Super Smash Bros. Ultimate | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

That was.... surprising? Honestly thought he would be a Mii fighter sword, but hey this works I guess, considering that Minecraft is THE top selling game of the world and that he was one of the most requested. His move sets look interesting, so I’m down for him. Still hoping for Doom Slayer and Crash!

Makes sense not someone I'm excited about but sure some are

Would have loved Crash or Master Chef more but who knows there is still two more spots

Makes sense not someone I'm excited about but sure some are

Would have loved Crash or Master Chef more but who knows there is still two more spots

Technically--four!

__

as far as Steve/Alex coming in..yeah, it's about time for that. Minecraft is a juggernaut and revolution to what gaming did--so it should be in Smash. That said--I'm not going to be thinking of Master Chief coming in for the next few--because Steve/Alex..is another MIcrosoft rep (yes, they bought Mojang).

I'm honestly interested to know who's on the mii fighters packs for the upcoming round--as I'm guessing we'll find out about it during the 45 minute presentation on Saturday (yeah, 45 minutes).

Reactions: chris.g
Technically--four!

__

as far as Steve/Alex coming in..yeah, it's about time for that. Minecraft is a juggernaut and revolution to what gaming did--so it should be in Smash. That said--I'm not going to be thinking of Master Chief coming in for the next few--because Steve/Alex..is another MIcrosoft rep (yes, they bought Mojang).

I'm honestly interested to know who's on the mii fighters packs for the upcoming round--as I'm guessing we'll find out about it during the 45 minute presentation on Saturday (yeah, 45 minutes).
We are getting 4 more characters? Ohh nice

Wow this move set looks amazing and unique! Well-detailed and very faithful to Minecraft as well.

Also, my heart goes out to Travis Touchdown and Bomberman fans.

Wow this move set looks amazing and unique! Well-detailed and very faithful to Minecraft as well.

Also, my heart goes out to Travis Touchdown and Bomberman fans.

Like WTF

I get Travis his is cool but not that big...but Bomberman? That guy at a Pacman level of status why can't they put him in the game for sure he deserved it
Waluigi and Bomberman for srue are getting screwed for no reason

I mean, Bomberman is getting more representation than Waluigi at this point, as he's an assist trophy, spirit.png, and now the Mii costume.

Travis though...IT'S PERFECT! Now, you may wonder to me, why the hell I'd be loving it. Well it's simple: Travis Touchdown, is a loser. What better way of showing him to be a loser, than to subvert expectations.

Good quote that basically covers my feelings on this - It's a dream come true to see Minecraft Steve in Smash, just not my dream.

Good quote that basically covers my feelings on this - It's a dream come true to see Minecraft Steve in Smash, just not my dream.
Maybe I'm just discounted so far from this game that I don't get it....but I play Fornite but in no way would I put a Fortnite character in the game over Bomberman, Sora, Spyro or Crash

To me Minicraft is like Fortnite, its popular and changed gaming but think other characters and soundtracks would be much better in Smash

Maybe I'm just discounted so far from this game that I don't get it....but I play Fornite but in no way would I put a Fortnite character in the game over Bomberman, Sora, Spyro or Crash

To me Minicraft is like Fortnite, its popular and changed gaming but think other characters and soundtracks would be much better in Smash

I stated this elsewhere, but Minecraft is...albeit, a different beast than Fortnite. Because unlike Fortnite, it's been a massive juggernaut and icon of gaming for the past decade. It's had a longer breath of time than that of Fortnite to where it absolutely makes sense that Minecraft would be represented in Smash. Will it be on everyone's wishlist? No. But I'm completely fine with it.

__

What I'm wondering, is now with Square. Dragon Quest is finally represented, so if they have another slot, there are a few options.
  1. Sora (If they can figure something out legally)
  2. 2B or any Nier character (Yoko Taro is a madman and I refuse to believe that he and Sakurai haven't logistically talked about it)
  3. another FInal Fantasy rep (gut tells me if it's FF7, it'd be Sephiroth).
  4. Lara Croft (An icon of gaming in her own right, and it'd be another western IP)
  5. Genos (if Super Mario RPG gets more representation than just spirit trophies)
Square being in the pass, is something I'm extremely expecting. The question is, who at this point will take that spot.

Reactions: chris.g
Never gave my wishlist dlc characters but personally I would like to see:

- Leon Kennedy: Resident Evil (I know we have two Capcom characters, but I’d like to see a full-on horror rep for Smash. Resident Evil 4 on the GameCube was a HUGE deal when it was released and set the standard for 3rd person shooters)

- Jin Kazama or Heihachi Mishima: Tekken (I like to see another fighting game character in Smash, and it definitely has to be a Tekken rep. Heihachi for me, but if not because of Mii fighter, then Jin Kazama.)

- Doom Slayer: DOOM (Very brutal character, but just the thought of him rip n’ tearing in Smash is so badass and amazing.)

- Crash Bandicoot (Iconic PS character, and was once a rival mascot for Nintendo. Can you imagine his reveal trailer being a callback to Crash invading Nintendo?)

- Geno: Super Mario RPG (Mario 35th anniversary, why not?)

Now here’s an unlikely dream for me for an echo fighter. I’d like to have Venom Snake for an echo for Solid Snake. Instead of using Nikita launcher, Venom uses his bionic arm, and uses a Fulton as his recovery.

I'm willing to bet the next SE character is going to be Geno. He's the highest requested of the bunch

HOLY......CRAP! This was such an unexpected reveal for me. I’m still currently playing FF7 and I am SHOCKED that Sephiroth made it in, and man I am excited. That trailer and soundtrack is amazing, and now I’m super excited to continue the FF7 journey. I think this Smash reveal trailer might be my favorite.

• Wow
Reactions: snayberry
I think the thing that I love, is how they made One Winged Angel just an "instantaeous" song that gets you immediately excited for a villain.

That's a special testament that very few villains get. And Sephiroth is one of those few individuals. All I'm hoping is that they get to have more than just FFVII music, but also FFVIII and FFXIV tracks brought on-board.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Also wanna add, hearing Cloud say “Sephiroth” with One Winged Angel playing in the background is so chilling, and badass.

Reactions: GA-MBIT