Test Track 2.0 | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Test Track 2.0

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder how many imagineers have submitted their resumes to UC because Avatar landed on their desk.

At this point, I almost want a colossal disaster to happen with this whole Avatar deal. WDI needs change. And it seems like being publicly humiliated is what needs to happen. There needs to be major changes in philosophy and personnel.

So now the Test Track re-do isn't happening? I'm fine with that as long as they focus the attention on one of the other Epcot attractions desperately in need of a refurb.

From Screamscape:

There is an interesting rumor going around trying to connect the upcoming remodel of Test Track to have a Tron theme, but this is not so. However, Disney and Chevrolet may be looking to add a Tron-style high-tech theme and look to the ride, which would explain the sleak blue new cars with computer graphic stylings. So not Tron… just a high-tech futuristic theme. Think of it more of a World of Motion: Version 2.

As expected, Chevrolet will become the primary sponsor of the ride in place of the former all-encompassing “GM” branding. This has already been seen with the new Chevrolet branding on the few cars that have been wrapped in the new blue color scheme. If you haven’t seen them lately, scroll down 2/3rds of the way through this photo update at Theme Park Review to find several pictures showing off the different cars currently running with guests.

In fact you can even find a new logo or two floating around backstage it seems, according to a photo posted at Epcyclopedia. They also list the rehab dates as being April 15 through September 21st, 2012.

At this point, I almost want a colossal disaster to happen with this whole Avatar deal. WDI needs change. And it seems like being publicly humiliated is what needs to happen. There needs to be major changes in philosophy and personnel.

Yeah, to connect this to another thread... stay with disney and come up with avatar stuff... or go to universal and design a hogwarts express that travels effortlessly between the two parks. I would churn out choo choo ideas till the cows came home for universal. Avatar... I would make some hot coco and hop into bed and sleep forever until my job at disney went away.

Yeah, to connect this to another thread... stay with disney and come up with avatar stuff... or go to universal and design a hogwarts express that travels effortlessly between the two parks. I would churn out choo choo ideas till the cows came home for universal. Avatar... I would make some hot coco and hop into bed and sleep forever until my job at disney went away.

I don't think it's fair to call Universal the creatively free one anymore.

I know im the only one that cares about this but why did they have to choose Chevy for there sponser I wish they couldve gotten Ford instead the last time I ever owned a Chevy the tranmission blew out but anyway I am really extcited that Test track is getting some love!!!

I know im the only one that cares about this but why did they have to choose Chevy for there sponser I wish they couldve gotten Ford instead the last time I ever owned a Chevy the tranmission blew out but anyway I am really extcited that Test track is getting some love!!!

Found on Road Dead
Fixed or Repaired Daily

It goes both ways :lol:

Either I do not understand American English... or I merely do not understand what you are getting at with your above statement. Can you elaborate please?

Everyone always got on Disney because of the heavy hand bean counters hand in the project decision process. That's a fair criticism. Universal was seen as the free spirit. Where all the talented Imagineers fled. But now, if you don't wanna work on Potter, stay away from Universal. Universal, with such success, is becoming like WDI.

It's definitely a fair argument. But I'd rather have JK, who is known to be demanding, yet accommodating enough to other people's visions to allow collaboration (such as with the films) than Cameron, who is notorious for his disregard of other people's opinions.

It's definitely a fair argument. But I'd rather have JK, who is known to be demanding, yet accommodating enough to other people's visions to allow collaboration (such as with the films) than Cameron, who is notorious for his disregard of other people's opinions.

Personally, I'd rather have neither. And be trusted to do my own job with my peers who know more about theme parks than the two of them could ever care to know.

UC is more and more limited the more and more Universal ties themselves to third party franchises is what I believe him to mean.

Ah.. well if that is what was meant then. Hmmm what company picked up Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Drew Carey, American Idol, and now Avatar?

At least we will never see an absurd mouse wearing big round glasses with a lightning bolt scar on its forehead. And it would have happened.

Personally, I'd rather have neither. And be trusted to do my own job with my peers who know more about theme parks than the two of them could ever care to know.

Well, I never said that I actually wanted someone dictating what was and wasn't OK for me to do, but was trying to say Rowling would be the lesser of two evils.

And we're off-topic...

TEST TRACK via Chevy ! Woohoo! I hope they have the experience where the batteries blow up mid banked turn.

Last edited:

The answer is simple. Chevrolet is a Division within General Motors (GM). Ford is a completely different company. GM has sponsored Test Track/World of Motion since the beginning and they will continue to do so. They are just turning the sponsorship focus on the largest and most popular brand instead of the entire company in general (which includes US divisions Chevy, GMC, Buick, and Cadillac).

I'd actually be very interested in how a "Tron" inspired scenery could look. It diffenitly has potential if done right. I'm glad I will get to experiance the original Test Track at least one more time and that my wife will finally get to for her first time.

The only reason this re-theme is happening is because of the sponsor. Disney wouldn't put up the money for this and they honestly don't have to. Test Track still gets regular 2 hour waits (3 hours during the recent Xmas week) and is probably one of the last attractions in the World I would sign up for a big overhaul.

The only reason this re-theme is happening is because of the sponsor. Disney wouldn't put up the money for this and they honestly don't have to. Test Track still gets regular 2 hour waits (3 hours during the recent Xmas week) and is probably one of the last attractions in the World I would sign up for a big overhaul.

Not me. Test Track sucks.

Cold, sterile ride with no heart or imagination. It's only saving grace is its ride system.

Basically GM got sick of the ride being a "test car ride" and they want to make it more of an actual ride with of course some car education thrown in just like all rides at EPCOT have some sort of education element to them.