Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The 4-D Dosent Even Work Anymore

R.L. Stines Haunted Lighthouse!

I remember a while ago there was a dolphin show there. Was somewhat cool.

I called it "Mini-Sea World" or the live-action SW advertisement :lol: It was kind of cool, and a nice change-up. I liked how you could see parts from the Sky Ride too.

Oh, and the Haunted Lighthouse is included as well as Pirates of what I said before. Since they changed it to a 4D theater it has broken down every time I went in. :bonk:

- - - Updated - - -

Bud and Mich, they would have to change their names now if they were still there

Those were the dolphin's names?

I called it "Mini-Sea World" or the live-action SW advertisement :lol: It was kind of cool, and a nice change-up. I liked how you could see parts from the Sky Ride too.

Oh, and the Haunted Lighthouse is included as well as Pirates of what I said before. Since they changed it to a 4D theater it has broken down every time I went in. :bonk:

- - - Updated - - -

Those were the dolphin's names?

Yep that was their names... Anheisher all the way!

Wow, there's a photo on there of when Gwazi was still duelling. And both trains are full!

Actually, the trains are full almost all the time now it it's a decently busy day, with it being at the front and something for the kids to do that aren't quite tall enough for the bigger coasters. And there is enough people in the line that would fill both sides if both still ran.

Actually, the trains are full almost all the time now it it's a decently busy day, with it being at the front and something for the kids to do that aren't quite tall enough for the bigger coasters. And there is enough people in the line that would fill both sides if both still ran.

I guess whenever I've ridden it's been a guaranteed walk on. Good to know it's still relatively popular amongst some audiences.

Shame it's days are numbered, I'm a fan.

I still love how BGT got BGW's broken pirates show. "Hey, since this show is getting low G-sats let's send it to Fl like we did with that wild mouse coaster."

Wow I cannot believe this show still exists. I saw this at Sea World, here in Australia when I was little. This was back when I was scared of everything, and I couldn't even watch the screen as anything in 3D movies scared me (I was a massive cowards of a child, even kids movies aimed at kids younger then me scared me). Wish I could watch it now that I am not a coward and can actually see more then 2 seconds of it.

Pirates 4-D is open today with twelve show times. In other news, Gwazi (the one remaining side) is a 90 minute wait. And Crown Colony second floor now has a craft beer room.

Just went to BGT for the first time this month and I was shocked to see this show there! I was actually working at sea world in Ohio when this was the "big new attraction" of the summer, lol. I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure it was 1993 like someone had said earlier, might have been 92. It was cheesy back then but we went in and saw it this trip for old laughs. Wow, it did not age well. Barely anything I remember worked and the cheesy played out as kind of boring and annoying now. Sadly it is definitely time to set captain lucky and dr. Nigel Channing out to sea.

So I just read this from Screamscape this morning:

General Park News - (7/14/13) I’m told that Busch Gardens Tampa closed down the park’s 4D theater for good a few days ago, making the Williamsburg park the last one in the chain to still show off the old Pirates 4D film. Word has it that the theater may be converted into a new live show performance venue of some kind in early 2014. Stay tuned!

Looks like Pirates is on its way out (but Screamscape forgot to mention that Williamsburg's version closed too :lol:)!

So I just read this from Screamscape this morning:
Looks like Pirates is on its way out (but Screamscape forgot to mention that Williamsburg's version closed too :lol:)![/QUOTE]

Well after losing the Stanleyville Theater they need another venue, hopefully they upgrade it to make it a great place for a show. Although it would be kinda strange to have two shows/theaters so close together.

I was at the park two days ago and snapped some pictures of the theater and it's construction progress.

The entrance , not much going on except the signs were replaced.

Not much going on at the queue.

Anyhow I did talk to an employee. I asked her about the 4-D theater she happened to inform me that most of the 4-D effects were not working because people were vandalizing the effects for example the water sprayers didn't work because people were sticking straw wrappers in them. Also the ride didn't get updates because of the budget cuts. But honestly it was on the chopping block anyway, so why it didn't close was to do with the budget cuts they just needed the show for crowd control. I am glad to hear that the show will be replaced with an animal indoor stage show. Well that ends the update.