Test Track 2.0 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Test Track 2.0

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Epcot is about learning, not in-your-face thrill rides.

You're completely right! We agree on something. I don't dislike Test Track because it's not thrilling the entire time. I dislike Test Track for it's sterile, boring setting and the lack of decent scenes.

And of course you can learn more from a toddler's book than you can from Test Track, which is why this redo would be a welcomed change to the nothingness inside of the current attraction. Plus, you forgot one aspect of Epcot that should be represented, which is futurism. Test Track severely lacks that as well, and apparently this redo would give it that.

You're completely right! We agree on something. I don't dislike Test Track because it's not thrilling the entire time. I dislike Test Track for it's sterile, boring setting and the lack of decent scenes.

And of course you can learn more from a toddler's book than you can from Test Track, which is why this redo would be a welcomed change to the nothingness inside of the current attraction. Plus, you forgot one aspect of Epcot that should be represented, which is futurism. Test Track severely lacks that as well, and apparently this redo would give it that.

Is it? I think Epcot withdrew that concept a while ago. I mean, save Mission Space, Spaceship Earth, and EO, "Future World" has become a thing of the past. Universe of Energy, Living Seas, Club Cool, Innoventions, Soarin' and, yes, Test Track, are about contemporary learning and exploration. In the now. The problem is simply the name "Future World." The line for Test Track can testify for the healthy longevity this ride has proven to have. I'm open to Test Track getting a refurb but not because it needs one.

Huh? I'm not complaining about the possible changes.:shrug:

I'm really hoping they happen.

No, not you Skip, we agree for once :lol:. I just don't how people aren't okay with this. GM is fitting the bill and securing the future of the pavilion. Yeah, we all want the rest of Future World to be spruced up, but that doesn't mean we can't get excited about this.

No, not you Skip, we agree for once :lol:. I just don't how people aren't okay with this. GM is fitting the bill and securing the future of the pavilion. Yeah, we all want the rest of Future World to be spruced up, but that doesn't mean we can't get excited about this.

Oh, okay. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

And yea, I don't get it either. Yea, I want the stuff that sucks to be fixed as well, but Wonders has been closed for 5 years and Imagination has sucked for over a decade. It's obvious Disney isn't going to rush to change those facts without a sponsor to help them. And if we can get an awesome redo of Test Track, I'm all for it.

So I if the "new" cars are actually just repainted are they doing this to all of them or are there only the one? The article mentions new ride vehicle designs for the remodel of test track? Seems like a waist to mee if they are repainting the current vehicles if they will just be replaced next year anyways.

So I if the "new" cars are actually just repainted are they doing this to all of them or are there only the one? The article mentions new ride vehicle designs for the remodel of test track? Seems like a waist to mee if they are repainting the current vehicles if they will just be replaced next year anyways.
I'm pretty sure theres only one out now, probably just to see how they look and if guests like them.

I've ridden Test Track exactly one time in my life. Never felt the need to go back.

But I loved World of Motion as a kid. It was always one of our must-do rides. I wouldn't mind a historical-based attraction with the last-minute thrill of TT thrown in.

I really enjoy Test Track and think that it is a fun ride from beginning to end. It is a must-ride for me every time. I would not mind seeing some new stuff in Test Track and I really trust Disney with all of their ride upgrades. Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Space Mountain, and Spaceship Earth turned out really well. Personally just updating the video screens on the cars would be a great improvement, because the current screens are awful.

I'm pretty neutral about Test Track

I'm pretty neutral about this project.

I'm pretty sure this comment wasn't necessary.

Considering the current status of Future World neither is this refurb so excellent post.

That's great news. But I'm kinda surprised with the timeframe. I would think it would be done before the big summer crowds, not after. Soarin' will be even more insane now.

Goddamnit. Haven't been to Epcot in 4 years, first time I get back this will be under renovation. Oh well, will be for the best I hope.