Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

I mean, you can slap a Bourne logo onto all of that too

article-694-yy5oflde.png

Plus they can sell the DVD set, and the typical mug/Universal merch

bourne+collection.jpg

Neither would be my first pick for an action stunt show, because frankly, they're almost impossible to make well. But I don't need to see a theme park actor pretend to be James Bond. It'd be way more fun to get to be James Bond. So an actual attraction could be killer.

But I'd much rather watch Jason Bourne. I don't think anyone watches those films and wants to be in his shoes. He's running and fighting for his life... Not driving classic cars and dating the finest women. As others alluded to, you can do a lot more in a small space with high energy with Bourne. Bond is too big a property and idea to fit into a small stage show.

True, but you put the 007 logo on that stuff and you'll sell ten times what you would with Bourne. I wouldn't ever buy anything that has Bourne on it, but I see that 007 logo and my wallet opens up...
Sure, but it is possible for Universal to sell merch based on their choice for this particular attraction. People were saying that it wasn't possible for Bourne to sell anything

Personally, I feel Universal did not secure the rights to 007 as they wanted to

Believe me, I am a huge 007 fan...All thanks to the N64 games back in the day haha

True, but you put the 007 logo on that stuff and you'll sell ten times what you would with Bourne. I wouldn't ever buy anything that has Bourne on it, but I see that 007 logo and my wallet opens up...
Even if Bourne ends up in the venue, I wouldn't count out a ton of Bond merch in the gift shop.

I mean, there is DC comics and Fallout 4 merch in the Terminator gift shop...

Unfortunately, it's Bourne...

I'm looking forward to this. Attractions like this are what make Universal.. well.. Universal. With F&F finally open, I think it's now the most successful Uni franchise without any type of presence in the parks.

Really? How in the world did that come about? Are there any other stores like that at Universal? I mean I can see a sunglass store being independent but the gift shop at the exit to a ride?

It's been there since the park opened or close to it....waaaay before T2 was there. There are restaurants that were also owned independently in the parks as well, Lombard's Landing originally was under the Hard Rock Cafe group until Universal bought it out.

The same thing happens at Disney with the Uptown Jewelers on Main St.

It's been there since the park opened or close to it....waaaay before T2 was there. There are restaurants that were also owned independently in the parks as well, Lombard's Landing originally was under the Hard Rock Cafe group until Universal bought it out.

The same thing happens at Disney with the Uptown Jewelers on Main St.
What about the Men in Black gift shop?