Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 297 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm still surprised that USH hasn't addressed the barren second level of Nintendo World. They could easily at least add the Icy Goomba screen game. And of course the musical note game is something that can also be added to the land with ease.
You think they might aim for installments like that during the next off-season? I'd imagine they'd have to close off part of the upper floor to even add them.

I can't imagine they'll do much with the upper area. Its primary use is the disability access elevator for Mario Kart. They probably don't want the surrounding area to be too crowded.

Reactions: BriefCasey
I think with the film doing how it is, I think we will see many Mario Meet and greet characters over the years

I don't it's impossible now to think we could see more then just DK, Bowser and Daisy added

I think the musical notes were meant to go in Peach’s castle.
I wonder if it'll be possible to add them later ala Jurassic World's update, though at the same time I can't help but wonder if they might consider elsewhere considering a bit of the cave space it's connected to is also used as overflow for Piranha Plant Nap Mishap, which means that place would theoretically have two lines pouring out.

I think with the film doing how it is, I think we will see many Mario Meet and greet characters over the years

I don't it's impossible now to think we could see more then just DK, Bowser and Daisy added
Remembering that it's likely DK will be in his respective section in USJ/EU, it makes me wonder if the costume will be anything like this:

That said, Bowser just feels like the most ambitious with how large he normally is. There was the costume used in the Mario Superstar Baseball Commercials, but I doubt they'd go with something like it again when it comes to making a high class costume for theme parks. I could see him being similar to the old DK Costume, but I'm not sure what else. Just kinda also spitballing here.

That's got me wondering: USJ just proved that a costume can be made for Yoshi. The proportions are on point, and he definitely scores adorable points. Obviously they could overlook Yoshi not having the tail in the parade since he's sitting in a kart on a float, but that clearly won't fly for meet 'n greets. Now the question is, would he be articulate like Mario, Luigi and Peach, or would he be static-faced like chonky Toad?

I'm just speculating here; although I wish I might, Yoshi joining the character roster is not a guarantee at this point.

That's got me wondering: USJ just proved that a costume can be made for Yoshi. The proportions are on point, and he definitely scores adorable points. Obviously they could overlook Yoshi not having the tail in the parade since he's sitting in a kart on a float, but that clearly won't fly for meet 'n greets. Now the question is, would he be articulate like Mario, Luigi and Peach, or would he be static-faced like chonky Toad?

I'm just speculating here; although I wish I might, Yoshi joining the character roster is not a guarantee at this point.
Nothing is guaranteed but the fact that this is illuminations top film and they have had a few really strong film, along with the park flow at USH literally changing for land that had one ride

I would not say most characters are off the table some day, especially if they are featured in an upcoming film

Which Yoshi will be in the sequel and if wario and walugi are villains then it opens up them joining the parks someday

At least in Japan they have one restaurant outside the land, a Pokémon food cart, part of the parade and they will have a show outside the land as well. It’s possible in the future Nintendo will allow more Nintendo things in universal outside the land which is too small to host all these other characters

Can confirm that the early access is extremely worth it.

Everything had a short enough wait to where you could even hop into a character line after the characters showed up. Band games and Bowser Jr. had no wait whatsoever. AR Binoculars were a ghost town. By the near end of the hour was when the people that gunned for MK on entry started doing the band games and filling more space for character photos, so definitely do band games first to get your keys and then character photos.

Also, I think even then the MK wait was short enough to where they asked if we wanted to go again, which I did not do due to both my party wanting to get a move on and a faulty steering wheel that didn't register when turning left on my seat. YMMV but worth pointing out. Especially if you don't plan to go into Toadstool Cafe until later.

EDIT: Goes without saying but once the regular admission people were let in, the place was swarming. Definitely go for two rides on MK while the getting's good if you can fit it in.

Last edited:
Also, I think even then the MK wait was short enough to where they asked if we wanted to go again, which I did not do due to both my party wanting to get a move on and a faulty steering wheel that didn't register when turning left on my seat. YMMV but worth pointing out. Especially if you don't plan to go into Toadstool Cafe until later.

I've gotten that same wheel like two weeks ago and told someone about it, but I don't think they care.

• Sad
Reactions: BriefCasey
Is there a FAQ that I can refer to that would give me an idea about how to make reservations to get access to the Super Mario Land park?

I'm trying to figure out if we have to book at ticket to Universal Studios first and then am able to make some reservation ahead of time ( like "X" number of days before the date of arrival )

or

Does reservation availability only become available the morning of the day that we go and then somehow request access when entering the park?

Any information would be helpful. I'm only going on a certain day and my kids :smirk: really want to see this part of the park and ride the Mario Kart ride ;)

Reactions: mccgavin
Is there a FAQ that I can refer to that would give me an idea about how to make reservations to get access to the Super Mario Land park?

I'm trying to figure out if we have to book at ticket to Universal Studios first and then am able to make some reservation ahead of time ( like "X" number of days before the date of arrival )

or

Does reservation availability only become available the morning of the day that we go and then somehow request access when entering the park?

Any information would be helpful. I'm only going on a certain day and my kids :smirk: really want to see this part of the park and ride the Mario Kart ride ;)
Reservations are only required to enter the land if it reaches capacity, which on a busy day is typically a few hours after the park opens. The app should show to current status of being able to enter the land. If you purchase express pass or early entry you are guaranteed to be able to enter.

Reservations are only required to enter the land if it reaches capacity, which on a busy day is typically a few hours after the park opens. The app should show to current status of being able to enter the land. If you purchase express pass or early entry you are guaranteed to be able to enter.

Just to be clear; if I purchase the Universal Express pass and/or the Super Nintendo World Early Access Ticket, then we will be granted access to that part of the park no matter what?

I was going to get the Universal Express pass cuz my Wife hates super long lines and I don't want to waste the day waiting in 2 or 3 hour lines, but if that also guarantees access to Super Nintendo World...that would be great.

Also; short of getting to access the Super Nintendo World earlier, is there any reason to get both the Unversal Express Pass AND the Super Nintendo World Early Access Ticket?

Just to be clear; if I purchase the Universal Express pass and/or the Super Nintendo World Early Access Ticket, then we will be granted access to that part of the park no matter what?

I was going to get the Universal Express pass cuz my Wife hates super long lines and I don't want to waste the day waiting in 2 or 3 hour lines, but if that also guarantees access to Super Nintendo World...that would be great.

Also; short of getting to access the Super Nintendo World earlier, is there any reason to get both the Unversal Express Pass AND the Super Nintendo World Early Access Ticket?
Only vip I believe gets you express at mK

Only vip I believe gets you express at mK
I wasn't going to do the VIP Experience at Universal, too expensive. If Universal Express guarantees me to get into Super Nintendo World, I'm good.

When it comes to getting to ride on the Mario Kart ride, is this another "get to Super Nintendo World at Rope Drop and get in line as early and as soon as possible" type of situations?

Is there a Virtual Queue option for the Ride if you don't pay for the VIP experience?

or

Is it a straight up "wait in line for 2+ hours" type of scenario to ride it?

I wasn't going to do the VIP Experience at Universal, too expensive. If Universal Express guarantees me to get into Super Nintendo World, I'm good.

When it comes to getting to ride on the Mario Kart ride, is this another "get to Super Nintendo World at Rope Drop and get in line as early and as soon as possible" type of situations?

Is there a Virtual Queue option for the Ride if you don't pay for the VIP experience?

or

Is it a straight up "wait in line for 2+ hours" type of scenario to ride it?
If you get there when it opens and do single rider it’s normally almost walk on