Super Smash Bros. Ultimate | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The second Fighters Pass already stomps on the first for me. ARMS (one of my favorite Switch games), Minecraft, and FF7. Absolutely nuts.
We got Banjo and Persona in the first...so the music alone is top tier stuff

I liked Arms but the character they put in would not have been my first choice but the music from that game I'm sure fits right into smash

We got Banjo and Persona in the first...so the music alone is top tier stuff

I liked Arms but the character they put in would not have been my first choice but the music from that game I'm sure fits right into smash
Never played Persona (I would if it was on the Switch Atlus -_-) and never could get used to Banjo. This has a lot more characters I'm used to.

Man I wish we got a fighter pass that’s villain themed, which includes:
- M. Bison (Street Fighter)
- Dr. Eggman (Sonic)
- Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)

Also it seems to me that Sephiroth has lowered the chances of Sora or 2B when it comes to Square Enix reps.

Never played Persona (I would if it was on the Switch Atlus -_-) and never could get used to Banjo. This has a lot more characters I'm used to.
I'm guess Persona 4 will be on Switch next year for the 20th Anniversary of the series. Which I hope so both Persona 4/5 are two of the greatest Roleplaying games ever made with amazing soundtracks.

Sitting here for Dante to be in Smash brothers...
"This party's getting boring, let's leave." - Every Dante fan rn.

But hey, FF7 is cool, I'll take that anyway.

On one hand it's totally understandable they'd be able to add Sephiroth considering they already had Cloud in the game. But on the other hand, everyone was so focused on guessing a plethora of other characters that it never really crossed our minds that he'd be added. Heck, I can't recall anywhere of anyone throwing his name in speculation...making this one of the best character reveals in a while since it was a legitimately true surprise with a very well-known Villain.

I'm super ecstatic. Not the villain I expected or wanted(from any franchise), but still, freaking SEPHIROTH! He was such a popular Project M mod back in the day. I can't wait for more FF music either. Also, finally a character in this battle pass that's worth getting for me. It was starting to worry me haha.

Oh my GAWWWD this is amazing! Sakurai did not only Sephiroth justice, but FF7 aswell. New music and a limited time event where you can get Sephiroth and his stage for early access if you have fighter pass 2!

Also, RIP Geno fans.... again.

Last edited:

Ehhhh, I’ma be honest, I’ve never played Xenoblade before, but this character isn’t really my cup of tea. Sephiroth and Steve are still my top favorite, but if you like it, good for you.

*sigh*, c’mon Doomslayer just a little more.....

I think im just tired of Sword characters from Series that already have people in it....like this character is more wanted than Sora? Crash? Spryo? Someone from Xbox?

I just doubt it and wish these fighter passes were 5 nintendo characters and 5 guest spots.

Reactions: Clive and Jaden
I think im just tired of Sword characters from Series that already have people in it....like this character is more wanted than Sora? Crash? Spryo? Someone from Xbox?

I just doubt it and wish these fighter passes were 5 nintendo characters and 5 guest spots.
Same man, we could’ve had someone to represent horror, FPS, but another sword fighter I guess. The reason I was okay with Sephiroth because he was a huge game villain which Smash needed, and FF7 need more representaion rather than just one fighter, a stage and 2 music.

Same man, we could’ve had someone to represent horror, FPS, but another sword fighter I guess. The reason I was okay with Sephiroth because he was a huge game villain which Smash needed, and FF7 need more representaion rather than just one fighter, a stage and 2 music.
I can give him a pass because he is apart of gaming history....this character in no way is.

Feels like a skin. I know Sony wont...but Spiderman would also be dope. Spiderman is also not only one of the greatest characters ever but also apart of Nintendo's History back on the SNES and onwards until gamecube with the movie spiderman games.

I can give him a pass because he is apart of gaming history....this character in no way is.

Feels like a skin. I know Sony wont...but Spiderman would also be dope. Spiderman is also not only one of the greatest characters ever but also apart of Nintendo's History back on the SNES and onwards until gamecube with the movie spiderman games.
Yea, I don’t know about that. He’s a comic book characters and not a video game character after all.

Reactions: Tristan
At the end of the day, Sakurai and Nintendo are gonna make characters they want or whatever will be good for marketing.
If it's someone you don't like, it's ok, not everyone can be made happy.

Also, stop saying "Oh, they are not iconic/popular enough."
At the end of the day, those things don't matter at all, you think anyone remembers Duckhunt? Or wanted Wiifit trainer? At least Xenoblade is current and has a loyal fanbase.

Too many sword characters? Well not saying I don't disagree, but I learned to grow numb to it and accept it, just be greatful we are all along for the ride :)

For a note: Rex from the same game, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, was among the top three for JP on the gaming community wanting for a specific fighter. It might've actually of been the top pick out of any hope.

Pyra and Mythra have also had traction in EU and NA territories. With Smash already having Rex as a Mii Costume, it actually makes sense for Pyra and Mythra. It also allows them to grow the amount of female characters represented in the series, especially in DLC collections following Min-Min & f!Byleth leading the charge.

Is it another Sword fighter? Yeah. But it's presence in the wishlists has been a large part of the Smash community for more Xenoblade rep. Honestly, while more niche--I would've prefered Elma. And in a sense, it's as @krazyhorrorkid says too: it's not a matter of an iconic nature for the Xenoblade series.

Pyra and Mythra both coming to Smash albeit for me; throws a large wrench in my speculation to the rest of the Fighter's Pass.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, Sakurai and Nintendo are gonna make characters they want or whatever will be good for marketing.
If it's someone you don't like, it's ok, not everyone can be made happy.

Also, stop saying "Oh, they are not iconic/popular enough."
At the end of the day, those things don't matter at all, you think anyone remembers Duckhunt? Or wanted Wiifit trainer? At least Xenoblade is current and has a loyal fanbase.

Too many sword characters? Well not saying I don't disagree, but I learned to grow numb to it and accept it, just be greatful we are all along for the ride :)
I'm not going to just be cool with bad characters added.

I will call them out and this is a meh choice there are too many great characters to waste time on a character a small amount of people might care about. Once again I outlined how Nintendo could easily make people happy 5 Nintendo characters and 5 guests...

Like this Direct Nintendo has hits and misses....this DLC pack is that it has highs and just as low lows.

I will call them out and this is a meh choice there are too many great characters to waste time on a character a small amount of people might care about. Once again I outlined how Nintendo could easily make people happy 5 Nintendo characters and 5 guests...

Like this Direct Nintendo has hits and misses....this DLC pack is that it has highs and just as low lows.

Your definition of making the consumers happy can be vastly different than another's take. And to me, the Smash DLC roster is a great group so-far, combined both that of Seasons 1 and 2. But that's also my take on things.

I'm actually really glad about Pyra and Mythra, because it bucks what could be coming for Fighter's 81 and 82. I really have a lot of intrigue to who'll be our last picks of the current season (and yes, I don't think Smash Ultimate DLC will end).

There is no such thing as a "Bad character" there is no truths or fact to this statement, that is your own opinion.
Too some this could have been there most antipated fighter. You pulled out your broad brush and painted it like this is a horrible thing.

Plus, Xenoblade is a HUGEEEE deal in Japan and this was catered to them, which is ok . Knowing the way this has turned out before (Hero feeding Japan, and us being given Banjo.) The next character will likely be a more U.S. based Character. People wanna get so upset about a character in a video game because it could have been a better pick or there was a better option, there will always be a better option no matter who it is and who your gonna talk to.

Just have fun dude, this isn't something worth crying/sharing your distaste about.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush