed reviews for the short rib. I don't like goat cheese so I'm probably never going to try it. The portion looks pretty small for the price. Also, that's not mashed potatoes. It's polenta which is similar to grits so if you were expecting mashed potatoes, I can see how the texture would throw you off.

The online reservation page for Toadstool Cafe no longer appears to work. The current date is shown as "No Reservations Available." If you try to book a general reservation without a date, you will get an error message.

I believe it opens at 7am so you were a few minutes early.

That time frame just tells me Disneyland boarding groups but not explicitly said and probably way less painful.
Boardgroups are much worst they are out in mins, compared to this system wheree you can easily get a time just after the park opens (whatever time that is of said day)

Boardgroups are much worst they are out in mins, compared to this system wheree you can easily get a time just after the park opens (whatever time that is of said day)
The only caveat is getting up at 7 for it, but then again considering my distance, I might already be up around that time anyway as I prepare to get ready and/or leave.

The only caveat is getting up at 7 for it, but then again considering my distance, I might already be up around that time anyway as I prepare to get ready and/or leave.
unless you have a late night job 7 am to me isn’t that early

Also reservations don’t sell out in seconds so it’s not like right at 7 you must get on, unless you have a very specific time you must have

but Disney dining is 6 am, so it could be earlier

So apologies if this has been asked before, but are Platinum Passholders being given Express access to Mario Kart? I was under the impression their perk was going to be access to the land without a reservation but I've noticed a lot of Platinum Passholders entering from the express line lately. None had the VIP lanyard just their platinum pass and the TM at the split before you enter the first pre-show, would just glance at their pass and wave them in.
Also yesterday as I was leaving the land, there were several TM's outside the exit to the land with QR codes to scan so that you could give feedback about either the land or the ride. Nice to see they are actively taking feedback and trying to see where they can improve.
IMO they need to fix how the preshows empty out into the room where you get your googles. Its always chaos as the large mass of people try to get their googles and then just crowd around the top of the stairs and make their own lines. A simple chain queue that splits the room in two and herds people into the two lines would work great I think or even just have TM's directing traffic.

Last edited:
^That's true to enter the land (after 3pm I believe), but as far as I know, Platinum does not yet get Express for Mario Kart at this time. Unless that's changed?

Speaking of SNW entrances, looks like the early access tickets are gonna be here for the foreseeable future. There's now May dates for the tickets.