Super Smash Bros. Ultimate | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There is no such thing as a "Bad character" there is no truths or fact to this statement, that is your own opinion.
Too some this could have been there most antipated fighter. You pulled out your broad brush and painted it like this is a horrible thing.

Plus, Xenoblade is a HUGEEEE deal in Japan and this was catered to them, which is ok . Knowing the way this has turned out before (Hero feeding Japan, and us being given Banjo.) The next character will likely be a more U.S. based Character. People wanna get so upset about a character in a video game because it could have been a better pick or there was a better option, there will always be a better option no matter who it is and who your gonna talk to.

Just have fun dude, this isn't something worth crying/sharing your distaste about.

I'd also like to say that Xenoblade, is getting more and more love over the course since Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Torna was success stories for the Switch. It, alongside Splatoon, is gaining higher in the popularity ranks; getting close to FE level. This feels more like a JP/Sakurai choice, but it's not an unwarranted choice.

Rex did miss out of the slots for Season one, after-all.

It's also worth bringing up that certain characters are still just too hard to get, even for Sakurai. There's a lot of talk that Sora was the original choice for Sephiroth's spot, but Disney got in the way. We've already gotten Banjo and Steve, so more Microsoft (including Bethesda's Doomguy) might not be where Nintendo wants to take the series. There's also decently founded speculation that Byleth's moveset (slow weapons tactician with moves based around an axe, a sword, and a longbow) was originally made with a Monster Hunter rep in mind, and seeing as we had a Monster Hunter boss, Adventure Mode map, and Assist Trophy in base game, it makes sense that they simply lost negotiations for a Monster Hunter character. Steve took like 8 whole years to get into Smash Bros by himself!

Xenoblade is a modern first party franchise that people, including Sakurai, really seem to enjoy. I'm not the audience for this character personally, but with now 80 characters in the game, I ain't got nothing to complain about honestly. I'd love to see Master Chief or Crash or Rayman or Waluigi get into Smash, and I believe any character from a video game is fair game at this point. But some things just aren't gonna happen, and that's okay in my book. That's just my thoughts on it though, and I've been lucky enough to get most of my top picks in already over the years.

Also, talking about Pyra/Mythra as a character(s): this is our first brand new Switchable character since Pokemon Trainer in Brawl! That's crazy by itself.

It's also worth bringing up that certain characters are still just too hard to get, even for Sakurai. There's a lot of talk that Sora was the original choice for Sephiroth's spot, but Disney got in the way. We've already gotten Banjo and Steve, so more Microsoft (including Bethesda's Doomguy) might not be where Nintendo wants to take the series. There's also decently founded speculation that Byleth's moveset (slow weapons tactician with moves based around an axe, a sword, and a longbow) was originally made with a Monster Hunter rep in mind, and seeing as we had a Monster Hunter boss, Adventure Mode map, and Assist Trophy in base game, it makes sense that they simply lost negotiations for a Monster Hunter character. Steve took like 8 whole years to get into Smash Bros by himself!

Xenoblade is a modern first party franchise that people, including Sakurai, really seem to enjoy. I'm not the audience for this character personally, but with now 80 characters in the game, I ain't got nothing to complain about honestly. I'd love to see Master Chief or Crash or Rayman or Waluigi get into Smash, and I believe any character from a video game is fair game at this point. But some things just aren't gonna happen, and that's okay in my book. That's just my thoughts on it though, and I've been lucky enough to get most of my top picks in already over the years.

Also, talking about Pyra/Mythra as a character(s): this is our first brand new Switchable character since Pokemon Trainer in Brawl! That's crazy by itself.

Not even just that, Pyra and Mythra are one of the rare cases to where a fighter actually counts as two! Pyra and Mythra are essentially Echo fighters combined into one.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I’m kinda disappointed for the lack of Hyrule Warriors representation in Smash. They could have given Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf costumes based off their Hyrule Warriors designs, add music from the game, and had spirits of Cia, Lana, Impa, Volga, Wizzro, and Linkle.

