Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T-Rex Cafe

Amazing pics, and your son is sporting the HHN 18 shirt!

:rep:

LOL! Yeah, I told him, umm, I'm not sure if that's a great choice to wear to Disney, but he didn't care. Actually a lot of people were asking him about HHN and of course I couldn't get him to shut up about it, ha ha! Also got some great looks from the "proper" parents of the world, screw em all!

I was at T-Rex Cafe on 10-15, the day after they opened. The wait was 60 minutes, but I was by myself, so I sat at the Shark Bar. I had a frozen Mojito and the filet dinner. The drink was to die for, the meal was just OK especially given the $30 price. My entire meal, including tip and tax, was $50.

The decor is absolutely beautiful. Here are some of my pictures. I took them without the flash so you can see some of the lighting effects.

trexedit3.jpg

trexedit4.jpg

trexedit5.jpg

trexedit6.jpg

Welcome to :eek:u:, Michelle!

Those are some nice pictures. The ice room is definitely the coolest thing I've seen in a restaurant. It all looks so good, where as Rainforest looks kinda cheap to me. :shrug:

The scary thing is not the Dino's it is the price,,,,AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

Well good to see people are helping the Economy keep rolling. I will have to go next time I get to Orlando. The pictures look very cool and it is a perfect theme for That area.

I totally forgot to mention... Jase and I ate here a couple weeks ago and I actually thought it was pretty decent. I had the parmesan crusted mahi mahi and it was delicious. There was a little bit too much breading, but the whole meal was very filling.

We didn't have to wait too long. It was about 30 minutes and we sat on the border of the Ice Cave and the room with the fire.

We'll probably go back next weekend when my mom is in town!

We went again today and got there around noon. We were seated immediately. Service was sloooooooooooow again. Very slow. We ordered the Artifact Stack (onion rings appetizer) and it didn't come until about 45 minutes after we ordered. Our actual meal took about 40 minutes to get. I had the burger and it was better than last time and I love their waffle fries. The menu isn't too great for picky eaters like myself. I thought they'd have the brick oven pizza like Rain Forrest, but they didn't. I really don't have a reason to go back anytime soon. The service isn't very good (hopefully only because it's so new) and the food I actually will eat I can get elsewhere that taste better and is cheaper.

Does anybody know if T-Rex is on the Dining Plan, or at least will in 2009? I'm trying to help plan my trip in February, this is the major thing in our way right now. It would be nice if it is, I want to see for myself how it is.

It is not on the dining plan, in fact Disney won't handle reservations with them until after the first of the year, you actually have to call the T-REX directly.

Well, we drove down to the Caribe Royal hotel to pick up my uncle who is in town for a few days and take him to dinner. I figured, heck we're close, lets go check out the T-Rex Cafe. The wait to get in at 8:00 was an hour and 45 minutes. Screw that, we said and headed to Fulton's Crab House.

Don't eat at Fulton's unless you're prepared to spend about $50 bucks for a meal. Seriously, the average price of an entree is around $35.