Test Track 2.0 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Test Track 2.0

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Even more reason for me to go to DL instead of WDW for my summer trip this year. With the DCA Re-opening and Epcot promising to be even more of a madhouse than usual in the timeframe i'd likely be there (Around July 4th), it's not worth it. I've wanted to go to DL for awhile now and this and DCA's new stuff may finally give me that extra push to get out there this year.

Even more reason for me to go to DL instead of WDW for my summer trip this year. With the DCA Re-opening and Epcot promising to be even more of a madhouse than usual in the timeframe i'd likely be there (Around July 4th), it's not worth it. I've wanted to go to DL for awhile now and this and DCA's new stuff may finally give me that extra push to get out there this year.

Disneyland is great. I suggest taking that route instead.

I'm surprised to see so many complaints about Test Track, it has always been one of my all time favorite DW rides. I always make a point to ride it several times whenever I go. Not really psyched for the refurb of the ride, as long as they don't re-do the whole damn ride I'll be cool. Not sure how the average guest would react when they find that a crowd favorite is down for several months, and when it finally does re-open is a completely different ride. I think quite a few would complain.

That's great news. But I'm kinda surprised with the timeframe. I would think it would be done before the big summer crowds, not after. Soarin' will be even more insane now.

The thing is, it's not after the summer crowd, it's during. Disney World has a tendancy to take their more popular attractions and renovate them when they're needed the most. I don't know why, but it seems pretty stupid to me. I guess it could be a way to inform more people that it will be better when it opens and will cause more people to think, "Oh! I really wanted to ride that. I better come back when it's open!" But still, it is really, really annoying. Especially since TT and Soarin take all of the heat at EPCOT. Soarin' will be catastrophic.

The park will be fine. Epcot has the most "people eating" attractions out there. Yes, Soarin's fast passes will run out quicker, but other attractions will pick up the slack. Mission: Space has woefully underperformed in its lifetime, and will take on some of the extra burden, hopefully bringing it to the capacity it's supposed to put out. Nemo and Spaceship Earth are also ready to take on more riders, especially SSE since its crowds taper off during the day.

Epcot can handle its crowds the easiest out of all the WDW parks. Shutting Test Track down for 6 months won't hurt the park or its crowd distribution.

With as long and costly as this refurb is, I'd expect some major improvements. I personally enjoyed Test Track, and don't really understand why this is taking place. But if GM wants to improve an already good ride, by all means. I just hope the $60 million is well spent.

From Screamscape:

Fall 2012 - Test Track Update - Rumor - (10/19/11) Trusted Screamscape sources have confirmed that Test Track will indeed go under the knife, closing down to nearly gut and rebuild almost all of the interior show scenes to create a new revitalized version of the ride experience. Also, I’m happy to report that the junk yard style queue area will also be given a major NextGen style overhaul to add new interactive elements.
(10/11/11) The latest buzz around the internet today claims that Disney is planning a four to five month long closure of Test Track starting in April 2012 which will see it close for the entire summer season of 2012, reopening sometime in September. According to the various rumors, this may tie into those new metallic blue car bodies that have been showing up on the attraction, as Disney and GM may have come to a new sponsorship agreement that will see the theme of the ride updated. According to some rumors, the entire gritty “Test Lab” theme may be dumped in favor of a new more slick presentation showing off the ‘design’ and ‘innovation’ side of GM’s cars, with focus not only on the cars themselves, but the high-tech gadgets going inside. (So can we use OnStar from the Epcot parking lot to get front of line access passes now?) More as it leaks out.

I did like the queue but omg when you are standing in line for a while you want to start banging your head on the wall along with that queue music (junkyard techno music?). seriously annoying. Interactive queues im okay with even if they do slow down the line with people stopping to touch everything. bout time they revamped this one. i've always felt this is a prime attraction where scenes could be changed.

I wish they'd put a new coaster in Epcot instead of updating Test Track, which is fine as it is, IMO.

These were my thoughts but rest assured Epcot will be getting some love over the next few years. Something tells me Wonders of Life and Universe of Energy footprints are getting a second or in this case third look.

These were my thoughts but rest assured Epcot will be getting some love over the next few years. Something tells me Wonders of Life and Universe of Energy footprints are getting a second or in this case third look.

I honestly don't think so. Epcot needs so much work done on existing areas that I don't see anything new coming to Future World for a good long while. Energy might get redone along with Imagination, but I doubt we'll see a new addition.

And that being said, Epcot doesn't need a roller coaster.

I honestly don't think so. Epcot needs so much work done on existing areas that I don't see anything new coming to Future World for a good long while. Energy might get redone along with Imagination, but I doubt we'll see a new addition.

And that being said, Epcot doesn't need a roller coaster.

I can agree with most of that. Imagination, SSE, Innoventions, Universe of Energy, Wonders of Life, and Future Worlds main hub all new extreme loving, and thats just in future world.. But if we see anything happening within Future World my money is on Energy and Wonders finally getting the axe.

I can agree with most of that. Imagination, SSE, Innoventions, Universe of Energy, Wonders of Life, and Future Worlds main hub all new extreme loving, and thats just in future world.. But if we see anything happening within Future World my money is on Energy and Wonders finally getting the axe.

I'd be very surprised to see Energy axed. iIt's fairly cheap to operate (only takes 3 CMs) and maintain, and it closes early every day. Wonders could definitely go, but it's used for so much special stuff that it would surprise me, but much less than Energy.

Whatever happens, I just don't want a roller coaster for the sake of a roller coaster.