I’m kinda disappointed for the lack of Hyrule Warriors representation in Smash. They could have given Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf costumes based off their Hyrule Warriors designs, add music from the game, and had spirits of Cia, Lana, Impa, Volga, Wizzro, and Linkle.
Back in the Smash43DS/Wii U days, I was really hoping for Ganondorf to be reimagined with his Hyrule Warriors dual sword Demise-inspired design. We ended up just getting Grandpa Falcon again which was a disappointment. Nowadays though I can say I honestly prefer the OoT design to any of his other forms and am glad they chose that one for Ultimate, even if I wish he was given the Dead Man Volley or other specific Ganon-y things.

We did get a few Hyrule Warriors 2 spirits, but yeah, a bit strange we haven't had any other representation from that series. I have to imagine it has something to do with Koei Tecmo developing the games and not Nintendo. They might have to go through some legal hoops to get that content included. I'd still like to see some of the awesome HW remixes or HW Impa make it in as playable though. (Skull Kid or Ghirahim would be preferable over her though but thats just me).

Honestly, if a Fighter's Pass 3 goes into development, I hope they include some of the Age of Calamity content. Impa would be a really fun choice; as it would bring more proper Zelda reps while also bringing a proper BoTW rep outside of just Link.

There’s also Linkle, and she has a huge fan base after the concept arts of her were shown in Hyrule Historia. Btw Gam-bit Fatal Frame which is a Koei Tecmo game series has a smash representation via assist trophy, and spirit.

Well look at that. One of my wishlist characters came true, sorta. Anyways nice to seek a Tekken fighter is coming to Smash, even if it’s not Jin Kazama. I think the music choice could’ve been better. Would’ve been so much hype if they chose the Tekken 5 intro music.

Oh and $10 says his dodge is gonna be his sidestep.

Reactions: snayberry

Ouch, my condolences to those who wanted Dante, Shantae or Dragonborn.

Anyways, Kazyua looks awesome! Looking forward to play him tomorrow. So excited to play while Infinite Azure plays in the back!

Good ending, I was really scared they wouldn't stick the landing but this is probably the best choice given everything! I really didn't expect it after Sephiroth and the rumors about Disney striking down negotiations. Not my top pick but I really enjoy it nonetheless!

Smash Bros has been an incredible ride, and that final trailer with all the characters together was the perfect way to end almost ten years of newcomers and speculation. Masahiro Sakurai more than deserves this long break.

Like all things: It must end. But whatever happens, the future doesn't scare me at all.

Thank you, Sakurai.

What a great send off for the final character in Smash. While I’m not a fan of KH, this trailer was so well done and the music in this is so… magical.

I won’t lie, when Mario walked to the fire I though it would say “BONFIRE LIT” and we were getting Dark Souls lmao.

Only negative's are the music choices...no simple and clean or sanctuary

Really great character but who ever is choosing the music tracks, I'd like a word with they missed some of the best from Persona as well

I'm sure but just always sucks to not find a way to include the best music from KH
Same thing happened with Minecraft and the C418 music, it's a shame but sometimes even Sakurai's team can't make some licensing deals work. The fact that we got Kingdom Hearts represented at all is a legal miracle.

Same thing happened with Minecraft and the C418 music, it's a shame but sometimes even Sakurai's team can't make some licensing deals work. The fact that we got Kingdom Hearts represented at all is a legal miracle.

The fact that Sakurai and Nintendo got a western company like Disney, to sign off on it is a mad leap.

But the fact that they got the Keychain in, is beyond herculean. That Keychain alone of Mickey likely costed Nintendo a *lot* of money.

Reactions: Clive and Legacy
Well, with Sora being the final fighter released for Smash Ultimate, I’m curious to ask you guys. What are your personal rankings for the best characterful reveal trailers?